The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

9 hours ago, G-MAN said:

TBF credit to the Saints fans.

550 to Pittodrie on Thurs when our own fans couldntnget off their arses to attend.

Then almost another 500 down to Hamilton today.

Well done, impressive following.

I thought our support at Accies yesterday was higher than it would have been on the Saturday, forgetting we had a game on Thursday. Home support on the other hand was maybe lower than it would have been 24 hours earlier?

Edited by Radford

www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/celtic/14763836.Celtic_need_courage_of_convictions_to_quell_rampant_Man_City_says_Sviatchenko/                                                                                                                                     The Swede believes he and his colleagues will be readier to meet Pep Guardiola’s side than they were to meet the team that he played such a major part in building.calling sviatchenko a swede is like calling William Wallace English.

At least two League Two clubs will exit the Scottish Cup at the second-round stage after the draw paired four of the senior clubs joining at that stage.

Annan Athletic will host East Stirlingshire while Edinburgh City will entertain leaders Forfar Athletic.

Scottish Cup: League Two sides face tough second-round ties
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37475222

Firstly, I'll say that the Celtic-Citeh game last night was excellent and I really enjoyed it as a neutral - but for a fan with a laptop example, the breathless piece in the Record by Darren Cooney is a classic. My favourite quote, clearly typed whilst still nursing a semi, gives you an idea of the tone:

But that was in Spain. This was in Glasgow. And the critics were left to choke on their words as Celtic played with an intensity and fire that could have burned your retinas.

It's great to read about the plucky "£20 million" squad doing so well against the odds - I look forward to the same approach taken when Accies or ICT next play Celtic.....

23 minutes ago, Swello said:

Firstly, I'll say that the Celtic-Citeh game last night was excellent and I really enjoyed it as a neutral - but for a fan with a laptop example, the breathless piece in the Record by Darren Cooney is a classic. My favourite quote, clearly typed whilst still nursing a semi, gives you an idea of the tone:

It's great to read about the plucky "£20 million" squad doing so well against the odds - I look forward to the same approach taken when Accies or ICT next play Celtic.....

What a bizarre article.  He actually says nothing then lists historic results.

Did he get paid for that?

27 minutes ago, Swello said:

Is he a "journalist" or is it one of those fan pieces they publish?

The Guardian's rent-a-gobshite Ewan Murray claimed earlier this week that Brendan Rodgers' passing game from the goalkeeper position might flounder on "the dreadful Scottish pitches in winter". Now unless I've missed something, the only genuinely bad pitch in the top flight in recent seasons was Fir Park - back when Gretna were alive and abusing it as ground-sharers. Since then Scottish football pitches - in the top flight and, shock, even at most venues in the lower leagues, have been smooth, flat and entirely conducive to playing football 'the right way' or otherwise.

It's almost as if he's a tragic golfist roped in to pass judgement on a game that he doesn't follow too well. 

Edited by vikingTON

5 hours ago, vikingTON said:

The Guardian's rent-a-gobshite Ewan Murray claimed earlier this week that Brendan Rodgers' passing game from the goalkeeper position might flounder on "the dreadful Scottish pitches in winter". Now unless I've missed something, the only genuinely bad pitch in the top flight in recent seasons was Fir Park - back when Gretna were alive and abusing it as ground-sharers. Since then Scottish football pitches - in the top flight and, shock, even at most venues in the lower leagues, have been smooth, flat and entirely conducive to playing football 'the right way' or otherwise.

It's almost as if he's a tragic golfist roped in to pass judgement on a game that he doesn't follow too well. 

Ewan Murray is a gobshite and your last point is spot on. He was slagging off ICT (no surprise given his history with us) because we were signing a load of English lads when Butcher was in charge. Murray had some how contrived to miss a number of articles published in the days before where Butcher had been quoted that he has to go for these guys because they cost buttons compared to some of the ages that the Scottish guys were chasing when ICT approached them. We were simply cutting our cloth and, in a lot of cases, getting much better players.

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

Ewan Murray is a gobshite and your last point is spot on. He was slagging off ICT (no surprise given his history with us) because we were signing a load of English lads when Butcher was in charge. Murray had some how contrived to miss a number of articles published in the days before where Butcher had been quoted that he has to go for these guys because they cost buttons compared to some of the ages that the Scottish guys were chasing when ICT approached them. We were simply cutting our cloth and, in a lot of cases, getting much better players.

What's his history with ICT? He's an absolutely dreadful troll.

Ewan Murray plays up to this all the time.  It's an act.  If you speak to him, as a few people on this site have, he'll freely admit it's something he does on Twitter to generate traffic.

Fairly sure he's a bit of an oddball - one of those kids in school who was really, really into football and memorised all the players goalscoring records but never actually played football at lunchtime or for a team.  I get the feeling there's one or two of those on this website actually :lol: