When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like to believe that newspaper sales are very low and basically only the coffin dodgers buy them but I went into a newsagent on Friday and there were a dozen workies from the local roadworks buying rolls for breakfast and all had a tabloid.

Really disheartened by that given the age of them

Put Boyle in charge of Yes2.
Wonder if he was thinking of Philyerboots or Chlamydia Kid when writing this sketch?

This is an outstanding sketch.

He's become more and more political and for me that's making him considerably funnier. I was getting a bit bored with his shock and awe tactic.

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

As an analogy could comparing staying in the Union be any more like the beaten wife example?

As soon as we threaten to leave suddenly it's 'please stay,  I can change I promise'. 

Anyone remember "the vow"?

Reminds me of a guy that went to GA, was an absolute c**t to his girlfriend whenever they were an item, then when they were not together he proceeded to act like a prince in an attempt to get her back.

Anyone who thinks we've did well out of the broad shoulders over the last 50 years or so really needs to take a good hard look at themselves, just look at Aberdeen, the place has generated that much income for UK PLC that it should be able to withstand any downturns quite comfortably, it isn't, it's struggling at the moment.

London didn't appear to suffer too much from the downturn even although it was the practises pursued in London that caused the clusterfuck that we still haven't recovered from.

2 hours ago, Karl Fletcher said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-39406131

Just the Billion barrels of oil discovered.

Curse this Black Devil Burden. 

That one billion we were told didn't exist, that Cameron didn't have an emergency meeting with local oil reps demanding they kept their mouths shut in return for concessions a month before the last referendum? Imagine that.

3 hours ago, Karl Fletcher said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-39406131

Just the Billion barrels of oil discovered.

Curse this Black Devil Burden. 

I wish these b*****ds would stop looking for oil, they're just adding burden upon crippling burden, can Nicola not do something to stop this torture.

Edited by ayrmad

http://www.heraldscotland.com/opinion/13651450.Who_s_barmier__Those_who_believe_in_secret_oil_fields_or_those_who_think_SNP_spends___26m_on_Gaelic_signs_/

Of all the wacky things that happened during last year's big vote my favourite was the internet discovery of a secret oil field west of Shetland.

Westminster, the conspiracy theory went, was covering up untold riches in Scottish territorial waters till after the referendum

http://www.shetnews.co.uk/features/scottish-independence-debate/9011-cameron-conspiracy-rumours-dispelled

RUMOURS that David Cameron became the first prime minister in 34 years to visit Shetland last month because of a massive new oil find to the west of the isles have been branded as "ridiculous".

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/secret-oilfields-of-scotland?utm_term=.isjwy1871#.pmDoq1P21

There are other signs of nationalist derangement. For instance, the wilder type of nationalist seems convinced that a massive new oil field has been discovered off Shetland but the oil companies, in cahoots with the UK government, have chosen to suppress this information until after the referendum. This is a movement that is losing its mind.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2014/08/nearly-there-darling/

If we vote YES I think we should take control of as much oil as possible, f**k the oil companies and their shareholders as they're quite happy to f**k Scotland for profit.

If we vote YES I think we should take control of as much oil as possible, f**k the oil companies and their shareholders as they're quite happy to f**k Scotland for profit.

Yesss. Then we can get rid of Trident and open up the gulags in their place so we can keep all those affected by Trident's removal in gainful employment.

I like to believe that newspaper sales are very low and basically only the coffin dodgers buy them but I went into a newsagent on Friday and there were a dozen workies from the local roadworks buying rolls for breakfast and all had a tabloid.
Really disheartened by that given the age of them

I doubt they're reading the papers for the political insight tbf and The Sun are relatively neutral on the independence issue regardless.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

I doubt they're reading the papers for the political insight tbf and The Sun are relatively neutral on the independence issue regardless.

I doubt they're reading it for politics too but I was hoping less people under 50 would actually buy and read this trash.

Wishful thinking on my part :(

Reading a particular paper doesn't mean that you automatically take everything it in as gospel, though - political or not. My dad reads the Daily Mail every day; he is a left-wing, SNP-voting, pro-Europe, anti-monarchy, pro-immigration, Scottish independence enthusiast. 

I consider myself of the centre-left, but some of the sneering comments I hear and read on this, especially from more middle-class left-wingers ('They just do whatever Murdoch tells them to do', etc.), however well intended, make me cringe. Not saying that anybody on this thread is necessarily guilty of that, mind. 

4 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Reading a particular paper doesn't mean that you automatically take everything it in as gospel, though - political or not. My dad reads the Daily Mail every day; he is a left-wing, SNP-voting, pro-Europe, anti-monarchy, pro-immigration, Scottish independence enthusiast. 

I consider myself of the centre-left, but some of the sneering comments I hear and read on this, especially from more middle-class left-wingers ('They just do whatever Murdoch tells them to do', etc.), however well intended, make me cringe. Not saying that anybody on this thread is necessarily guilty of that, mind. 

The description of your father would apply to me.  I'm struggling however to understand why he would read the Daily Mail.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The description of your father would apply to me.  I'm struggling however to understand why he would read the Daily Mail.

He reads the Daily Mail because he is a bored, permanently seething retiree who doesn't have young children to get worked up at anymore, so has to compensate for this by getting angry at something else - so he chooses to get angry at their coverage of the SNP, Scottish independence and, more generally, Scotland. He also likes to do the crossword. 

He reads the Daily Mail because he is a bored, permanently seething retiree who doesn't have young children to get worked up at anymore, so has to compensate for this by getting angry at something else - so he chooses to get angry at their coverage of the SNP, Scottish independence and, more generally, Scotland. He also likes to do the crossword. 

My mum is heavily pro-independence too and also used to buy the Daily Mail. She says it was for the puzzles but maybe she, like your dad, was looking for something to get annoyed about.

Most of the tabloids (The Sun especially) are chronic political gloryhunters. Their support will go to whatever's most likely to let them say they were right. If the Yes side can win their arguments sufficiently, The Sun and the rest of them will be get on board as well.

Scottish coverage from the likes of The Express is properly throwing rocks at the moon type material but no rational, open-minded person will be won over by that. They're preaching to the converted, won't cost us any real potential votes.