When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, renton said:

That might be fun.

The flipside would be in getting people to engage with something that every Tory, UK government source and print and AV media outlet was telling them was a meaningless straw poll.

I had the radio on BBC Scotland earlier towards the tail end of my shift, they had someone (an SNP supporter/official? Not an MP, MEP or MSP I don't think) and Duncan Hothersall on - the SNP guy whose name is escaping me dismissed a Catalonia style consultative referendum but I think he did say that it was only his own stance on the matter.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

I am old enough and wise enough to know that politicians, financial experts and the media will tell the plebs all sorts of nonsense knowing  that ultimately when things go pear shaped they can blame somebody else for the totally unexpected situation that we end up with.  

Wee Nicola saying follow me and I will take you to a better place isn't going to wash with the majority of people in Scotland. The SNP have had plenty of opportunity and the powers to make Scotland a better place and we are going backwards in the several areas which are the responsibility of the Scottish Government.    The SNP supporters will no doubt moan that the poor performance is caused purely by a lack of money and that's the fault of Westminster.  They will tell you that in a successful independent Scotland the money will be available but the reality is that the only way the Scottish Government gets more money is through massively increased taxes.     

If a person is struggling to ride a bike then you don't let them loose on an expensive unicycle.    

Canny Scots will not be persuaded by these charlatans to ditch the stability of being part of the UK to take a chance that an independent Scotland would be the better option.  Nicola is gambling on a loser.

7 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I am old enough and wise enough to know that politicians, financial experts and the media will tell the plebs all sorts of nonsense knowing  that ultimately when things go pear shaped they can blame somebody else for the totally unexpected situation that we end up with.  

^^^Voted Tory and for Brexit.

7 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Wee Nicola saying follow me and I will take you to a better place isn't going to wash with the majority of people in Scotland. The SNP have had plenty of opportunity and the powers to make Scotland a better place and we are going backwards in the several areas which are the responsibility of the Scottish Government.    The SNP supporters will no doubt moan that the poor performance is caused purely by a lack of money and that's the fault of Westminster.  They will tell you that in a successful independent Scotland the money will be available but the reality is that the only way the Scottish Government gets more money is through massively increased taxes.     

If a person is struggling to ride a bike then you don't let them loose on an expensive unicycle.    

Canny Scots will not be persuaded by these charlatans to ditch the stability of being part of the UK to take a chance that an independent Scotland would be the better option.  Nicola is gambling on a loser.

Ah yes, because everything will be fine amd dandy with Brexit and its repercussions. Staying with the UK is just a big a gamble in its current state.

11 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

A. Vote. For. Independence. Is. Not. A. Vote. For. The. SNP.

It's astounding that, to this day, some can't separate the two.

Edited by Shades75

Excellent post.

13 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

A. Vote. For. Independence. Is. Not. A. Vote. For. The. SNP.

It's astounding that, to this day, some can't separate the two.

That might have been the case in 2014 but I don't think it is now.

10 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

That might have been the case in 2014 but I don't think it is now.

In the same way a vote for dependence is a vote for the Tories? That was also true in 2014, of course.

Edited by Antlion

Sturgeon bangs on about how May was not elected. She was. She won her constituency and was elected MP. That she wasn't elected to be Prime Minister is also a falsehood. As the winner of the election to be leader of the Tory Party, she became Prime Minister. Where does this idea come from that Britons elect their Prime Minister? Sturgeon wasn't elected to be FM, she only got that position as the head of the largest party. Voters at the last election voted for their preference not for Sturgeon. This is not the USA who vote for their leader.

Also Scotland's trade with the UK (ie England, Wales etc) is 4 times greater than that to the EU. 

1 minute ago, sfha said:

Sturgeon bangs on about how May was not elected. She was. She won her constituency and was elected MP. That she wasn't elected to be Prime Minister is also a falsehood. As the winner of the election to be leader of the Tory Party, she became Prime Minister. Where does this idea come from that Britons elect their Prime Minister? Sturgeon wasn't elected to be FM, she only got that position as the head of the largest party. Voters at the last election voted for their preference not for Sturgeon. This is not the USA who vote for their leader.

Also Scotland's trade with the UK (ie England, Wales etc) is 4 times greater than that to the EU. 

Where's The Kincardine when you need him?

8 minutes ago, sfha said:

May was elected but sturgeon wasn't? 

9 minutes ago, sfha said:

This again aye?

4 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

I thought you didn't like the Tories, they're the official opposition at the moment.

I don't. They and their voters are utter vermin. However even after a Yes vote, and the break up of the SNP, it would take an enormous surge in their support for them to gain enough of a majority to form the Scottish Government.