When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think its certain to return a Yes vote. But I agree they're unlikely to accede to a vote: we were only granted one last time because the British Government thought it would be a rout and end talk of independence forever.  So there's not much to gain from allowing one this time around. They're certainly not confident.
The only thing that might change its mind is pressure and that might be helped either by the SNP holding the balance of power at the next election, or even polls that show a majority in favour of indy. Then the Tories can't use the argument that most people don't want another referendum. 

Yeh but if SNP hold balance of power in WM we will be told we are leading, not leaving etc... And they won't be able to bring the labour government down ala Tartan Tory pish starts again.
Now is the fucking time!

Just now, jupe1407 said:

Realistically, what can they do to obstruct WM?

By events yesterday it would seem that making one of the SNP mps sit in the commons and shout objection every time they attempt to pass a bill might be an idea.  Maybe just send one more in each day solely to do that.

8 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

I'm not sure we have the power to have much effect.  I think we should hold a referendum anyway with or without a s30.  Making the next hr election a plebiscite on independence is also an option.  

You only need to see what Charles Stewart Parnell achieved. This is doable in my opinion. The SNP  have a presence on the Westminster committees too, that's another area  for disruption.   

Fillibuster everything you can. Disrupt every PMQ's Just be a major pain in the arse. 

Westminster will have hundreds of   of new legislation to pass from Brexit, that's up and above business as usual stuff

18 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Yeh but if SNP hold balance of power in WM we will be told we are leading, not leaving etc... And they won't be able to bring the labour government down ala Tartan Tory pish starts again.
Now is the fucking time!

Not disputing that. Just saying it's hard now. The alternatives – waiting until 2021, hoping there's a balance of power in a Labour administration, getting a pro-indy majority in the Holyrood elections that will be dominated by the constitutional issue, and then winning a referendum – that's a lot of hurdles to jump.

Edited by Mr Heliums

Just now, Colkitto said:

You only need to see what Charles Stewart Parnell achieved. This is doable in my opinion. The SNP  have a presence on the Westminster committees too, that's another area  for disruption.   

Fillibuster everything you can. Disrupt every PMQ's Just be a major pain in the arse. 

Westminster will have hundreds of   of new legislation to pass from Brexit, that's up and above business as usual stuff

Yeah it probably is the best option now.  And reiterate we plan a referendum inn march next year.

On 26/05/2018 at 17:00, AUFC90 said:
On 26/05/2018 at 16:10, BallochSonsFan said:
So you'll have a Scottish passport then?
It isn't a country. It's a constituent member of a country. It only becomes a country if it gains independence and is then internationally recognised as an independent sovereign nation.

It's not an independent sovereign nation but it is a country. Anyone who disputes this loses the right to be taken seriously.

http://www.un.org/en/member-states/

So it's omission from that list is an oversight then?

By events yesterday it would seem that making one of the SNP mps sit in the commons and shout objection every time they attempt to pass a bill might be an idea.  Maybe just send one more in each day solely to do that.

Is that not just for private member bills though? It has no effect on government legislation.