When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, McSpreader said:

Thats because  you twist what is being written to fit your own prejudice and don't analyse what's  actually being said.  You're not alone in doing that.

The only prejudice I've got regarding your good self is that you stink the place out, I haven't read your drivel for a long while therefore I can't fit it to my own prejudice.

“I remember a time when there were six garages in Troon and it was a thriving industry in the town, but all of that has changed.

Think this line is pretty telling.

Not pleasant for those involved but I think other factors may be at play. Going to the papers to blame £7000 per year for sacking four people and closing your dad's business is a bit of a minter.

4 hours ago, philyerboots said:

“We’re proud of what we’ve achieved here in Troon and at our other garages we once operated across Ayrshire. "

Aye, looks like the business was proper expanding before the same kind of business rate hike that the rest of the UK is facing hit them.

6 hours ago, philyerboots said:

Reading between the lines, the site will be sold for flats like the site next door and he's looking for someone to blame for his decision to cash in.

The Scottish Government has done a huge amount to help small business in terms of Rates Relief.  For the last few years any small businesses who have a property with rateable value of £10k or less pay absolutely no business rates, just water and sewerage charges.  From this April that threshold will increase to £15k.  There is also tapered relief for properties with valuations above these figures.

I don't expect the Daily Record to point that out though.

I'm becoming more confident of ultimate victory. The outpouring of negativity from the Unionist side already at the very thought of ref2 (without a date even in the diary) has been desperate, desperate stuff.

How long till the cartoons of a tartan-clad Nicola Sturgeon marching us all over a cliff edge?

Edited by milhouse

21 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

I also like how the Record managed to use an example from a Tory-run Council :lol:

I can, from personal experience, confirm that Troon is OAP-central fur coat and no knickers.  The place is awash with psuedo-Tories.

Scotland could remain in EU after Brexit says report, as May prepares to trigger Article 50

The European Parliament committee-commissioned report pointed out that Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man had separate arrangements with the EU. The territories, which are British dependencies, are not in the EU, but have access to the Customs Union.

However, the research commissioned by the committee suggested this meant there was scope for Scotland and Northern Ireland to remain in the EU ahead of an independence referendum in the two countries.

In his report, 'Detoxifying the UK's Exit from the EU', political scientist Brendan O'Leary said there was "merit" in such an approach, but that it would be resisted by Westminster.

It said: "An exponent of constitutional flexibility argues that given the status of these dependencies, separate arrangements can also be made for other parts of the UK when England and Wales leave the EU.

"Northern Ireland and Scotland could remain within the EU, at least pending the resolution of their UK status via a border poll (Northern Ireland) or an independence referendum (Scotland).

"Their current status as parts of the UK union have been altered by the decision to leave the EU - a decision rejected by both countries - and as such it would be unfair to forcibly remove them from another union, i.e. the European one. This view may hold merit but has no traction with the Westminster government."

Every single person who ever makes any argument about our place in Europe come independence can officially STFU.

XipB2MY.gif