Full match dvd's

Killiepiyo

Evening,

Just running over some ideas and looking for some input. Was wondering if your club had highlights, would you as a supporter like the option of getting the full match on dvd? Say like £10 a month or a set amount for the full season you could have a dvd of every game that season, would that be appealing?

I trialled this for us and got absolutely no interest at all.

I did a 90 min season review of the action I had recorded from about 24 games one season that got a little interest, but not a lot.

Left me feeling it wasn't worth bothering.

Ah sorry to hear that mate, never attempted a season review myself. I liked doing goal of the month tho and wanted to do goal of the season but never got around to it. Only really done full games for managers or players over the last wee while, had the odd supporter ask me for a game. Just wondered if there was any interest in it, even as a wee perk to like season tickets/club membership or something.

I can see the attraction for big games such as Cup Finals but would you ever watch 90 minutes of a normal league game.

I have recordings of all Talbot's Junior Cup Finals fron 2006 and have never watched the full 90 minutes of any of them.

Well produced and narrated season reviews are the way to go but even then most fans would only want it for a winning season. I'm sure Killipiyo could stick something together for Hurlfords run the Scottish Final last year with highlights and a few interviews chucked in to bulk it out.

I think getting folk to part with cash for these things will be harder now that they've come to expect it to be freely available online.

Well produced and narrated season reviews are the way to go

Yeah agree, Did anyone film Meadows most recent cup run in the big scottish? found like a photo slide show and Irvine Heald/sns interview ones with strain on youtube

I did it for a few years running with little interest after the first year for season reviews for Beith & stopped due to the sheer volume of time with so little interest in it.

More just seemed more interested in the YouTube highlights.

I did it for a few years running with little interest after the first year for season reviews for Beith & stopped due to the sheer volume of time with so little interest in it.

More just seemed more interested in the YouTube highlights.

Agreed. So many used to badger me the day or so after the match for highlights but asking for £5 for a 90 minutes highlights DVD was like asking for a full Juniors season fixture list in July. Nigh on impossible.

It has to be something totally out of the ordinary before folk will actually part with cash for a DVD.

A few years ago we were fortunate to unearth a 16mm film with highlights of the 1955 Scottish cup final, Kilsyth v Duntocher Hibs. It was genuinely unique for several reasons, first it is the earliest known colour film of Hampden in its glory days (confirmed by Richard McBrearty, curator of Hampden football museum), second it records the very first time that a player scored four goals in a Hampden cup final, (predating Puskas in European cup final by five years), finally it has interviews with two of the players who took part in the game, (not immediately post match, there was a slight gap of almost sixty years but their memories remain fresh).

Genuinely a real part of football history and it has sold almos 300 copies and can be viewed on request at Hampden, let them know in advance though.

This might be a daft suggestion but as you've said people like to collect programmes so why not

Incorporate previous highlights / goals or interviews etc with a QR (I think that's what they're called) the wee square from the bottom of an ad that smart phones can scan to open up videos etc. And increase the programme price to suit.

It's a tough one, the fact so many of the guys that film games immediately upload them to YouTube means that if your a supporter and want to see certain games or moments your more likely to go there rather than pay ?? For a DVD then skip through it till the bit you want to see?

On a slightly different tangent that I think it relevant, a couple of years back I helped write a seasons review for Arthurlie it was basically a game by report and pics for the season with comings and goings it was 80? Pages I think and on sale at £3:50 zero interest.

I do remember, and actually found his list last week, the guy that would ground hop and film games then sell them on VHS but he got in at the right time!

I'd say clubs benifit from the work the guys filming do and it's maybe an idea, I know most do it for the enjoyment, but expenses for them if they follow your club or at a minimum clubs home and away let these guys in free of charge and look after them during the games as they are promoting your club and putting it out there!

This might be a daft suggestion but as you've said people like to collect programmes so why not

Incorporate previous highlights / goals or interviews etc with a QR (I think that's what they're called) the wee square from the bottom of an ad that smart phones can scan to open up videos etc. And increase the programme price to suit.

That's a good idea, I like that one

(continuing the film puns)

reservoir-dogs-1992-618497f.jpg

Archived