When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Why do you think support for independence has risen in the last few months?

4 hours ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Survation had support for independence at 43% in June and 46% now. Why do you think that is?

3 hours ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

How many No voters were in the 62% who voted to remain in the EU? How will they break next time? As previously mentioned, the trend towards Yes is a positive one.

19 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Do you think Brexit is more or less insular and nationalistic than Scottish independence?

15 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Do you think French independence is insular and nationalistic?

Are you doing an opinion poll?

Roughly the same.

Utterly ridiculous.
The scottish Indy case was always about being an open, internationalist society and making our own decisions in line with that.

Brexit is the opposite. Close the doors, block the immigrants, make Britain great again etc. All the while wanting all the benefits of the club without being in the club or playing by the rules.

The EDL, UKIP, BNP, SDL, DUP and national front all wanted a no vote and brexit. What does that tell you?

Utterly ridiculous.
The scottish Indy case was always about being an open, internationalist society and making our own decisions in line with that.

Brexit is the opposite. Close the doors, block the immigrants, make Britain great again etc. All the while wanting all the benefits of the club without being in the club or playing by the rules.

The EDL, UKIP, BNP, SDL, DUP and national front all wanted a no vote and brexit. What does that tell you?

That their nationalism is British nationalism not Scottish. I don't think Scottish nationalism is as unsavoury and racist as aspects of the British Brexit nationalism but I think they are both nationalistic causes and there are similarities in the reasons many yes voters voted yes as the reasons many leave voters voted leave.

Just now, Jmothecat2 said:

Then yes. I'm not that up on French politics but I'm unaware of any French independence movement so I'm really struggling to figure out what you are talking about.

I'm trying to ascertain why you think Scottish independence is insular and nationalistic but French independence isn't. It's quite straightforward.

I'm trying to ascertain why you think Scottish independence is insular and nationalistic but French independence isn't. It's quite straightforward.

It's not straightforward as you've completely made up a situation. I think a fictional French independence movement in present day, democratic, not oppressed, France would be insular and nationalistic, though as there isn't one, as far as I'm aware, how the f**k am I possibly supposed to comment on one?

From a self-confessed troll who basically lives in a Politics sub forum of a football message board. Fucking hell [emoji38]

Thanks for your input made without a hint of irony.We were all getting along fine without a potty mouth juvenile input to the topic thank you very much.

5 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

It's not straightforward as you've completely made up a situation. I think a fictional French independence movement in present day, democratic, not oppressed, France would be insular and nationalistic, though as there isn't one, as far as I'm aware, how the f**k am I possibly supposed to comment on one?

I'm not aware of any movement in France for France to give up its independence. That means the French people want France to be independent. Using your logic they are therefore insular and nationalistic. Do you disagree?

I'm not aware of any movement in France for France to give up its independence. That means the French people want France to be independent. Using your logic they are therefore insular and nationalistic. Do you disagree?

No, that's not using my logic at all. Your argument is completely unsound.

9 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

The only people fighting for more independence for France are the Front National, and yes, they are very insular and nationalistic.