When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There is no point, nobody said theft and nobody disputes ownership.  I stated that's why the UK is desperate to prevent Scottish self government.  Well one of the reasons.

Agreed it’s a concern and still an important asset,
but ‘why the UK is desperate to prevent Self government’..hmm?
A 38% fall in revenue from North Sea Oil in 2017-2018 OBR figures a rapidly eroding percentage of total UK GDP...?
A couple of links from last year, might conflict with your assessment.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/03/14/five-charts-show-economically-risky-scottish-independence-would/

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/apr/04/north-sea-oil-and-gas-industry-cost-taxpayer-396m-in-2016

28 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

If its not about oil, why was the Scotland/England sea boundary changed on the quiet by Tony Blair and Donald Dewar? If I recall correctly it was done at midnight on the day the Scottish parliament was reconvening. Video available on youtube for the disbelievers

Its amazing you still have some people on here trying to justify this and the general waste of what should have been a bonus windfall for all.

Instead of regulating the NS correctly and properly investing the wealth aka Norway, Westminster tories both blue and later red, used our resource, to fund tax cuts for the wealthy and pay the huge rise in dole claims resulting from the brutal 80's economic restructuring. Oh and London has had lots of new shiny capital infrastrucure projects in the last 30 years. Funny that.

Thankfully despite westminster and their apologists doing their best to cover up the fact......there will still be plenty left for us to manage correctly......if we become independent in the forseeable.

Seeing Scots championing Scotland’s lack of ownership doesn’t really sell their beloved union.

It isn’t a case of championing the lack of ownership, it’s stating the bloody obvious that currently it’s a shared resource.
It remains an important asset despite recent fluctuations in revenues.

5 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

It isn’t a case of championing the lack of ownership, it’s stating the bloody obvious that currently it’s a shared resource.

I don’t think you’re anything other than a committed cheerleader for Westminster’s continued sovereignty over Scotland. You revel in it (and everything else with that yucky Scottish identity) being a “shared resource”.

I don’t think you’re anything other than a committed cheerleader for Westminster’s continued sovereignty over Scotland. You revel in it (and everything else with that yucky Scottish identity) being a “shared resource”.

It’s simply what it is at present, a UK resource. The use of revenues derived from it, is indeed another argument.

2 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Agreed it’s a concern and still an important asset,
but ‘why the UK is desperate to prevent Self government’..hmm?
A 38% fall in revenue from North Sea Oil in 2017-2018 OBR figures a rapidly eroding percentage of total UK GDP...?
A couple of links from last year, might conflict with your assessment.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/03/14/five-charts-show-economically-risky-scottish-independence-would/

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/apr/04/north-sea-oil-and-gas-industry-cost-taxpayer-396m-in-2016

There's 100 years worth Wes.  Temporary fluctuations in price mean fk all, it's by far the UK's largest asset and provides the UK's top four exports.  And if we leave it's ours.  That's why they want to keep us.

7 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

It’s simply what it is at present, a UK resource. The use of revenues derived from it, is indeed another argument.

I heartily endorse you trumpeting this in future. Scots need to be reminded that Scotland legally owns nothing, and that all resources discovered in Scotland are UK resources as long as we’re wrapped in the strong arms of the union. Better Together should really get plenty of support from these reminders.

Edited by Antlion

9 minutes ago, Antlion said:

I heartily endorse you trumpeting this in future. Scots need to be reminded that Scotland legally owns nothing, and that all resources discovered in Scotland are UK resources as long as we’re wrapped in the strong arms of the union. Better Together should really get plenty of support from these reminders.

There are already plans for a pipeline to pump water from Scotland to England.  Estimated cost is 14 billion.  We will literally be paying billions to give water to south east England soon if we stay in the UK.

And Wes the bigot will fkn love it.

I said earlier, the same applies to Natural Resources developed and exploited in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. It isn’t a personal view or opinion it’s the way it works at present.

1 minute ago, RedRob72 said:

I sa,id earlier, the same applies to Natural Resources developed and exploited in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. It isn’t a personal view or opinion it’s the way it works at present.

Such as.....trollollol.  Don't reply Wes your cravenness gets nauseating after a while.

35 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

I said earlier, the same applies to Natural Resources developed and exploited in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. It isn’t a personal view or opinion it’s the way it works at present.

And your personal view is that it’s good that any all all natural resources in Scotland belong to the UK. So you should happily tour this as a good thing, and worth Better Together reminding us in the future. I wonder how they should word it. “Scotland owns no resources, that’s just how it is, and you should like it and want it to continue” doesn’t have much vo-de-oh-do.

And your personal view is that it’s good that any all all natural resources in Scotland belong to the UK. So you should happily tour this as a good thing, and worth Better Together reminding us in the future. I wonder how they should word it. “Scotland owns no resources, that’s just how it is, and you should like it and want it to continue” doesn’t have much vo-de-oh-do.

It’s entirely up to you how you frame it, and the words you choose. The vast reserves to be found amongst the parochial higher ground, will always belong to you sir.

2 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

It’s entirely up to you how you frame it, and the words you choose. The vast reserves to be found amongst the parochial higher ground, will always belong to you sir.

Pretty sure parochialism is the preserve of Little Britain and its cheerleaders. You know, the nation state actually enacting a nationalist agenda mainly because a majority of voters don’t like non-Eng- sorry, non-British.

16 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Oof this thread is getting a tad repetitive. What we need is a good poll... Colkitto my good chap, you have anything?

Nothing I'm afraid young sir.  Getting to the stage where I feel as if I should commission one myself! 

It’s not shared if we aren’t getting any tangible benefit of it, like London is.