When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

“Nicola Sturgeon needs to stop muck-raking and speak out to condemn this behaviour.”

An SNP spokesman said: “We absolutely condemn this abuse"

:lol:

7 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Its not often I agree with you, but yeh this person is an arsehole. Don't get me wrong I agree that the foodbank liar should be mocked as she has been for talking shite, but abusing her in public isn't right.

When is it best to mock her after all she made a c**t of Sturgeon through her lying on a very public forum.

Edited by ayrmad

Its not often I agree with you, but yeh this person is an arsehole. Don't get me wrong I agree that the foodbank liar should be mocked as she has been for talking shite, but abusing her in public isn't right.

Aye much better to just do it anonymously online and then create the conditions for idiots like that to behave in such a manner.

Aye much better to just do it anonymously online and then create the conditions for idiots like that to behave in such a manner.

You've pretty much described your account(s) on here in that post.

7 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Your own foaming at the mouth hatred of Sturgeon skews the truth here, She really didnt make 'a c**t of Sturgeon' and really only made an arse of herself. I think people mocking her online is fair enough as long as it isn't abusive (which we can all agree this video was) you go on media and lie then expect to be mocked on media too.

Since when have I hated Sturgeon?

You're living in fantasy land if you don't think that made Sturgeon look stupid on the night, getting the truth eventually never detracts from the untruths anywhere near as much as it should.

12 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Individuals should be encouraged to challenge politicians. It's healthy for democracy but the way a witch hunt has been led against this woman is a disgrace and would give most folk second thoughts about standing up in public incase their future life is then disrupted.

If it gives people a second thought about lying on TV for political point scoring then that's all good.

If her back story was genuine then, when people started digging over the circumstances of her life, the story could've became a damning indictment of the SNP, the Scottish Government and the public sectors pay and condition.

It didn't though.  Because her story didn't add up.

She lied and got caught.

15 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

You're living in fantasy land if you don't think that made Sturgeon look stupid on the night, getting the truth eventually never detracts from the untruths anywhere near as much as it should.

I'm another who thought Sturgeon handled the nurse well at the time certainly better than Davidson responded to the guy with Aspergers. The problem for the SNP was Joanna Cherry going OTT with the false rumour that Austin was married to a Conservative councillor and her subsequent forced retraction, which became the story. It nullified the topic of Food Banks as an issue over which the Tories could be criticized in Scotland.

As to the people abusing Austin - leave it to Karma, stunts like the one in question are self-defeating and just feed into the Record's "hate filled nationalists" agenda.

Edited by btb

17 minutes ago, btb said:

I'm another who thought Sturgeon handled the nurse well at the time certainly better than Davidson responded to the guy with Aspergers. The problem for the SNP was Joanna Cherry going OTT with the false rumour that Austin was married to a Conservative councillor and her subsequent forced retraction, which became the story. It nullified the topic of Food Banks as an issue over which the Tories could be criticized in Scotland.

As to the people abusing Austin - leave it to Karma, stunts like the one in question are self-defeating and just feed into the Record's "hate filled nationalists" agenda.

I wasn't commenting on Sturgeon' response or comparing it to Davidson', whether people like it or not, it had a damaging effect on Sturgeon and the SNP regardless of her response or the authenticity of the claim.

We got gubbed in 2014 while playing the good guy and letting NO act like c***s, I want us to act like c***s when the opportunity presents itself rather than the SNP leading us to another glorious failure.

If it gives people a second thought about lying on TV for political point scoring then that's all good.

If her back story was genuine then, when people started digging over the circumstances of her life, the story could've became a damning indictment of the SNP, the Scottish Government and the public sectors pay and condition.

It didn't though.  Because her story didn't add up.

She lied and got caught.

How do you know if she's used food banks or not? What sort is salary do you need to be on before you would be believed to have used one?

Because she's used a food bank she can never ever be allowed to eat at a resteraunt or go on holiday?

