Rocket League

Dave1875

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Apologies for resurrecting quite an old thread but wondering if anyone is still playing this?

Not playing as much these days but it's been the one game I have constantly gone back to now for three years and more.

Not that that's meant I am any better than below average to average at it depending on ranked playlist type, mind :)

If anyone wants to team up on it sometime for some ranked 2s (or maybe 3s) and you aren't so good that you'd just get annoyed with me, my PSN is Buddie1980.

I still play, usually solo std. I'm pretty poor tbh, currently Plat on solo STD, Diamond on std and Plat on duel. Don't usually play pairs though so many tears from people losing and blaming their TM.
Just checked, I've played 21778 matches and my time played is 36 days, 21 hours, 32 minutes.

1 hour ago, magic sign said:

I still play, usually solo std. I'm pretty poor tbh, currently Plat on solo STD, Diamond on std and Plat on duel. Don't usually play pairs though so many tears from people losing and blaming their TM.
Just checked, I've played 21778 matches and my time played is 36 days, 21 hours, 32 minutes.

Haha, all your ranks are better than mine haha. My best is low plat on 3s although I did get quite close to Diamond a while ago back. Have only ever made high gold on 2s and find solo std a real struggle (despite mostly playing standard 3s as as a solo).

As most of the player base is in gold or below I think, you have to face up to the fact that you might be poor next to the pros but you are pretty good in terms of the whole player base :)

I think I have played around 8700 matches at least according to the in-game stats.

Agree that there's a ridiculous amount of team-mate blaming btw. Usually folk who are very good at aerials and other mechanics but haven't the first idea about rotation, positioning or helping on defence in my experience.*

*Let's be clear, I am not claiming I don't do my share of messing up but I try to be honest with myself when I have!

The matchmaking on Rumble does seem a bit strange. I played my 10 placement games, won 7 or 8 of them and was placed in gold 2. Very quickly made my way to Plat 1 and then got matched with 2 teammates. One Gold 1 and one Silver 2. I assume it's something to do with the limited number of players.

32 minutes ago, magic sign said:

The matchmaking on Rumble does seem a bit strange. I played my 10 placement games, won 7 or 8 of them and was placed in gold 2. Very quickly made my way to Plat 1 and then got matched with 2 teammates. One Gold 1 and one Silver 2. I assume it's something to do with the limited number of players.

Probably. It's usually fairly consistent once you get to Diamond. Played a game last night where there was a two-player party in the other team, one of them was Gold. Think he ended up with 40-odd points :lol: 

I'm now on Plat 2, doubt I'll get to Diamond on rumble tbh. My use of the Power ups is pretty poor, managed to score a spectacular OG today. Had the ball on my spikes and thought I'd aerial to the goal and someone booted me into a whirlwind and ended up along side the ball in my own goal.

My two biggest flaws are barrell rolls and double jump aerials.

When I first started playing, everytime I jumped off a wall as soon as I hit the ball I did a double barrell roll as I liked how it looked. Now it's become a habit I can't stop. Hence I've never been able to do an air dribble because I have no control of the car in the air after leaving the wall.

In free practice I can double jump aerial, in game if I try it I back flip every single time. Just given up trying tbh.

• 3 months later...

Hey, guys. I see that there are a lot of beginners here, so I want to help you out because I understand how hard it is when you don't know what to do. First of all, you should watch some videos on Youtube from Thanovic, there you will find some useful information. Also, you can try using special sites where you can buy items that have a lower price than on steam market. Personally, I'm using this site for rl trading. I've never had any issues with the payment or something like that so you can try it, but it's up to you.

Edited by JammEr21

• 2 weeks later...