When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Nice popping on here every few days to see the debate rolling along. Interesting how some of those who promote an independent Scotland don't care about the jobs of Scottish people.

With the money saved from Trident, we could build a theme park dedicated entirely to Taggart and employ everyone there.

Do you, by any chance, hate the SNP? Should they get on with the day job?

8 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

"Creating the infrastructure of civil service"!! There in lies the problem. We already have a burgeoning public sector, we don't make anything anymore. You can't build a country on Civil Servants.

I really don't understand your problem. The Faslane jobs are public sector. The poster's modest suggestion is that for the money spent, far more jobs could be created elsewhere in the same sector. That surely helps the economy?

Equally, the money saved could be used to stimulate industrial growth.

Nice popping on here every few days to see the debate rolling along. Interesting how some of those who promote an independent Scotland don't care about the jobs of Scottish people.

You mean like the Yoons who gave zero fucks about 3000 s ottish jobs with hmrc being lost so crawley could expand? Or the shipbuilding jobs that were lost? Or the sheer bloody glee that Yoons displayed over oil industry job losses??

I thought May looked nervous and unsure yesterday when questioned briefly by the Scottish media. The line "Now is not the time" is beginning to look weak and ambiguous.

She cannot just stick to that and not offer any other explanation, especially after the vote today in Holyrood.

I personally believe the PM job is too big for her and starting to show as she doesn't have her troubles to seek both here in the UK and dealing with the EU. 

11 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

"Creating the infrastructure of civil service"!! There in lies the problem. We already have a burgeoning public sector, we don't make anything anymore. You can't build a country on Civil Servants.

Whisky brings in £5billion - that's a lot of dosh for SFA. And there's new distilleries popping up all over the place.

As to Trident - I think some were arguing that others' jobs - from miners, shipyards workers to NHS managers - don't or didn't enjoy job security. I read somewhere that we could pay each Faslane workers £1m or more to retire and we'd still save money and be rid of WMDs. I'd rather their skills were used for something more useful.

6 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

I thought May looked nervous and unsure yesterday when questioned briefly by the Scottish media. The line "Now is not the time" is beginning to look weak and ambiguous.

She cannot just stick to that and not offer any other explanation, especially after the vote today in Holyrood.

I personally believe the PM job is too big for her and starting to show as she doesn't have her troubles to seek both here in the UK and dealing with the EU. 

Sturgeon has played her well. No-one wanted Indyref2 now - it's almost as if May believed her own froth. 18 months to 2 years, as per May's timetable yesterday, is what the ScotGov wanted all along.

Good to see Jim Murphy limbering up for another campaign btw...

17 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Whisky brings in £5billion - that's a lot of dosh for SFA. And there's new distilleries popping up all over the place.

As to Trident - I think some were arguing that others' jobs - from miners, shipyards workers to NHS managers - don't or didn't enjoy job security. I read somewhere that we could pay each Faslane workers £1m or more to retire and we'd still save money and be rid of WMDs. I'd rather their skills were used for something more useful.

All very pertinent points, I'm not really interested in the shipbuilding industry in it's present form, I'd far rather an independent Scotland diversified into building vessels that we need to service our offshore industries rather than depend on MOD contracts.

We just need to look at the success of Alan McLeish and QTS to see what can be achieved by innovation and development aimed at satisfying the needs and diversity of a sector.

Edited by ayrmad

30 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

It's too big for anyone to be fair to her (not easy). Completing Brexit could be a 10 year job. In that context, "now is not the time" just doesn't work. But she can't come out and admit Brexit will be a much longer job - she'd get lynched by the people of Sunderland and Stoke. 

However, if she's determined to see Brexit through for the wider UK, she is just going to have to make the time to deal with Scotland (and Northern Ireland in all probability). Nae luck Teresa hen. 

(and Northern Ireland in all probability).

Wouldn't TM be better visiting NI and pretending to give a f**k about their issues rather than coming up here,laying down the law then disappearing sixth again?

1 hour ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Well, that's a load of bollocks.

'US Asset Manager'? Strange name.

Think the UK's 'strength' has been its financial sector and that seems set to leave once Brexit takes effects.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38663537

They can head to Faslane after Indy.