Kilwinning Rangers 2015/16

Scotlad

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't there 3 weeks ago. I was standing on the opposite side but it looks like it would create a good atmosphere.

First I saw it was in the footage of cashys excellent winner and it looks good.

Good to see buffs improving the ground as during their excellent trophy laden years the ground was in a state of neglect . Now it all appears to be coming together off the park for them and good to see lots of junior teams improving their grounds.

Winton came to defend and attack Buffs on the break, this seems to be Strain Snrs tactics against Buffs, its frustrating and boring to watch. Thing is Winton have some gifted players stifled by the system Strain Snr employs.

Lewis and Boylan deserved to get sent off. With 9 men on the park, Kerr pushed into midfield and the whole game changed. Buffs kept attacking as they always try to do. Deano scored a wonder goal on his return, beating 3 or 4 players. Buffs tails up and Cashy scored a superb overhead kick last minute. That was that. A victory for attacking football. Well done Strain Jnr.

Unbelievable performances from Gowser, Kerr and Tommy Maitland in particular, but all 9 played their part.

Atmosphere was very good too, with the new stand at the clubhouse side being jam packed and noisy. The Winton game has become a bit of a local derby from both clubs.

I think both clubs will be okay this season in the Super First, both have enough about them to be competing at the right end of the table.

Onwards and upwards COYB.

What was Ben and Brian sent off for?? Surprised at Ben being red carded!

Lewis was sent off for a two-footed lunge.

I couldn't quite see what Boylan was sent off for as I was over the other side but he didn't protest too much. It was a second yellow anyway. I actually thought he could have been off after about 30 seconds when he went up for a header and elbowed the Winton defender in the face. Intentional or not, it certainly looked nasty and I've seen players being sent off for less.

When you look at the stats and see 3 players plus two coaching staff sent off, it looks like a dirty game but it was more competitive than dirty. They're is a bit of needle between these two teams which is great for a rivalry.

Really looking forward to this game tonight,was talking to a supporter last week,about how much of a turn around off the park there has been over the last year,on the park Chris is bringing in some good experienced players,that coupled with a fleet of young players is great to see.

onwards and upwards

3-2 Last minute Ben Lewis penalty

Well deserved win for the Buffs against a Medda team that kicked anything that moved in Blue and White. A victory for football and everyone connected with the Buffs.

Onwards and upwards COYB.

Archived