When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, McSpreader said:

I predict that before 15 years of indy has passed we will be electing a Scottish Tory govt and looking back at the halcyon days of British rule.....

I have seen some pretty stupid predictions on here but I am struggling to recall one that matches this.

I would ask you to give some reasoning to this prediction but it would just be convoluted shite so I won't bother.

2 hours ago, McSpreader said:

I predict that before 15 years of indy has passed we will be electing a Scottish Tory govt and looking back at the halcyon days of British rule.....

You're not exactly great at predictions though are you? Given you predicted Sturgeon wouldn't call another referendum for years

Edited by Colkitto

4 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

You're not exactly great at predictions though are you? Given you predicted Sturgeon wouldn't call another referendum for years

"She's a shitebag,SNP are shitebags,Yessers are shitebags".

11 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

A vote will go straight down party lines with the SNP and Greens winning.   Then wee Nicola can say the democratic voice of the Scottish parliament is not being listened to and she will declare "a national huff".     

Labour's deputy leader says SNP have right to hold referendum. Not sure if he'll vote on it though. There may though be some Labstains as per.

Edit: this from the Herald yesterday:

Edited by Crùbag

Professor Murphy on GERS. Good to have an expert on side though I'm aware that expertise is frowned upon amongst some BritNats.

http://www.thenational.scot/politics/15169186.Professor_Richard_Murphy__Why_you_can_t_rely_on_GERS_figures_to_judge_Scotland_s_financial_state/?ref=mr&lp=1

To be blunt, Westminster is saying as loudly and clearly as it can that Scotland quite literally does not count by refusing to measure what happens there. So what can be done about this? I suggest three things. First, all with concern for Scotland need to demand proper data on its economy. That can start now. Secondly, it means that GERS has to be treated properly, with deep suspicion.

The chance that Scotland makes a deficit of the scale it suggests is remote. It is exceptionally unlikely that eight per cent of the population make 17 per cent of the UK deficit.

Some pish getting directed at the Scottish Greens from the onionists,they are trying to divide and conquer,a very old tactic!!
I'm in the Greens and a massive supporter of independence like the vast majority of people in the party,yeah we agree with the SNP on a lot of things,particuarly independence but we're more left of them,there is no doubt about our MSP's voting for a referendum.
This crap about letting our voters down is just that,CRAP, Alba Gu Brath !!!

Aye same. I voted and support the Greens as the conscious and vocal left voice of the independence movement. I'd be furious if they suddenly voted against a referendum.

Professor Murphy on GERS. Good to have an expert on side though I'm aware that expertise is frowned upon amongst some BritNats.
http://www.thenational.scot/politics/15169186.Professor_Richard_Murphy__Why_you_can_t_rely_on_GERS_figures_to_judge_Scotland_s_financial_state/?ref=mr&lp=1

To be blunt, Westminster is saying as loudly and clearly as it can that Scotland quite literally does not count by refusing to measure what happens there. So what can be done about this? I suggest three things. First, all with concern for Scotland need to demand proper data on its economy. That can start now. Secondly, it means that GERS has to be treated properly, with deep suspicion.
The chance that Scotland makes a deficit of the scale it suggests is remote. It is exceptionally unlikely that eight per cent of the population make 17 per cent of the UK deficit.

Whenever the validity of GERS figures are brought up on Twitter Andrew Neil always responds that they are the Scottish governments own figures. Is this not the case?

1 minute ago, Shades75 said:

Is that Annie Wells he is replying to?

It's a great reply in any case.

Yup and it really is. I enjoyed this is particular:

On the subject of manifestos, since you raise it, I wonder if you are as concerned as I am that your own party appears to have forgotten its own commitments to the voters throughout the UK in the last general election. On the very same pages as the reckless commitment to an EU Referendum – essentially to gamble the whole country’s social, economic and environmental wellbeing as well as its standing in the world and its ability to work co-operatively with its neighbours, for no purpose other than dealing with the Conservative Party’s internal divisions on the issue – on those same pages there were no fewer than five commitments to the Single Market. The simple and straightforward pledge “We say: yes to the Single Market” cannot have been open to any misinterpretation.

Indeed this was not only the position of prominent Leave campaigners from your own party, it was also the position of your own Holyrood leader even after the EU Referendum result was known. I welcomed Ruth Davidson’s comments in favour of the Single Market and the right of free movement at that time, as they were in keeping both with her party’s promises and with the overwhelming Remain vote in Scotland. To abandon this position so blithely was nothing short of a disgrace.

10 minutes ago, happysouth said:

Whenever the validity of GERS figures are brought up on Twitter Andrew Neil always responds that they are the Scottish governments own figures. Is this not the case?

They are.

http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Statistics/Browse/Economy/GERS

Have a look at those pages and see how many times the word "estimate" or "estimated" is used.  It's a lot.

The GERS figures are taken as gospel by the unionists and used as a stick to beat the SNP over the head with.

The first white paper on independence was dismissed as fantasy by the unionists and is used as a stick to beat the SNP over the head with.

Can you see the contradiction?

5 hours ago, mizfit said:

Has there ever been a thicker list MSP than that Jamie Greene?

Jamie Greene is almost illegally stupid.

45 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

https://greens.scot/blog/patrick-s-open-reply-to-tory-msp-s-anti-independence-letter

I think we need not worry about the Greens, some excellent telt being handed out here.

Ooft.  Well in Paddy.

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

https://greens.scot/blog/patrick-s-open-reply-to-tory-msp-s-anti-independence-letter

I think we need not worry about the Greens, some excellent telt being handed out here.

:lol:  You're right, the term 'telt' was invented for statements such as this.