When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tonight’s opinion poll results and survey results [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

YOUGOV Westminster

SNP 43 Seats +8

YOUGOV Holyrood

SNP 41pc Constituency Vote +3

Survey results on economy etc if Independent on Twitter....

9 hours ago, renton said:

So bad he couldn't come back under his existing username, now on at least his third.

I don't think coming back as a sub Yanis Varoufakis act was the best move, especially as he clearly didn't believe or understand a word he was saying.

Edited by welshbairn

I'm not sure it can be adapted in time. Once you are locked into Sterling then it's very difficult to get out. If an independent Scotland threatened to implement policies which ago the financial sector doesn't like it would be easy enough for the bond markets and BoE to generate a crisis in favour of the Wilson/RBS faction.
The BOE doesn't create crisis. It does it's best to avoid them.

46 minutes ago, RiG said:

Stunned that Labour are currently heading into the abyss in Scotland.

It is. Not doing too well in England. WTF have the Tories to do to lose support?

Just as well we've got a liferaft here in Scotland.

34778692_1079078925574866_77910082690691

DfMry7UWAAAPWio.jpg

This needs to happen soon. Some folk on here saying it's too early, f**k that. This is the best opportunity we will get, starting at 45% against a distracted, clueless, ununited opposition.. a great campaign will take us over the line. Wait and we will be too enshrined in this brexit separation shite that we will have no chance

Sent from my VFD 710 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I was cautious too but now i say go for it. The arguments for an independent country are just as strong if not stronger than they were 4 years ago. The Tories are a shambles and Labour aren't worth thinking about. Make people realise it's not about the SNP, it's about the future of this country. I have many many reasons for voting yes that don't even involve the economy as does everybody else, we're sitting at 45% and now the union doesnt look so strong and stable anymore. I and just about every yes voter including the likes of Sturgeon and Harvie will happily argue the case with conviction if he have to. Can the other side say the same. I reckon we can win it and we have a mandate.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I was cautious too but now i say go for it. The arguments for an independent country are just as strong if not stronger than they were 4 years ago. The Tories are a shambles and Labour aren't worth thinking about. Make people realise it's not about the SNP, it's about the future of this country. I have many many reasons for voting yes that don't even involve the economy as does everybody else, we're sitting at 45% and now the union doesnt look so strong and stable anymore. I and just about every yes voter including the likes of Sturgeon and Harvie will happily argue the case with conviction if he have to. Can the other side say the same. I reckon we can win it and we have a mandate.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

We will win it hands down, the EU citizens will vote yes, as will some English to keep Duel nationality.

8 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

This needs to happen soon. Some folk on here saying it's too early, f**k that. This is the best opportunity we will get, starting at 45% against a distracted, clueless, ununited opposition.. a great campaign will take us over the line. Wait and we will be too enshrined in this brexit separation shite that we will have no chance

Starting at 45%. Where is this number coming from?

Independence is happening. Interesting stats from the Social Attitudes Survery.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/times-of-change/

The headline stat is that for only the second year in the 18 years the study has been running, independence is the most popular option for the governance of Scotland:

This doesn’t, however, mean that it’s the majority view, because while independence is backed by 45% the “No” option is split into two – support for devolution (41%) and those ultra-Yoons who want Holyrood abolished (8%).

Now, considering that as recently as 2012 those figures were independence on 23%, devolution 61% and no Parliament 13%, that’s still a remarkable shift in Scottish public opinion in a very short space of time – support for indy has DOUBLED in five years while devolution has dropped by a third.

And indeed, when the survey asked a straight Yes/No question the results came out even closer, at 48% Yes to 52% No – a 3% swing to Yes from the 2016 figures