You don't know what her outgoings and or how bad she is at managing her money or what sort of situations she's found herself in as a result of other circumstances.

Your really not in a position to comment either as most food bank users will probably have mismanaged their finances as well.

25 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

How do you know if she's used food banks or not? What sort is salary do you need to be on before you would be believed to have used one?

Because she's used a food bank she can never ever be allowed to eat at a resteraunt or go on holiday?

You don't know what her outgoings and or how bad she is at managing her money or what sort of situations she's found herself in as a result of other circumstances.

Your really not in a position to comment either as most food bank users will probably have mismanaged their finances as well.

She made out she was a nurse using foodbanks. Not that she might have used a foodbank back in the day. If a nurse earning 27k a year has to use foodbanks then it's their own fault. No one elses.

43 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I wasn't commenting on Sturgeon' response or comparing it to Davidson', whether people like it or not, it had a damaging effect on Sturgeon and the SNP regardless of her response or the authenticity of the claim.

We got gubbed in 2014 while playing the good guy and letting NO act like c***s, I want us to act like c***s when the opportunity presents itself rather than the SNP leading us to another glorious failure.

That's where we disagree IMO the damage was not done by the nurse who's story smelled hammy to pretty much everyone at the time (she all but retracted it a couple of days later when she tweeted that she was speaking for NHS employees as a whole) but by Cherry's calamitous intervention.

I think Labour & JC showed at the GE that there is political mileage to be had by staying out of the gutter.

It's been a bad couple of elections for the SNP (Council & General) but in the Twitter age things can turn again very quickly and the underlying reasons why SNP support touched 50% two years ago are still there. Aggressive yeah we've got to seize the initiative back but dirty - no.

26 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

If I'm not in a position to comment, neither are you.

I don't know if she's used foodbanks, but from the available evidence it looks unlikely and, if she has, then it seems to me that it can only be her fault.

Foodbanks, for me, are for people in genuine emergency need.  Minimum wage providers with a family to keep, the unemployed and homeless etc....  She is none of those and there is absolutely nothing in her background, whether that has been uncovered surreptitiously or not, that suggests otherwise.  In fact, only the opposite is apparent.

If she has mis-managed her finances then that is on her, solely.  It's her fault.  I fail to see how berating the FM on TV is warranted because she can't look after herself.

If that is acceptable then I suggest that if we all spend our wages on drink and drugs we can blame Nicola Sturgeon if we can't afford the train fare to work.

You not think significant proportions of homeless people have made choices that have contributed to their own situation?

Did a homeless person go on live TV and blame the FM for their situation?

1 minute ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

You not think significant proportions of homeless people have made choices that have contributed to their own situation?

Of course.  But their means of escaping it, or feeding themselves immediately are significantly worse than someone with a job on (circa) median salary.

14 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

If I'm not in a position to comment, neither are you.

I don't know if she's used foodbanks, but from the available evidence it looks unlikely and, if she has, then it seems to me that it can only be her fault.

Foodbanks, for me, are for people in genuine emergency need.  Minimum wage providers with a family to keep, the unemployed and homeless etc....  She is none of those and there is absolutely nothing in her background, whether that has been uncovered surreptitiously or not, that suggests otherwise.  In fact, only the opposite is apparent.

If she has mis-managed her finances then that is on her, solely.  It's her fault.  I fail to see how berating the FM on TV is warranted because she can't look after herself.

If that is acceptable then I suggest that if we all spend our wages on drink and drugs we can blame Nicola Sturgeon if we can't afford the train fare to work.

One of those I attend the football with was blaming Sturgeon for adding £2 a week onto his outgoings, he meant it and he earns more than twice the average wage.

9 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

So it's not the fact she brought it on herself that the problem then- it's the fact she criticised the leader.

No, it's the fact that she lied and the MSM conveniently ran with it even although halfwits sitting at home had the nouse to say "how the f**k can she not get by on 5 or 6 hundred quid a week".