When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I think basing your decision to hold an independence referendum on whether or not you believe you can secure a pro-indy majority in 2012 is fucking stupid. If Yes lose the next one then that's it for a good decade at least. 

Sigh.......no its not.

The fact we are having these discussions only 3 years after the last one prove that.

If the public mandate is for a referendum ,  then referendum there will be.

The minute westminster actually turn around and say you are no getting one, then the game for them is up.

Unionists won the 2014 battle.......

Everyone knows who will win the war.

I mean it's good that people are confident that fucking it a second time won't dent the enthusiasm for people to vote for it a third time but I'd rather we held it because we knew we were going to win it rather than just because we felt time was running out to hold it.

Without waiting too long, if the Yes movement really want a Yes vote, surely it'd be for the best to put a referendum off for as long as possible.  Now, I know it's a strange world, but looking at pro-Yes and especially SNPers online, a fair chunk of them would have a referendum tomorrow if they could.  Surely that attitude is absolutely suicidal.  If we have another referendum within two years and another No vote is returned, even by the smallest of margins, it'd kill the issue for 15 years at least with Scotland getting the brunt of Brexit Britain, with no way out.

I'd rather wait until Yes has a very good chance than have one relatively soon and essentially hoping to roll a six.

Edited by Highland Capital

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:44, btb said:

IndyRef2 should be put on the backburner until after the Brexit deal is completed.

At that point we'll know what the May government has secured for us :toilet and whether the EU are willing to offer Scotland anything as a GIRFUY to the Tories.

Politics in the Twitter age is going to more fluid than what we've been used to and I'd love to see Davidson, Dugdale & Rennie defend the clusterfuck we're likely to emerge from these negotiations with - I'm not holding my breath though.

My opinion is still pretty much unchanged from June. With an interim period of (at least) two years after March '19 when we'll still be in the EU without having any say as to how policies are shaped the SNP might be able to secure an attractive deal from Brussels as a GIRFUY to Westminster and with the threat of a hard border removed it should be down to the mood of the country. I certainly don't foresee NS deciding to roll the bones again unless it's odds on the country would vote for Independence.

Edited by btb

Sturgeon has to ask the question. If the last 4 or 5 months have taught us nothing else, it's already clear that Brexit is going to be a disaster for us - and particularly for Scotland. If she doesn't hold a referendum by 2020, she's not doingher job. And if, against a backdrop of the likes of May and Davis at the helm, Scotland still votes to stay in the UK, then it will take years for the demographic to change. There wouldn't be the clamour there is for another referendum were it not for Brexit. I can't conceive of another political catastrophe of this magnitude coming along for a while - apart maybe from a united Ireland.  

Sturgeon has to ask the question. If the last 4 or 5 months have taught us nothing else, it's already clear that Brexit is going to be a disaster for us - and particularly for Scotland. If she doesn't hold a referendum by 2020, she's not doingher job. And if, against a backdrop of the likes of May and Davis at the helm, Scotland still votes to stay in the UK, then it will take years for the demographic to change. There wouldn't be the clamour there is for another referendum were it not for Brexit. I can't conceive of another political catastrophe of this magnitude coming along for a while - apart maybe from a united Ireland.  

Why would a united Ireland be a political catastrophe if voted for and mandated by the people of the 32 counties?

If we still vote No and choose to be governed by mendacious c***s like Davis, May, Johnson, Rees-Mogg etc, it will merely confirm our status as a nation of servile, downtrodden losers. There'd be no point in ever even trying again. We'd more than deserve everything we get.

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Why would a united Ireland be a political catastrophe if voted for and mandated by the people of the 32 counties?

I meant in the context of a UK government perspective.  That said,  everything is a political catastrophe these days from a Westminster perspective. 

2 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

If we still vote No and choose to be governed by mendacious c***s like Davis, May, Johnson, Rees-Mogg etc, it will merely confirm our status as a nation of servile, downtrodden losers. There'd be no point in ever even trying again. We'd more than deserve everything we get.

Agreed, we'd be as well switching off the lights and leaving your pal Kirstene to sweep up her midden.

I doubt you/they will stick to the never trying again somehow.

Sigh.......no its not.
The fact we are having these discussions only 3 years after the last one prove that.
If the public mandate is for a referendum ,  then referendum there will be.
The minute westminster actually turn around and say you are no getting one, then the game for them is up.
Unionists won the 2014 battle.......
Everyone knows who will win the war.

281fdf7142db261dc379cafa16e7f761.jpg