When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm no fan of the current government but do you really think they are trying to reverse devolution?

I believe it's on the table yes. They'll probably try a stitch up first with these 'new powers' and if sturgeon doesnt play ball and goes for indy2 I can see them doing it.

Personally I can't see a Westminster government trying to reverse devolution without us voting for it. After all devolution was implemented after we said yes. There would be Carnage on the streets in Scotland. At the very least wouldn't it have to be Holyrood that would vote itself out of existence.

Edited by Highlandmagyar 2nd String

6 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd String said:

Personally I can't see a Westminster government trying to reverse devolution without us voting for it. After all devolution was implemented after we said yes. There would be Carnage on the streets in Scotland.

Is this the same carnage as the one that was supposed to happen when we were taken out of the EU against our will?

If anything's been proven, at least to me, over the past few years It's that, for a helluva lot of Scots, they can be scared into voting whichever way the BBC, the UK parliament and the media wants them to.

Personally I can't see a Westminster government trying to reverse devolution without us voting for it. After all devolution was implemented after we said yes. There would be Carnage on the streets in Scotland. At the very least wouldn't it have to be Holyrood that would vote itself out of existence.

Being able to legislate on devolved matters without reference to Holyrood and or deciding unilaterally to reserve powers is the same as if they paid the vanguard bears to bulldoze it.

Of course they wouldn't need paid and they wouldn't be so unsubtle but, the devolved parliaments are a major headache for the balls out brexit that's on the cards here. In order to do what's being done the devolved nations have to be sidelined and that's a priority for a few and just an unexpected benefit for most of these c***s.

6 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

Is this the same carnage as the one that was supposed to happen when we were taken out of the EU against our will?

If anything's been proven, at least to me, over the past few years It's that, for a helluva lot of Scots, they can be scared into voting whichever way the BBC, the UK parliament and the media wants them to.

I prefer to think that the Scots we're adult enough to accept the result as voting as the UK as a whole. It is just the same for anyone who votes for a party at any election that doesn't become the government.

24 minutes ago, glassnahalf said:

The SNP has painted themselves into  a corner. Anything the UK Gvmt gets is to be seen as a loss to the SNP... it's a power grab! The Devolved Gvts never had this power before, Brussels had it, it is no power grab

Ellipsis.  Inconsistent spacing.  SNP bad.  Brexit good.  Westminster good.

f**k off Mcspreader.

4 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd String said:

I prefer to think that the Scots we're adult enough to accept the result as voting as the UK as a whole. It is just the same for anyone who votes for a party at any election that doesn't become the government.

Do you think these "adults" will ever get round to being "adult" enough to admit or even consider that they might have made a mistake in voting for Brexit?

But, as you have already intimated in a previous post, Scots didn't vote for Brexit. 

They didn't but they did vote for the union. Scotland needs a short to mid stability period. Let's see how brexit pans out. I for one want to see a independent Scotland, and I believe I will. But, let's respect both results wait a few years and evaluate situation.