29 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

No, it clearly wasn't. Most of the morons that got excited genuinely believed that.

Simply not true.

There's very little posted on here to suggest a genuine belief that King didn't have the money.  There's far more to say he did via a Trust, but claimed himself not to have access to such funds.

Just saying something doesn't render it so, I'm afraid.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Simply not true.

There's very little posted on here to suggest a genuine belief that King didn't have the money.  There's far more to say he did via a Trust, but claimed himself not to have access to such funds.

how will the South African Revenue Service deal with these sudden events?

10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Simply not true.

Not too bad an attempt at trolling I suppose...

10 minutes ago, Ken Fitlike said:

how will the South African Revenue Service deal with these sudden events?

I'm assuming that Philip has a source in sars, so we'll probably find out.

Sars guy?

1 hour ago, Tartantony said:

He'll really struggle to get money out of South Africa so it'll likely need to be a trust company in another Country.

Apparently he has a fail safe method for smuggling Krugerrands, it'll be fine.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Patting yourself on the back like that is a little unbecoming, Bennett.

Have a cyber back pat from me then.

13 hours ago, bennett said:

So the general p and b opinion is that King doesn't have the cash to make a shareholding offer?

The general consensus is that king will have to divert " the warchest" into paying off other share holders.

Also some questions about the trust fund being effectively controlled by king and thus putting them under the scope of the SA tax authorities.

17 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

The general consensus is that king will have to divert " the warchest" into paying off other share holders.

Also some questions about the trust fund being effectively controlled by king and thus putting them under the scope of the SA tax authorities.

No the general consensus was that he had no money.

You must be very knowledgeable about trust funds and south African tax affairs....

25 minutes ago, bennett said:

You must be very knowledgeable about trust funds and south African tax affairs....

Is this your go to point on the issue, that no-one on here are experts in South African tax matters? 

While I am no expert, I was one of the main accountants for a large company in South Africa for 5 years and I can tell you for a fact that it's extremely difficult to move funds from South Africa to a foreign entity, even when the foreign entity is the parent entity. I spent 5 years trying to move R11m (approx $1m) and when I left the role the money was still sitting in South Africa. He would need to work with SARS, SARB and auditors and meet every single bit of criteria in order to get anything out. They take things like tax history and reputation into account which we all know doesn't go in DKs favour. 

Now it could well be that he has the funds in a trust in another country and South Africa doesn't come into the equation but if they do then i would be flabbergasted if he got £11m out of South Africa. 

Edited by Tartantony

No the general consensus was that he had no money.

Not so much a consensus but a statement from kings own lawyer. He said to the court that king didn’t have the money to make an offer even if the court ordered him to do so

3 minutes ago, steelmen said:

Not so much a consensus but a statement from kings own lawyer. He said to the court that king didn’t have the money to make an offer even if the court ordered him to do so

Correct.

That's where the argument came from.  Most voices on here rightly ridiculed the idea.

Bennett and Forest of Dean are just running with a daft wee fantasy version they can't support.