When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Baxter Parp said:

Yeah.  But surely they'll take note of that at least?

Well let's hope so.

But it goes against the "I'm alright jack" stereotype.  I wouldn't put it past the Tory oap's to realise that they are doing better under the Scottish government than their English counterparts under Westminster, but still vote Tory because union.

They'll still hate the SNP because independence even though they've benefitted under the SNP more than they would under the Tories.

3 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Aye rooth the mooth says they are staying because she needs the old folks votes because its colder in jockoland,but who is paying for them??Basically she is saying they will get cut everywhere else but will attack the scots gov if they get cut here with

It's also a Holyrood policy in a Westminster election.  A non-compliant media would be tearing that to shreds.

3 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

It's also a Holyrood policy in a Westminster election.  A non-compliant media would be tearing that to shreds.

I was going to add that but i thought by now we would all be used to the tories getting an easy ride

3 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Aye rooth the mooth says they are staying because she needs the old folks votes because its colder in jockoland,but who is paying for them??Basically she is saying they will get cut everywhere else but will attack the scots gov if they get cut here with

That's her modus operandi - let her boss do something nasty, then blame the SNP for not blocking it.

Sadly people fall for it.

I can understand the SNP playing the cautious statesmen like approach given the amount of elections and they don't want to rock the boat too much. 

But after the Westminster election the gloves really have to come off over indyref2. 

3 hours ago, Colkitto said:

I can understand the SNP playing the cautious statesmen like approach given the amount of elections and they don't want to rock the boat too much. 

But after the Westminster election the gloves really have to come off over indyref2

I'm not convinced they're capable.

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

I'm not convinced they're capable.

I'm not suggesting they're beginning to look weak over this but the rhetoric coming from the Tories without any significant reply ain't doing us any favours. 

I can also understand the "don't rock the boat" mentality during elections, but after the June election there won't be an election for some time now and the SNP can afford to up the ante.

On 2017-5-19 at 16:16, Shades75 said:

Well let's hope so.

But it goes against the "I'm alright jack" stereotype.  I wouldn't put it past the Tory oap's to realise that they are doing better under the Scottish government than their English counterparts under Westminster, but still vote Tory because union.

They'll still hate the SNP because independence even though they've benefitted under the SNP more than they would under the Tories.

You can't buy off everyone's fundamental beliefs with a few poxy benefit payments.

More people believe in the primacy of the Union and won't be bought off by the SNP's blatant politicking in respect of a handful of giveaways that they will have to claw back after independence anyway.

I despair at your stupidity. 

The SNP have proven they are incapable of running good schools, maintaining decent roads etc  etc and afford to bribe the electorate.

16 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

More people believe in the primacy of the Union

I presume you mean the 55/45 split in the Referendum of 2014 which is fair enough, but would a General Election result show this? We will wait to see the votes won by Independence supporting parties as contrasted to the various Unionist parties in June before further discussions no doubt.

8 hours ago, McSpreader said:

You can't buy off everyone's fundamental beliefs with a few poxy benefit payments.

More people believe in the primacy of the Union and won't be bought off by the SNP's blatant politicking in respect of a handful of giveaways that they will have to claw back after independence anyway.

I despair at your stupidity. 

The SNP have proven they are incapable of running good schools, maintaining decent roads etc  etc and afford to bribe the electorate.

Well that's all very well...

Have you pointed out the homophobic content in Cerberus's post yet?

3 hours ago, Shades75 said:

Well that's all very well...

Have you pointed out the homophobic content in Cerberus's post yet?

He kind of can't now that he's been outed as one himself.

Even though he does hint at liking "bum sex" as he puts it.

:lol:

5 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

But teh indyref2 uncertenteh!

That's because we have the 3rd best economy behind London and the South East. As the news like to use the narrative that we are subsidized, then it must mean we subsidize every region in the UK from Northern Ireland to the West Midlands and the North East. Of course that's not the case, all these regions are there to benefit London. I'm just glad we have a parliament and a little bit of autonomy. The likes of Newcastle have no escape from these complete charlatans.

That's because we have the 3rd best economy behind London and the South East. As the news like to use the narrative that we are subsidized, then it must mean we subsidize every region in the UK from Northern Ireland to the West Midlands and the North East. Of course that's not the case, all these regions are there to benefit London. I'm just glad we have a parliament and a little bit of autonomy. The likes of Newcastle have no escape from these complete charlatans.

I thought we were the worst? That's what the beeb say.. no?

• 3 weeks later...

Can there be one before 2021 now?

Can't imagine she will call one before the next Holyrood elections, and even then she will only call one then if she gets a pro indy majority.

Interesting times ahead.

Can there be one before 2021 now?
Can't imagine she will call one before the next Holyrood elections, and even then she will only call one then if she gets a pro indy majority.
Interesting times ahead.

Lex... I and many nationalists said c. 2023. I've never changed that stance

Wee Jimmy couldn't accept 55/45 will she now see sense and throw in the towel at as the gap widens. Thankfully the vast majority of the Scottish public have seen through her nasty, bitter rhetoric and failing policies. The SNP have behaved like a gang in suits at Westminster and overseen the decline of every public service in Scotland, no wonder we, aka most of the Scottish people have seen through the tartan and shortbread.