5 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

"The Insider Football Finance Index is a complex decision analysis model designed to rank the top Scottish football clubs"

Well that will f**k most of the barely-literate Ps&Ds who haunt the Sevco threads and prefer the binary 'deid/no-deid' approach to life.

Got as far as,

"The exclusive index looks at clubs’ business performance in three areas: financial discipline, corporate governance and stakeholder engagement. These are taken together and weighted to give an overall financial score."

then pished myself laughing, without weighting.[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

"The Insider Football Finance Index is a complex decision analysis model designed to rank the top Scottish football clubs"
Well that will f**k most of the barely-literate Ps&Ds who haunt the Sevco threads and prefer the binary 'deid/no-deid' approach to life.

1872 version = deid
2012 version = will be deid when the debt pass the parcel music stops.

On 11/05/2018 at 23:54, The_Kincardine said:

Kincardine, I honestly see much more of an exclusively binary approach to the "deid/no deid" question among the Rangers fans on here than I do among the Ps and Ds.

While some of the Ps and Ds adopt an unequivocal "deid" stance, some of us also take a more nuanced outlook, recognising that Rangers are kinda old, kinda new.

However, I don't know of any Rangers supporters on here or anywhere to be honest, who dare to allow themselves such a pragmatic perspective.  All insist that this Rangers is precisely that founded in the 1870s.

Once more, a blanket attack on those who don't favour Rangers, looks petty and inaccurate.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

5 hours ago, Oooooft said:

This maybe more accurate.

0q2wzuu.gif

Wow, that's even better than yon dancing Craig Whyte pic.

Today you won the internet.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Kincardine, I honestly see much more of an exclusively binary approach to the "died/no died" question among the Rangers fans on here than I do among the Ps and Ds.

While some of the Ps and Ds adopt an unequivocal "died" stance, some of us also take a more nuanced outlook, recognising that Rangers are kinda old, kinda new.

However, I don't know of any Rangers supporters on here or anywhere to be honest, who dare to allow themselves such a pragmatic perspective.  All insist that this Rangers is precisely that founded in the 1870s.

Once more, a blanket attack on those who don't favour Rangers, looks petty and inaccurate.

Utter nonsense, plenty of bears accept that we changed to Sevco.

6 hours ago, bennett said:

Utter nonsense, plenty of bears accept that we changed to Sevco.

Well dear Bennett, if you recognise that something did indeed fundamentally change in 2012, and you're not of course simply being facetious, then I will naturally offer my humble apologies for ever suggesting otherwise.

Even then though, "plenty" would require rather a stretch.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

On 5/11/2018 at 23:54, The_Kincardine said:

On 5/12/2018 at 00:25, kiddy said:

Got as far as,

"The exclusive index looks at clubs’ business performance in three areas: financial discipline, corporate governance and stakeholder engagement. These are taken together and weighted to give an overall financial score."

then pished myself laughing, without weighting.emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

@Monkey TennisI wrest my case.

• 5 months later...

Another absolute kicking for the Ibrox club, on the legal and financial fronts.

It almost makes you feel sorry for their counsel: as with the application of SDI to "join" the RRL action, the lawyers were put in the position of trying to justify a clear breach of contract, post hoc, in terms that could only ever have made sense inside Dave King's head.

It may be worth recalling last summer's glorious victory for King over Ashley, with the "greatly improved deal" - even at the time of the announcement, it was pretty clear that King was spinning a capitulation, made to keep him out of trouble after the judge's absolutely damning comments on the "joining" judgement. It trasnpired that the deal was continuing, in perpetuity subject to matching rights, and that Rangers (not King!) had paid £3m for the privilege.

Now, the saving grace was that the deal was so much better, and King explicitly encouraged the fans to start buying again. Perhaps some of them even believed it was a better deal, rather than just a skin and face saver for DK.

However, the last few months of legal disputes have all been around fighting vehemently not to have to take on a deal that is - at worst - equivalent to the "improved" deal.

It makes no sense, unless King is intentionally lying to the fans at every juncture. Then it makes a great deal of sense; in fact, there are no aspects that are not completely explained by that one simple hypothesis.

owever, the last few months of legal disputes have all been around fighting vehemently not to have to take on a deal that is - at worst - equivalent to the "improved" deal.

It makes no sense"

Sugna pretty much summing it up here, only thing I can think of is that it's came down to egos/personal dislikes. If the elite/jd sports deals were matched then we should have went with Ashley's jumble sales. Far from ideal but better than this nonsense.

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

owever, the last few months of legal disputes have all been around fighting vehemently not to have to take on a deal that is - at worst - equivalent to the "improved" deal.

It makes no sense"

Sugna pretty much summing it up here, only thing I can think of is that it's came down to egos/personal dislikes. If the elite/jd sports deals were matched then we should have went with Ashley's jumble sales. Far from ideal but better than this nonsense.

Except King had poisoned the Ashley well - sales would have been abysmal.

3 minutes ago, The DA said:

Except King had poisoned the Ashley well - sales would have been abysmal.

In an ideal world you wouldn't do business with Ashley or go anywhere near his jumble sales but it's looking like King (and co?) have completely cocked this up.

5 hours ago, bennett said:

It makes no sense"

It's no clash of egos FFS...

Rangers are just a tiny teenie speck in Ashley s empire, and has them wrapped like a mummy, Kings desperately try to spin it as evil Ashley v Rangers as if Ashley gives a f**k what Rangers fans say of do...Rangers fans can talk about boycotts and stink bombs and pretend it makes a different, but, they're just Kings mugs.

vvvvvv

Screenshot_20181025-003400.png

Edited by Jdog

It's no clash of egos FFS...
Rangers are just a tiny teenie speck in Ashley s empire, and has them wrapped like a mummy, Kings desperately try to spin it as evil Ashley v Rangers as if Ashley gives a f**k what Rangers fans say of do...Rangers fans can talk about boycotts and stink bombs and pretend it makes a different, but, they're just Kings mugs.
vvvvvv

Screenshot_20181025-003400.thumb.png.14f44fab5f28f73d10bc042b2136ca04.png
'bear after bear after bear' [emoji28][emoji28]

'bears with restricted mobility' [emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]

So that's getting on for 1/2 a million £ costs for no benefit?
What an imbecile King is!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46052295

Maybe they'll be able to get several million for Morelos in the summer (possibly Tavernier could go for a relatively big fee too) and if they can continue to perform well in Europe it'll help their turnover for this season. But then selling the better players just to make up for losses is hugely different from selling players when you're making a profit - means you can't fully reinvest whatever you rake in.

Haemorrhaging cash at some rate. Quite curious to see if the season ticket numbers hold up at the seasons end if they go through yet another dismal domestic campaign + Celtic start to creep closer to 10IAR or if they start to trend downwards, even if only slightly at first.

On 26/10/2018 at 13:58, printer said:

'bear after bear after bear' emoji28.pngemoji28.png

'bears with restricted mobility' emoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.png

So that's getting on for 1/2 a million £ costs for no benefit?
What an imbecile King is!

Restricted mentality, more like.