When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So a fixed vote engineered by pro-english minority conspirators meant that we were equal partners in the empire? Bollocks. Had the vote not been called the way it had it would have easily been defeated.

That was Scottish governance at the time. Nobody would say now that it was fair, but neither would they say that FPTP or the House of Lords was fair. The Nation of Scotland chose to join the Union by the scurrilous means of its rulers, in return for bounty and a share in its Empire. We can't turn round now and say the Empire was nothing to do with us.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Is this the new orthodoxy?  Is this what weans are being taught in schools in Scotland?

Scotland reveled in Empire and, pound for pound, contributed more than any constituent part of The UK.  Not for nothing it's been called The Scottish Empire. 

No one has ever denied the role of many Scots in the empire. Scotland has always had a significant proportion of utter arseholes, from the “assured Scots” of the 1540s to the imperialists to drunken Sevco fans.

33 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I was polite enough not to mention that. But however unrepresentative or corrupt our leaders were, that was Scotland at that time. And they made a condition of joining the Union to have full permission to exploit the Colonies. Which they did big style. The school you went to was probably built from the sweat and death of slaves.

That was not 'scotland' and it's dishonest to claim the vote (paid for) of 150 people is representative of Scotland.  Across Scotland riots broke out when union was announced, that is what the views of 'scotland'were at the time.

Subsequently 'scotland'never once made a single decision to invade colonise or exploit anywhere in the over two hundred years of colonialism that followed.

3 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

That was not 'scotland' and it's dishonest to claim the vote (paid for) of 150 people is representative of Scotland.  Across Scotland riots broke out when union was announced, that is what the views of 'scotland'were at the time.

Subsequently 'scotland'never once made a single decision to invade colonise or exploit anywhere in the over two hundred years of colonialism that followed.

People have rioted under all sort of governments and rulers, and the rulers have still had their way. The only way your argument works is if you claim Scotland wasn't a Nation before the Union.

I know you're a pompous boor but do you really have to say this tripe?  Again?  
You haven't one original thought in your smug head.
The absolute state of that [emoji38]

Some posters seems to recall a time when you were a decent contributor to the site. Personally I can't remember you being anything other than a desperate, attention-seeking shambles, but here we are.

Sober the f**k up.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

I know you're a pompous boor but do you really have to say this tripe?  Again?  

You haven't one original thought in your smug head.

Tbf mate in the absolute shit fest of the the last few pages on this thread of which you have been front and centre, your complete lack of self awareness to call some else ‘tragic’ nearly made me shit myself laughing.

YOU GET DRUNK AND HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN COME ON THE POLITICS SECTION OF A FOOTBALL FORUM TO WIND UP PEOPLE YOU DON’T KNOW BECAUSE YOUR FOOTBALL TEAM IS SUCH A LAUGHING STOCK YOU DON’T HAVE ANY BALLS TO POST ABOUT THEM.

Edited by Londonwell

4 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

It was a bribe. There were protests across Scotland against it. The vast majority wanted no union, the elite took the shilling. Surprised your short sighted on this WB

People protest about stuff all the time. Countries ignore it all the time, as Scotland did in 1706/7.

P.S. I just think that when we see all these grand old buildings in Glasgow especially, but Edinburgh, Dundee, Perth, Aberdeen and Inverness as well, we should remember where the money came from and not blame it all on the English.

4 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Tbf mate in the absolute shit fest of the the last few pages on this thread of which you have been front and centre, your complete lack of self awareness to call some else ‘tragic’ nearly made me shit myself laughing.

YOU GET DRUNK AND HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN COME ON THE POLITICS SECTION OF A FOOTBALL FORUM TO WIND UP PEOPLE YOU DON’T KNOW BECAUSE YOUR FOOTBALL TEAM IS SUCH A LAUGHING STOCK YOU DON’T HAVE ANY BALLS TO POST ABOUT THEM.

My first post this evening said:

The problem with teaching history wrt both Culloden and The Clearances is that both are mired in myth and lore.  The same is true of the tattie famine in Ireland.  Nostalgia and tribalism come to the fore when these topics are discussed.

A recent In Our Time broadcast on The Clearances is well worth a listen:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09tc4tm

This is both true and inoffensive.  That others take umbrage is down to their own ignorance and insecurity.  That you type in caps in reply shows that you're a tosser.  I tried to make a decent post - the gist of which has been justified by the level of response I've had.  Not that I'm surprised.

23 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Have to say you sound/read a bit paraletic yourself m8.

Edited by welshbairn

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Have to say you sound/read a bit paraletic yourself m8.

In what way?  Unusually I’m having a perty free weekend.

Do you disagree that he comes on here late at night with the sole intention of winding people up and then disappears by the next day? Reading his back and forth with fuzzy made my eyes bleed.

30 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

My first post this evening said:

The problem with teaching history wrt both Culloden and The Clearances is that both are mired in myth and lore.  The same is true of the tattie famine in Ireland.  Nostalgia and tribalism come to the fore when these topics are discussed.

A recent In Our Time broadcast on The Clearances is well worth a listen:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09tc4tm

This is both true and inoffensive.  That others take umbrage is down to their own ignorance and insecurity.  That you type in caps in reply shows that you're a tosser.  I tried to make a decent post - the gist of which has been justified by the level of response I've had.  Not that I'm surprised.

Aye good one, mate.

Anyway! To move on from me admittingly also taking the thread off course.

What are people’s thoughts on the delayed and delayed again Growth Commision?  Meant to January, then March- now the rumour is the next, uniquely scheduled, party conference.

There are 2 trains of thought for me. 1. As with most things that Andrew Wilson is involved in it comes across initially quite pish, so Nicola has pulled it. Or 2 They’re saving it for around conference to help build momentum to the Autumn announcement. 

Edited by Londonwell

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Did we get to the bottom of the full “Proddies pit Scoatland on ra map by ra way” claim?

We’ll have to wait until late night next weekend for the next instalment I’m afraid, where all shall be revealed.