The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

I like to see young Scottish players come through and do well, no matter what club they are at.  There's no doubt Barrie McKay excelled last season, however it was in the Championship.

He's been nothing other than bang average in the Premiership.  I don't think even the Rangers would argue against that.  He played fairly well against Celtic on Hogmanay, but other than that?

Six million!? This is on basis of a training session against a Bundesliga side? :lol:  Unless we're talking in pence, then that's not happening.

20 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Looks like Ewan Murray reads this thread!

GetFileAttachment?id=AAMkAGUwMTAyYWM0LTdhMDQtNDUzOS05OTU2LTFmM2U1NDkwMmY0MQBGAAAAAACi9v7HdMYYQJ3Yw0lf7fjHBwAmcbKiyF6HSIhijgIhojtcAAIBaqJNAAARiI9Y2mMoRaG7OFYSZf1LAAB3dQ%2F9AAABEgAQADO7EcocapxOkv2Uxqr1Ywk%3D&isImagePreview=True&X-OWA-CANARY=YUPaZrW7D0O9nuu7HRb67haRBygXQdQIKvB68x2AOmNbuDo7Cq1VUpbuMok-NPkvmiwtWy0NKWs.

I can't see the link. WTF is up with this site recently?

I don't know who Ewan Murray is but I'm happy to take Ruggy's word for it. Ewan, you're a c**t.

2 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/celtic-kid-kieran-tierney-decent-9654414

Just me who doesn't get all the McKay rage? He's a decent Premiership winger, maybe he'll get better, but at the moment I wouldn't say he was any more effective than the likes of Jonny Hayes.

Aye, he's got potential but so far in his career he's doing nothing to suggest he's reached the same level as a good Premiership player like, say, Jamie Walker, never mind one of the best players in the division like Hayes.

Six million pounds indeed. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I can't see the link. WTF is up with this site recently?

I don't know who Ewan Murray is but I'm happy to take Ruggy's word for it. Ewan, you're a c**t.

It was showing up fine in mine.  Was just a tweet about the £6m figure about 15 minutes after I posted it in here.  In fairness he probably just read it in the paper!

He's a journalist for the Guardian and Observer.

Ewan; Rangers died and the current incarnation is a new club. You and the rest of the bigoted Rangers fans let the old club die. Hopefully you all let the nee club you now follow die as well.

Get it right up you. Everyone despises Sevco and it hurts you lot every single day. You care very much, which makes it all the more delicious. Sevco and their fans are an utter cancer on Scottish football and Scottish society (same applies to Celtic and their fans).

We don't need Sevco and we don't want Sevco.

I've made the mistake of mentioning this on Twitter. Now getting Rangers fans saying that Hayes has never performed v Celtic, McKay has destroyed them twice which shows he is better and Hayes is massively over rated.

taylor-swift-sigh-gif.gif

1 minute ago, RiG said:

I've made the mistake of mentioning this on Twitter. Now getting Rangers fans saying that Hayes has never performed v Celtic, McKay has destroyed them twice which shows he is better and Hayes is massively over rated.

Reading people replying to Ewan Murrays feed - basically as McKay did well against Lustig in one game then he should be worth a lot. Also he destroyed Callum Paterson in a match as well! £££££

2 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Reading people replying to Ewan Murrays feed - basically as McKay did well against Lustig in one game then he should be worth a lot. Also he destroyed Callum Paterson in a match as well! £££££

I've now got the classic line from Rangers fans - "This is clearly someone who doesn't like it when something positive is said about Rangers. Standard from wee teams."

They really don't like any kind of negative or disparaging comment about their club or players.

I've heard that RB Leipzig are quite big on using analytics in their recruitment, so there's a chance that McKay's underlying numbers are better than his performances suggest. Burke was supposedly a big statisitcal outlier for his age, but you could see that translating onto the pitch with his performances earlier in the season for Forest. I wouldn't say McKay has been anywhere near that level and he doesn't look physical enough for Bundesliga or the demanding style of play under Hassenhutl.

The more likely expanation is that they played a friendly recently and the DR need some rumours to fill their column inches and potentially drum up business for their pals.

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

I've now got the classic line from Rangers fans - "This is clearly someone who doesn't like it when something positive is said about Rangers. Standard from wee teams."

They really don't like any kind of negative or disparaging comment about their club or players.

I had to make my Twitter private after I posted a jokey comment about Rangers not being relegated to Div 3 and being a new team (kicked out and then brought back - amazed Coral haven't approached me to be on their side) and ended up with about 20 Gers fans Tweeting me links to Fifa websites and newspaper reports saying that it was the same side etc.  It's good fun to see how many bites you can get!

Right who got to Wiki first? Barrie McKay (born 30 December 1994) is a Scottish professional football player who has recently been sold to Red Bull Leipzig for €75 million with a 10% sell on fee and the Scotland national team. McKay can play either as a striker or as a winger.

:lol: Dee Man and I on the same wave length!

Edited by The Minertaur

16 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I hope you responded with:

Related image

Not yet. I am waiting for these dribbling morons to see if they remember this one. Some of the classic lines are getting trotted out now "Aye well if Hayes is good then how come no one has bid £6 million for him? Aye, exactly!", "Hayes huz never played good against them but McKay is great!" and my favourite one "Canny believe wit I've just read!" with loads of these stupid emojis after it.

face-with-tears-of-joy.png

Edited by RiG

6 minutes ago, RiG said:

Not yet. I am waiting for these dribbling morons to see if they remember this one. Some of the classic lines are getting trotted out now "Aye well if Hayes is good then how come no one has bid £6 million for him? Aye, exactly!", "Hayes huz never played good against them but McKay is great!" and my favourite one "Canny believe wit I've just read!" with loads of these stupid emojis after it.

face-with-tears-of-joy.png

They really are a strange bunch.

They absolutely crave the self esteem boost that comes from one of their players being touted for a £6m move.  It's just bizarre.

If the DR said someone was about to offer £6m for Hayes I'd just laugh.

3 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/celtic-kid-kieran-tierney-decent-9654414

Just me who doesn't get all the McKay rage? He's a decent Premiership winger, maybe he'll get better, but at the moment I wouldn't say he was any more effective than the likes of Jonny Hayes.

Did you live through the medias stauner for Barry Ferguson? 

Proper cringey

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

They really are a strange bunch.

They absolutely crave the self esteem boost that comes from one of their players being touted for a £6m move.  It's just bizarre.

If the DR said someone was about to offer £6m for Hayes I'd just laugh.

I pointed out to one of them that Hayes has scored more goals and assisted more than McKay has done this season. All I got back was "Hayes huz never played well against Celtic" :blink: