When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And guessing that as i voted Remain that was a proxy for demanding an Indy2 vote.

So you're remain and labour/anti Tory (well I think so anyway...) like the majority of Scotland but yet you're happy with a Tory government for ANOTHER 5 years because it's what people south of Manchester wanted and you're happy to be leaving the EU because it's what people south of Gretna wanted.

What a mindset.

So you're remain and labour/anti Tory (well I think so anyway...) like the majority of Scotland but yet you're happy with a Tory government for ANOTHER 5 years because it's what people south of Manchester wanted and you're happy to be leaving the EU because it's what people south of Gretna wanted.

What a mindset.

Remember he's also one of the self confessed oldest trolls on P&B.

What a mindset.

Not exactly "happy" but the idea that the Nationalists are entitled to my vote by default is typical arrogance that is seeing Indy booted off into the long/medium length grass.Im hopeful now for the UK with a truly left wing opposition much more aligned with my beliefs than "faux" left Nationalists.

1 minute ago, Loondave1 said:

Not exactly "happy" but the idea that the Nationalists are entitled to my vote by default is typical arrogance that is seeing Indy booted off into the long/medium length grass.Im hopeful now for the UK with a truly left wing opposition much more aligned with my beliefs than "faux" left Nationalists.

The only problem with that is, I'm 51 years old and can barely remember a left wing government, what I do remember of it was pretty shite, army acting as firemen/hospital staff, loads of strikes, mountains of rubbish piled up all along streets etc.

There is nobody in the UK that actually knows what being governed by a left wing government means in modern day UK.

The only problem with that is, I'm 51 years old and can barely remember a left wing government, what I do remember of it was pretty shite, army acting as firemen/hospital staff, loads of strikes, mountains of rubbish piled up all along streets etc.
There is nobody in the UK that actually knows what being governed by a left wing government means in modern day UK.

Fair enough.Lets find out then.The Labour Govt of 74/79 is about as relevant to the modern world as the SNPs dubious fascist history is to the modern party.I also sat in the dark for a few hours during Ted Heaths Tory Gov't and electricity shortages.Never gets the same press as the "winter of discontent" strangely.

Mate. May never even bothered her arse turning up for debates or f**k all and had an absolute holocaust and the Tories still got more seats!!!!!!!!

[emoji23]

I almost changed my mind reading that Daily Ranger article,then i seen that moron Kelly in it.
Just keep shouting at 40%+ of the country to change their mind,I'm sure it will work sometime.

Mate. May never even bothered her arse turning up for debates or f**k all and had an absolute holocaust and the Tories still got more seats!!!!!!!!

[emoji23]

You are trying too hard.Corbyn had a mountain of msm bullshit and negativity to surmount and he did that to the extent of a damaged hung parliament first time.Indy for now is pie in the sky so i will stick with something realistic and let you rejoin the Indy echo chamber that has produced such glorious failure and is likely to compound that.Things have moved on and the political landscape is a wee bit different now.

1 hour ago, Loondave1 said:

A "left" opposition are you having a laugh!!

Labour are only slightly left off the tories.

Christ, corbyn has even dropped his opposition to trident !!!

A lot of knee jerk reactions about an election where there was no winners!!

13 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Latest Survation poll makes brutal reading for Nats.Of course its commissioned by the Record so feel free to ignore the Scottish electorate and enjoy the consequences.

I don't read the record, what does it say?

A "left" opposition are you having a laugh!!
Labour are only slightly left off the tories.
Christ, corbyn has even dropped his opposition to trident !!!
A lot of knee jerk reactions about an election where there was no winners!!

"slightly left of the Tories"..[emoji23][emoji23]
Aye if you say so.I suspect you are in mild denial about last Thursdays events.Lets say Corbyns Labour is "slightly left of the Tories" where would that put the Nats on the spectrum ?

You are trying too hard.Corbyn had a mountain of msm bullshit and negativity to surmount and he did that to the extent of a damaged hung parliament first time.Indy for now is pie in the sky so i will stick with something realistic and let you rejoin the Indy echo chamber that has produced such glorious failure and is likely to compound that.Things have moved on and the political landscape is a wee bit different now.

Aye Corbyn and Labour faced a very similar challenge to another movement... hmmm what was that again. And well here you are saying exactly what Independence voters are saying about political landscape etc yet ours is BS and yours isn't. Funny that.

23 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Latest Survation poll makes brutal reading for Nats.Of course its commissioned by the Record so feel free to ignore the Scottish electorate and enjoy the consequences.

43% support for Indy - no relative change.

47% want Sturgeon to stay on as FM compared to 36% don't.

I do hope you come back with the polling results in the weeks and months ahead too.

9 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

It says Indy is fu....

Makes it all the more strange why Unionist party's are against having indyref2. 

If it really is fu.. then have it, win it and put it to bed for years. But they won't do that and that makes me skeptical of polls commissioned by Labour supporting, anti-independence rags like the Record   

Just now, Loondave1 said:

It says Indy is fu....

It's ok, I went and found it since I anticipated you not giving a useful response.

So, to be clear Independence voting intention is ahead of the SNP vote share considerably, and is on the lower side of the normal range of values we've seen since the referendum. Only about half of the people who didn't vote for Nicola Sturgeon thinks she should resign. And a large majority of people think she should give up her demand for Indyref2. On that last part I'd love to see the actual question asked, because short of it saying: another referendum more than 2 years in the future once the results of the Brexit negotiations are known, then it's not actually asking the right thing.

And all this only a week after the GE, with pretty much carpet bombing media coverage of how dead Indyref2 happens to be, and what a total failure the SNP were last week? not a terrible set of results, really.

With no wider Yes campaign to hang it off of, Indy voting intention will track somewhat roughly with SNP popularity. In March, on the back of her speech outlining her intention to call one at some point before official EU exit, Ipsos-Mori had it at 50/50. Before that, immediately after Brexit it shot up as high as 54% in favour. it is movable under the right conditions.

Lastly, no one was taking your remain vote as a proxy for being in favour of Indy, or even in favour of having a referendum. It is true however, that the situation around Brexit creates a contradictory set of results for the people of Scotland, it would be remiss not to ask the question again, if only to confirm the fact that, yes, this Union, this market takes priority. I struggle to see why people have such issues with exercising democracy.

Indy is dead in the water! Which is pleasing and it might give us some much needed stability. Also pleasing was watching Robertson, Salmond, Taz, Moanathon and Nicholson getting hunted.

But none of that is as pleasing as the anti Unionist seethe on here from the delusional separatists!
IMG_1497522822.370889.jpg