When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Paco said:

To be fair, I have absolutely no idea what I'd be doing in Theresa May's position right now.

It just so happens, neither does she. 

Surely she should agree and give the SNP enough rope to 'hang themselves' ? And if Scotland was to vote NO again we can't have any complaints?

To deny us the right to have another one, when we have enough MSP's in Holyrood to call one is crazy and just either downright stupid/arrogant.

7 minutes ago, Oleksandr said:

Every chance, people are reaching so far though trying to spin this as Westminster not allowing Scotland our voice though. We had a referendum 2 and a half years ago, we'll have another one after Brexit. Anyone with a couple of braincells can see that makes sense.

Scotland also elected a government with a manifesto commitment to hold another independence referendum in exactly the circumstances in which we now find ourselves.

It makes far more sense to hold the second referendum prior to leaving the EU, given that it's exactly that circumstance which has legitimised the referendum.

Someone please convince me that this is actually a good thing please.

Find it pretty depressing to be honest, how sad, should've voted yes the first time.

We're now being dragged out of Europe and will have the agreement decided for us. This builds support for independence if played correctly, and I think it'd be difficult to play wrong.

Every chance, people are reaching so far though trying to spin this as Westminster not allowing Scotland our voice though. We had a referendum 2 and a half years ago, we'll have another one after Brexit. Anyone with a couple of braincells can see that makes sense.

Aye but you've got one. So where does that put your opinion?

Labour MSP's will agree with the Tory PM, whom they're supposed to oppose, sometimes, once again and vote against having another referendum in the Scottish parliament next week.
Go Kezia.

The wrong move from Dugdale here will see Labour's vote utterly tank in the local elections.

So Labour's vote is going to utterly tank in the local elections.

Glorious.

6 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Yeh well thats kinda exactly what has happened. Democracy has been run rough shod over.

You try and spin it any way you like. 

Aye right  enough ,   what about this piece of democracy .  Cry democracy only when it suits yer agenda.

" Scotland has voted to stay in the United Kingdom after voters decisively rejected independence.

With the results in from all 32 council areas, the "No" side won with 2,001,926 votes over 1,617,989 for "Yes".

19 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Find it pretty depressing to be honest, how sad, should've voted yes the first time.

It's good thing because denying the right of a democratically elected government to hold a referendum, especially when such a thing was a manifesto pledge of the government that the people elected, is very dangerous ground. The thinking is this can only push more people towards yes.

I still think she may change her tune once it's passed through parliament but lets wait and see. 

Edited by Londonwell

15 minutes ago, Paco said:

To be fair, I have absolutely no idea what I'd be doing in Theresa May's position right now.

It just so happens, neither does she. 

Should have called their bluff and demanded a quicker time table in order that the UK can go into negotiations knowing fully their own position. Give them a few months tops. Would have guaranteed a No vote if you ask me.

14 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Leaves the UK in a weaker position for Brexit negotiations as the EU will now factor in the risk of independence on all their sums.

3 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

The wrong move from Dugdale here will see Labour's vote utterly tank in the local elections.

Glorious.

To be fair the right move by Dugdale will see Labour continue to limp on for a few more years on life support as Scotland's second busted flush party behind the Liberals. Killing off Scottish Labour is probably the kindest thing to do at this stage IMO.

2 minutes ago, philyerboots said:

Aye right  enough ,   what about this piece of democracy .  Cry democracy only when it suits yer agenda.

" Scotland has voted to stay in the United Kingdom after voters decisively rejected independence.

With the results in from all 32 council areas, the "No" side won with 2,001,926 votes over 1,617,989 for "Yes".

Last I checked we are still part of the UK. Have I missed something?

10 minutes ago, philyerboots said:

As far as I'm aware, Scotland remained a part of the UK after that vote, so what's your point?

13 minutes ago, philyerboots said:

:lol::lol:

9 minutes ago, philyerboots said:

That was then. And you won on falsehhoods

In between times Scotland has overwhelmingly elected a party who clearly stated they would hold a referendum should Scotland be subjected to significant constitional change.

You and your kind are preventing a democratic pledge being honoured.

bettertogethereu-1.jpg

Glorious.

Labour is fucked. England have sided with the Tories for the time being after Blair's acrimonious ending and Corbyn now not really opposing the Tories. The SNP have opposed the Tories and hoovered up the popular vote in Scotland. As someone else said, the kindest thing to do would be to kill it.

16 minutes ago, philyerboots said:

vladchin.png

Anyone could see that typical Tory arrogance towards the Jocks will only strengthen the Yes vote but they just can't help themselves. Theresa May fancies herself as the Iron Lady mk 2 but she has all the vindictiveness and none of the political ability.