When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am against that fwiw. Not that it will make much difference, I don't think there's any chance of us voting to leave the EU. All the major parties - SNP included - will be campaigning for us to vote to stay in.

Pleased to have you on our side.

:)

Nothing like a bit of ethnic nationalism on a Friday morning.

An iScotland where only proper Scottish people get a say. What a terrifying prospect.

Also. Tell me your definition of a 'Scottish' person. Someone born here? Someone who's spent most of their life here? And what's your source for claiming that a Scottish people only referendum (sounds like something from 30's Germany) would have resulted in a yes vote?

So the UK government are ethnic nationalists ? Glad we've cleared that up.

Perhaps we should throw a few caveats at the next one, similar to what the Tories are proposing with EU Ref.

After all, if we'd restricted the vote last year to Scottish people only, Yes would have cantered it.

Ha ha ha, brilliant!! The Separatists got the question they wanted, they got the date they wanted, they got the 16/17 old vote they wanted, the anniversary of Bannockburn, the chance to showboat at the Commonwealth Games and Ryder Cup etc.etc... and still lost by a resounding margin.

Now you want to go back and restrict the vote to 'Scottish people' only, who's gonna set those rules, you? Proper Bonkers Fidey, but you're a good laugh.

Ha ha ha, brilliant!! The Separatists got the question they wanted, they got the date they wanted, they got the 16/17 old vote they wanted, the anniversary of Bannockburn, the chance to showboat at the Commonwealth Games and Ryder Cup etc.etc... and still lost by a resounding margin.

Now you want to go back and restrict the vote to 'Scottish people' only, who's gonna set those rules, you? Proper Bonkers Fidey, but you're a good laugh.

If you had a modicum of common sense, you'd realise I was highlighting how ridiculous YOUR actual Tories are to impose similar caveats on the upcoming EU referendum.

But then again, if you had a modicum of common sense, you wouldn't support a 2 year old club languishing in the Championship.

I think only allowing YES voters to vote would be the next logical step or men with ponytails getting two votes for sheer patriotism to Scoatland.

I think only allowing YES voters to vote would be the next logical step or men with ponytails getting two votes for sheer patriotism to Scoatland.

We won't need to restrict the vote to win the next referendum. The passing of time will gerrymander the demographics in our favour. We just need to wait.

We won't need to restrict the vote to win the next referendum. The passing of time will gerrymander the demographics in our favour. We just need to wait.

Will it? In what way?

Won't the percentage of old people in 20 years time actually be higher?

Will it? In what way?

Won't the percentage of old people in 20 years time actually be higher?

Depends on why old people voted No, if for example it was a pension based thing, then the anxiety 20 years from time may well be the same as for the current generation (everything else being equal), but if the older demographics were influenced by a different set of environmental factors - growing up in a time when there was a much more optimistic ideal of the British state, the pre-Thatcher generation etc, then possibly not - in which case the 'new' old people will be coming at it with a different experience.

Pretty simplistic way too look at it , their is no guarantee what people voted last year is what they will vote at the next one , people's view and situations change over the years , infact I could not even guarantee you what I would vote for in twenty years time as the situation could be completely different from where we are today both personally and nationally . The nationalists relied on the younger generation as it was easy to sell their idea of what they claim to be a fresh new and exciting change to a younger generation with no real commitments and we are the easiest age group to persuade radical change , with the addition of blaming all things bad At the westminister establishment you already have the left wing leaning student union types fawning at the idea , also these are the demographic who mostly interact with social media . So In reality if their was one in twenty years , the same scenario would probably play out again however their would be no guarantee that all who voted yes last year would also vote yes in twenty years time , and the same applied vice versa

Pretty simplistic way too look at it , their is no guarantee what people voted last year is what they will vote at the next one , people's view and situations change over the years , infact I could not even guarantee you what I would vote for in twenty years time as the situation could be completely different from where we are today both personally and nationally . The nationalists relied on the younger generation as it was easy to sell their idea of what they claim to be a fresh new and exciting change to a younger generation with no real commitments and we are the easiest age group to persuade radical change , with the addition of blaming all things bad At the westminister establishment you already have the left wing leaning student union types fawning at the idea , also these are the demographic who mostly interact with social media . So In reality if their was one in twenty years , the same scenario would probably play out again however their would be no guarantee that all who voted yes last year would also vote yes in twenty years time , and the same applied vice versa

All this is rather ironic given your posts on another thread that claimed that we have never supported independence. Edited by strichener

Eh, being against the Tory policy of ethnic voting in a referendum is eh.... Campaigning with Tories?

Yep, no surprise a thicko like you hasn't grasped this.

You do know what stance the UK government are taking on the EU referendum don't you?

Do you need a hint?

If you had a modicum of common sense, you'd realise I was highlighting how ridiculous YOUR actual Tories are to impose similar caveats on the upcoming EU referendum.

But then again, if you had a modicum of common sense, you wouldn't support a 2 year old club languishing in the Championship.

Keep digging Fidey, the Tory Government, Labour and SNP leadership will all be campaigning to stay in! What the f*ck has it got to do with my Football club, honestly come on mate! Get in the F*ckin Sea !!

• 1 year later...

Surprised to see this news omitted from my cursory glance at this subform:

Gers figures: Scottish economy deficit almost £15bn

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-37167975

This is utterly devastating news for separatists.  I'm sure they will try to spin it and blame it all on big bad Westminster.

The sad reality is no one is buying it.  Scotland still isn't interested in independence, and an another referendum isnt on the horizon.

Why isn't it? Simple.  Nicola knows she would lose badly.

Again.

24 minutes ago, Lex said:

Surprised to see this news omitted from my cursory glance at this subform:

Gers figures: Scottish economy deficit almost £15bn

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-37167975

This is utterly devastating news for separatists.  I'm sure they will try to spin it and blame it all on big bad Westminster.

The sad reality is no one is buying it.  Scotland still isn't interested in independence, and an another referendum isnt on the horizon.

Why isn't it? Simple.  Nicola knows she would lose badly.

Again.

Yep, Westminster still fcuking our economy up.

I'd take that deficit as a starting point for an independent Scotland in a heartbeat, £68m from oil and guesstimates made to look as bad as possible and we'd still only need to improve our economy by 5.5% to match UKOK's deficit.

Oil receipts can't go any lower and there's certainly not a chance that HM Treasury and The ONS have made our figures look better than they actually were.

Edited by ayrmad