When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Loondave1 said:

Indeed. That's why they aren't i would imagine. "Nawbag" is quite retro, its "yoon" now i think for your info. Even poor Wet Pishfart is greeting about getting abuse and the damage it does to the cause.

I'm sure you're just the exception.

Remember when the last referendum started, the first year or so of the debate was about what the question should be, a straight yes no, or a series of different constitutional options.

SNP expected to go for full Indy, tories anti everything and labour and lib dems were expected to back " devo plus" or "devo max "etc. 

It came as a bit of a shock when they fully backed what was essentially a Tory position.

I think if deco max had been an option it would have won handsomely and is what I would have voted for. A gradual teasing apart of the ties of union would probably be more palatable to a lot of people than a big upheaval.

From that point of view I came to the conclusion that if I believed some extra powers to Scotland would be benificial, then surely 100% of powers would be even better, certainly than no change at all.

Next time it will be an even starker choice, we are starting to see the Tory power grab of Holyrood powers. We are starting to enter the constitutional end game where there will only be 2 choices, full independence, or the closure of the Scottish parliament and Scotland fully demoted to a region of "one nation" GB .  I can't see any other alternatives long term.

. Just another potty mouthed individual who drives voters into the NO camp. His like will kill off Indy hopes single handed.

People are voting because of stuff they read on a football forum?
That's almost as embarrassing as voting in line with the football team you support.

On 4/11/2018 at 08:22, AyrExile said:

So are you saying it was reading the white paper that changed your mind? Must have been some eye openings for you to commit to Yes for the rest of your life 

My reasons had nothing to do with short term policies that may or not happen because I am not a moron. HTH

6 hours ago, Merkie84 said:

Remember when the last referendum started, the first year or so of the debate was about what the question should be, a straight yes no, or a series of different constitutional options.

SNP expected to go for full Indy, tories anti everything and labour and lib dems were expected to back " devo plus" or "devo max "etc. 

It came as a bit of a shock when they fully backed what was essentially a Tory position.

I think if deco max had been an option it would have won handsomely and is what I would have voted for. A gradual teasing apart of the ties of union would probably be more palatable to a lot of people than a big upheaval.

From that point of view I came to the conclusion that if I believed some extra powers to Scotland would be benificial, then surely 100% of powers would be even better, certainly than no change at all.

Next time it will be an even starker choice, we are starting to see the Tory power grab of Holyrood powers. We are starting to enter the constitutional end game where there will only be 2 choices, full independence, or the closure of the Scottish parliament and Scotland fully demoted to a region of "one nation" GB .  I can't see any other alternatives long term.

They won't close it they'll just neuter it

People are voting because of stuff they read on a football forum?
That's almost as embarrassing as voting in line with the football team you support.

I think their potty mouths may be out there in the real world as well. Pete Wishart seems to agree. Never mind though heads in the sand and all that.

1 hour ago, Loondave1 said:

I think their potty mouths may be out there in the real world as well. Pete Wishart seems to agree. Never mind though heads in the sand and all that.

Don't worry m8, they'll be plenty of heads in the sand when the UK Government promotes Russian nuclear missile drops on Scottish soil.

It’s this kind of shite that will prevent Scottish regionhood ever climbing back to 70% support. Keep it up. Exactly as predicted, the UK nat doesn’t feel any need to justify opposing Scotland’s sovereignty; we should just accept that Scotland is unfit, incapable, and just plain shouldn’t have what every nation state in the world does, because that’s how it is now. The problem is the questions of why, and shouldn’t we have what is normal, are out there now, openly debated and discussed. Less people are as blindly accepting of the status quo as was once the case. At some point any institution has to justify its power or risk falling, and it’s heartening that supporters of the antiquated British union remain arrogant enough to think that inertia is enough to keep it going forever. 
As to the “noisy minority’s future claims being subject to greater scrutiny”, you support the continuance of a Brexiting nation state. Your favoured country abhors scrutiny of a minority’s claims about political independence. 

The arrogance belongs to those who are blindly indifferent and completely ignorant of an opposing view.
Nippy knows that, but can’t quell the bitter separatism in her own ranks to win over the sceptics. She won’t lead Scotland to independence but will be comforted by the offer of a regular spot on RTN.

I remember the potty mouth historywoman calling another woman a slut so you may well be right.

54 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

The arrogance belongs to those who are blindly indifferent and completely ignorant of an opposing view.
Nippy knows that, but can’t quell the bitter separatism in her own ranks to win over the sceptics. She won’t lead Scotland to independence but will be comforted by the offer of a regular spot on RTN.

You keep talking about separatism.   YES Scotland wanted a union with the rUK and the rest of the EU, absolutely no break-up.   

What's on the table atm is unionism via a Yes vote and absolute wild separatism via a no vote.    You are championing separatists for Scotland.  You are unquestionably a no voting separarist.    But if the corpse has a butcher apron on it your embrace stupidity, because it's all about.  team: Rangers.  

You keep talking about separatism.   YES Scotland wanted a union with the rUK and the rest of the EU, absolutely no break-up.   

What's on the table atm is unionism via a Yes vote and absolute wild separatism via a no vote.    You are championing separatists for Scotland.  You are unquestionably a no voting separarist.    But if the corpse has a butcher apron on it your embrace stupidity, because it's all about.  team: Rangers.  

Jeez mate, that makes no sense at all, would you like to post again in the morning, once the slight chance of sobriety might have taken hold?

8 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Like you: the bigoted Britnat who will blindly oppose Scotland’s sovereignty for life, and vote for any party which bleats loudly enough against it. That’s quite different to people like me, who were brought up to accept Scotland was a region of the UK, and actively reached a different view.

As for bitter separatism, I thought you had embraced it, given you support a bitter, separatist state simply because your superiors have told you separatism is the UK’s future path. Being a useful (to the Tories), unthinking sheep, you follow.

Like you: the bigoted Britnat who will blindly oppose Scotland’s sovereignty for life, and vote for any party which bleats loudly enough against it. That’s quite different to people like me, who were brought up to accept Scotland was a region of the UK, and actively reached a different view.
As for bitter separatism, I thought you had embraced it, given you support a bitter, separatist state simply because your superiors have told you separatism is the UK’s future path. Being a useful (to the Tories), unthinking sheep, you follow.

You could play that back and apply it equally to your own rigid stance Ant, a view that you have ‘actively reached’ all by yourself, whatever the f*ck that means lol [emoji23]

1 hour ago, RedRob72 said:

You could play that back and apply it equally to your own rigid stance Ant, a view that you have ‘actively reached’ all by yourself, whatever the f*ck that means lol emoji23.png

All you ever do is reply with “no, that’s you” - I probably should have been expecting it. I don’t reach conclusions “all by myself”. But nor do I base them on my religion, football team, or anachronistic, thick knuckle-draggers that I associate with (unlike you, I avoid such people).

Let’s explore this a little, though. I can see circumstances in which I’d oppose Scottish independence: for example, if the UK was a left-leaning state and independence was championed by far-right Faragists. If you’re honest, I have no doubt that you could never envision circumstances in which you’d consider voting to remove Scotland from London rule, though. You’re too unthinking, too wedded to the ideological idea that Scotland is and always must be a happy northern region of an Anglocentric UK state. 

That’s a fair telt that.

But we all know a passive aggressive reply is incoming with several uses of the word pal or mate.

Or wanking sock or something creepy as f**k for a man on a football forum.