Best Marvel/Superhero Film

The Dark Knight Rises (if you class Batman as a superhero).

Possibly either of the two x-men origin films (no I don't mean Wolverine), First Class or Days Of Future Past.

If you are talking Marvel Studios then it'll be Captain America The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy or Iron Man 3 for me depending on how I'm feeling. However, if it's Marvel characters in general made by other studios then Spider-Man 2 has to be up there too.

For me, the best superhero movie of all is The Dark Knight Rises.

Slightly related - anyone else going to London Comic Con next week?

If you are talking Marvel Studios then it'll be Captain America The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy or Iron Man 3 for me depending on how I'm feeling. However, if it's Marvel characters in general made by other studios then Spider-Man 2 has to be up there too.

For me, the best superhero movie of all is The Dark Knight Rises.

Slightly related - anyone else going to London Comic Con next week?

Is this a fishing trip mate? I know everyone has an opinion but I thought Iron Man 3 and Spiderman were 2 of the worst! Would like your take on it and maybe you can convince me to watch them again.

Is this a fishing trip mate? I know everyone has an opinion but I thought Iron Man 3 and Spiderman were 2 of the worst! Would like your take on it and maybe you can convince me to watch them again.

Iron Man 3 is good because Iron Man is hardly in in. Shane Black knows that RDJ is the reason the first movie was a success to begin with so he just lets him act. Iron Man 2 was utter guff.

Spider-Man 2 is by far the best Sam Raimi effort. It has some brilliant action scenes, (the train fight sequence is one).

I'm not alone in liking these movies by the way as both were critically well received and continue to receive good ratings on rotten tomatoes etc which is generally a good gauge .

• 1 year later...

Glad it's been bumped. I think, in hindsight, it's probably Captain America: Winter Soldier and has been for a while now, but there's definitely not much between it and GotG and they're both absolutely incredible movies that would be worthy of any studio.

Archived