When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

43 minutes ago, tirso said:

Ive read this a few times and it's hugely overplayed.  2014 changed things..aye there will be some people wanting to march over the border claymore in hand at a moments notice but the vast majority of independence voters are pretty mainstream.   quite happy to see how brexit plays out and will just vote yes next time the issue comes along.

nearly half the population or, at least 40% outright support independence now, it's not a radical issue anymore folk need to shout about.

This hasn’t stopped the arch-UK nats from still trying to portray the very idea of Scotland being a real, sovereign country as somehow ludicrous, extreme, and fringe. Their problem now is that they’re ridiculting not just their own nation, but a significant swath of its electorate. That’s probably part of the reason why there doesn’t seem to be any return to the old days of unquestioning loyalty to London and the British state.

Personally I’m easy about another referendum. I’d rather it take as long as it takes than rush into it for the sake of it. As long as the UK is disbanded, the “when” isn’t so important.

10 minutes ago, Antlion said:

This hasn’t stopped the arch-UK nats from still trying to portray the very idea of Scotland being a real, sovereign country as somehow ludicrous, extreme, and fringe. 

i know but it doesn't bother me anymore..they're not worth getting annoyed about.  it's a reaction to independence now being mainstream.  independence will be won when it's the norm and people who don't wake up every day thinking about politics just go out and vote yes without a big song and dance about it.

we're not so far off that now.   i think there will be a dip but it'll happen at some point.

Edited by tirso

i know but it doesn't bother me anymore..they're not worth getting annoyed about.  it's a reaction to independence now being mainstream.  independence will be won when it's the norm and people who don't wake up every day thinking about politics just go out and vote yes without a big song and dance about it.
we're not so far off that now.   i think there will be a dip but it'll happen at some point.
Absolutely this. It might take ten years but this is how it'll be done. A bit like the parliament one. A no doubter

Hearing this since the 70s another 40 years and it might even be likely or probably not.

Things have changed massively since the 70s. Things have changed massively since the 90s ffs.

Have you just got your head buried in the sand or?

I think for a lot of people Indy is more like a hobby than a realistic goal. It was at it's closest in 2014 and despite virtually everything in it's favour crashed and burned. Four years on and we are no nearer and maybe further away depending who/what you believe. There will always be the "inevitable" "old people dying off" patter but even that i was hearing in the 80s and 90s. The Tories have been in "terminal decline" for years but keep popping up to win elections. Even if i was Indy minded i wouldn't be buying the "tick tock" guff. One foot wrong declaring an Indy vote in haste and it will be expired like the Python parrot.

Things have changed massively since the 70s. Things have changed massively since the 90s ffs.

Have you just got your head buried in the sand or?

Things haven't changed under his little troll bridge though.

I think for a lot of people Indy is more like a hobby than a realistic goal. It was at it's closest in 2014 and despite virtually everything in it's favour crashed and burned.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

2 hours ago, Loondave1 said:

I think for a lot of people Indy is more like a hobby than a realistic goal. It was at it's closest in 2014 and despite virtually everything in it's favour crashed and burned. Four years on and we are no nearer and maybe further away depending who/what you believe. There will always be the "inevitable" "old people dying off" patter but even that i was hearing in the 80s and 90s. The Tories have been in "terminal decline" for years but keep popping up to win elections. Even if i was Indy minded i wouldn't be buying the "tick tock" guff. One foot wrong declaring an Indy vote in haste and it will be expired like the Python parrot.

In the 80s and 90s, which I well remember, support for Indy was never more than 25%. IIRC the polls had it at 28% when Salmond called Indref. To reach 45% in a two-year campaign is excellent progress. Another campaign proper and not just 'chat' coupled with Brexitshambles should be more than enough to see us over the line.

The idea of independence being an actual reality is relatively fresh, people have lived their whole lives in the system the way it is at the moment.

2014 has made the political outlook here so different, independence is still being talked about daily, every matter manages to find its way back to the subject. The UK as it is just now will continue to be under major scrutiny from people from now until forever, I’d imagine (unless things really change for scotland) each wee blow we take over the years will lead to it happening at some stage. I find it inevitable personally now the question has been asked.

Of course you’ll still have guys like Rob, but they’re a dying breed in a modern day Scotland.
There will be even less of them when the H**s come 4th.

Keep telling yourself that Ant, it’s all good. If the panelbase poll had reported a swing in favour of Independence you and the rest of the cavaliers on here would be swarming all over it, you can’t deny that. When wee Nippy returns from playing the ‘World Stateswoman’ in China, she’ll find the separatists hordes becoming increasingly restless and dissatisfied with the lack of progress within the movement. Tick Tock![emoji6]

JTA, I Notice there’s been no mention on here of Nicola challenging China on human rights issues in the same way that British Government ministers are called upon eh pal?
Just the usual wind and pish!
The poll didn't report a swing either eay though you blithering moron.

In the 80s and 90s, which I well remember, support for Indy was never more than 25%. IIRC the polls had it at 28% when Salmond called Indref. To reach 45% in a two-year campaign is excellent progress. Another campaign proper and not just 'chat' coupled with Brexitshambles should be more than enough to see us over the line.
I'll indulge you troll boy as I've nothing else to do. No one gave a f**k about independence 20 years ago. No one gave a f**k about it 5 years ago (including me) fact is youve got at least 40 percent of a country that will vote yes in 3 years time, 10 years time whatever and you also have a situation where the majority of Scots are yes voters and Scotlands biggest city is a yes city. You can discount this all you want. The writings on the wall and I am in no rush to go out and vote for it but i will when i have to. The difference is if the vote goes the wrong way for you and the likes of RedHandRob then the UK is gubbed FOREEVER and you and RedHandRob will have to use a deformed union jack as your cum rag.

I stopped doing it when the questions got more and more personal and psychological. Wasn't surprised at all when the Facebook/Cambridge Analytica stuff came out, I bet YouGov are doing similar or flogging on the data.

I keep doing it but I'm cautious about what I answer, and keep changing things around deliberately

7 hours ago, AUFC90 said:
8 hours ago, Crùbag said:

I'll indulge you troll boy as I've nothing else to do. No one gave a f**k about independence 20 years ago. No one gave a f**k about it 5 years ago (including me) fact is youve got at least 40 percent of a country that will vote yes in 3 years time, 10 years time whatever and you also have a situation where the majority of Scots are yes voters and Scotlands biggest city is a yes city. You can discount this all you want. The writings on the wall and I am in no rush to go out and vote for it but i will when i have to. The difference is if the vote goes the wrong way for you and the likes of RedHandRob then the UK is gubbed FOREEVER and you and RedHandRob will have to use a deformed union jack as your cum rag.

I can't see how it can go the wrong way for both unless it is a draw.  I think you have misinterpreted the post that you quoted TBH.

Edited by strichener

This may sound sad, but before the Indy ref was announced I didn’t even realise how the system actually worked. I thought we were an independent nation. Didn’t realise we weren’t, we had our own parliament so just assumed we were.

In fairness I was in my teens and not the slightest bit interested in politics (like literally everyone I knew of a similar age) but that’s changed massively now. I’d say that after 2014 engagement in politics amongst younger people has rocketed, fortunately the majority of younger voters seem to be of the same opinion as myself, even though I’ve now reached the grand old age of 25 and wouldn’t class myself as a young voter now.