When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The FT (paywall, obvs) had an article before the 2014 referendum with a handful of economists rating the alternative currency options (out of 10).
https://www.ft.com/content/e635505a-328f-11e4-a5a2-00144feabdc0

It's worth bearing in mind that Sterling has lost 10% of it's value against the Euro since then.

31 minutes ago, mjw said:

My timeline is mostly Duncan or Duncan retweeted.
I really should block but he's a reminder of why I'd never vote labour at the moment.

He really is the most semantic-tastic, dancing on the head of a pin, fingers in the ears, la la la not listening useful idiot in Scottish Labour.  And there's loads of those.

In fact, let's think, for a moment, about the utter talent vacuum that is Slab.

Kezia.

Baillie.

Sarwar.

Findlay.

McDougall.

Gray.

Hothersall.

And more. Jesus H.

39 minutes ago, Fide said:

He really is the most semantic-tastic, dancing on the head of a pin, fingers in the ears, la la la not listening useful idiot in Scottish Labour.  And there's loads of those.

In fact, let's think, for a moment, about the utter talent vacuum that is Slab.

Kezia.

Baillie.

Sarwar.

Findlay.

McDougall.

Gray.

Hothersall.

And more. Jesus H.

James Kelly is a grief monkey and a c**t of the highest order.   

Post-Indy politics will be interesting. I hope the political centre ground will be way to the left of where the UK is. In Denmark, for example, even the conservative parties there are committed to public services. It's just accepted.

Always thought a post-Indy Labour Party might be worth its salt but god knows where their talent would come from. It'll take them decades to bounce back from Better Together and all the other crap they've done.

20 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Post-Indy politics will be interesting. I hope the political centre ground will be way to the left of where the UK is. In Denmark, for example, even the conservative parties there are committed to public services. It's just accepted.

Always thought a post-Indy Labour Party might be worth its salt but god knows where their talent would come from. It'll take them decades to bounce back from Better Together and all the other crap they've done.

You mean you can't state definitively where and what an independent Scotland's politics will be in fifteen years? Uncertainty! Better just let the English shires give us Tory rule for the next thirty years.

24 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Cheers... with an expected vote at end?

A vote will go straight down party lines with the SNP and Greens winning.   Then wee Nicola can say the democratic voice of the Scottish parliament is not being listened to and she will declare "a national huff".     

A vote will go straight down party lines with the SNP and Greens winning.   Then wee Nicola can say the democratic voice of the Scottish parliament is not being listened to and she will declare "a national huff".     

Indeed a nation huff only takes a simple majority

She'd need more cross party support to declare a state of high dudgeon

Some pish getting directed at the Scottish Greens from the onionists,they are trying to divide and conquer,a very old tactic!!

I'm in the Greens and a massive supporter of independence like the vast majority of people in the party,yeah we agree with the SNP on a lot of things,particuarly independence but we're more left of them,there is no doubt about our MSP's voting for a referendum.

This crap about letting our voters down is just that,CRAP, Alba Gu Brath !!!

50 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

A vote will go straight down party lines with the SNP and Greens winning.  

You could have stopped here - the rest was unnecessary waffle.  The reason they'll win the vote is because they got more votes - not sure if you're aware that is how it works. And if Holyrood operated on the same principles as Westminster the majority would be fucking massive. So just bide your time and then when the vote comes you can view Yes. 

Remember folks.

Tomorrow and Wednesday the Unionists will move amendments not to block an indyref but that say the democratically elected parliament has no right to even seek one.

The Tory amendment doesn't even recognise the right of Scots to elect a govt of their choosing.

Kez on Twitter tonight...

Wow, what a bunch of jokers, think I dislike 'Scottish' (lol) Labour more than the Tories and Montrose FC.

For a minute there I was thinking "what does Dugdale have against Montrose?"

9 hours ago, Antlion said:

You mean you can't state definitively where and what an independent Scotland's politics will be in fifteen years? Uncertainty! Better just let the English shires give us Tory rule for the next thirty years.

I predict that before 15 years of indy has passed we will be electing a Scottish Tory govt and looking back at the halcyon days of British rule.....