When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No im talking about the here and now, my gripe is that 3 years ago as a member of the party essentially 50% of the local party members were excluded from standing in a democratic process.

I don’t disagree with that tbf I’d support 50/50 shortlists and ones that reflected the number of disabled and BME people in the country but I can see the logic behind what they did if it’s a short term decision.

I don’t disagree with that tbf I’d support 50/50 shortlists and ones that reflected the number of disabled and BME people in the country but I can see the logic behind what they did if it’s a short term decision.

If it is short term then grand, I’ll rejoin when they stop it. I so absolutely agree with you re disabled and BME candidates also, our parliament should reflect the society it serves, but excluding people from the democratic process cheapens it, it also means that those who have negative attitudes to women in politics have no counter to the ‘you’re only there because you’re a girl’ type arguments.

Ach I dunno what the answer is I just feel uncomfortable rejoining until it changes.

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Russia will invade.

You won't be able to visit relatives in England.

Relatives will become foreigners.

Arsehole moronic famous folk, like Eddie Izzard, who really have no idea what they're on about, say 'don't go', despite not seeming to care before and despite the fact we wouldn't be going anywhere anyway.

Flags.

Sevco.

Subsidy junkies.

Passports.

Makes me laugh to think folk in my work genuinely believed that, post Yes, Scotland would be invaded via Russian submarines up the Clyde. Absolutely mental the pure lies the BBC and Yoons peddled to brainwash people, and they fell for it. Hook, line and sinker. 

You forgot poor auld buggers and their pensions being took away and replaced with coal for their electric heaters. 

Also, oil is the be all and end all of the Scottish economy and we won't last without it. Oil industry is also on its arse and will never improve post 2014...

As I've said before, Mundell probably winds me up more than any other politician. I can get on board with your typical evil lizard Tories but that having that gormless wee gimp in charge of the colonial office is just insulting.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't really see what's wrong with that quote though? 

40 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Never thought I'd see the day where I'd join a political party, but this weeks events have me sufficiently cunted off with things that I joined the SNP this morning. 

I joined the day after the referendum. I've not done much apart from pay 12 quid a year and get a few emails, and I don't blindly back them, probably will vote Green on the list depending on a few things in the HR elections in 2021. 

I'll likely stay a member until we become independent unless they go mental. 

16 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

As I've said before, Mundell probably winds me up more than any other politician. I can get on board with your typical evil lizard Tories but that having that gormless wee gimp in charge of the colonial office is just insulting.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't really see what's wrong with that quote though? 

Mon! 

We've got Burt, Racoon ;we've got Jupe, and we want Alan ''looks like he's been stung by a bee (not you, the man himself)'' Stubbs for the hat-trick! 

https://www.snp.org/joinus

Edited by Kejan

2 minutes ago, Kejan said:

Mon! 

We've got Burt, Racoon ;we've got Jupe, and we want Alan ''looks like he's been stung by a bee (not you, the man himself)'' Stubbs for the hat-trick! 

Nah, I'll celebrate when Tryfield turns, an "it's happening" gif will be posted forthwith whens that happens.

6 minutes ago, Kejan said:

Mon! 

:lol:

I joined ages ago but cancelled my direct debit because in a less passionate moment than whenever I joined, I didn't like the idea of being a member of a political party. I'm realistically not going to regularly attend meetings / chap on doors etc and I don't like the idea of being a part of something for the membership card.

I've got full respect for people who do get involved, or even just stay in to contribute financially, but it's just not for me. As it happens I've voted SNP in quite a decent streak of elections (and I'm likely to continue doing so) but I don't like being wedded to a party.

1 hour ago, philyerboots said:

35195775_2153968944838715_2243445015667802112_n.png

You've got a picture of what are very clearly clowns, kinda ruins the visual punchline to the joke by writing "What a bunch of clowns" below it.