When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Mastermind said:

All we have had is a very short BBC interview, the article even states that May didn't say whether she was ruling out holding a referendum at some point in the future (i.e. once Brexit has taken place and things are clearer). A lot of Nats getting their knickers in a twist before May has even spoken in Parliament.

I would imagine she will say that a referendum is possible, but only after Brexit is out the way. Which anyone with a modicum of sense would agree with.

Nope.

6 minutes ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

Hold it in the summer/ autumn then declare UDI.

Can't see that happening. I hate to mention the 'S' word, but while I've no doubt they'd respect a legally-binding vote to leave the UK, they wouldn't allow a UDI Scotland to enter the EU.

This will be played out in the political arena and will understandably be portrayed as May v Strugeon, Tories v SNP, etc.  However I think this really needs to be portrayed as it is.  A conservative government who at the last general election got 15% of the votes in Scotland and at the last Holyrood election got 22% of the vote is denying the people of Scotland, not Scottish politicians, their right to a second referendum

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

This will be played out in the political arena and will understandably be portrayed as May v Strugeon, Tories v SNP, etc.  However I think this really needs to be portrayed as it is.  A conservative government who at the last general election got 15% of the votes in Scotland and at the last Holyrood election got 22% of the vote is denying the people of Scotland, not Scottish politicians, their right to a second referendum

Who have just been leveled an historic maximum fine for breaching electoral rules and have more MPs than their majority under criminal investigation. 

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yes. This needs to be played out exactly as it is.

The Scottish people v Theresa's tories.

10 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Theresa May: Scots will be "without the necessary information" on Brexit by Autumn 2018-Spring 2019. 

Are they just hoping to give us all the information the day before we leave the EU? 

2017-03-16-13-32-44-1434812305.jpg

Not just that, by why shouldn't the referendum be based on two uncertain outcomes? 

In 2014, it was a choice between continuing (largely) as we were, or taking a path that genuinely wasn't clear. There was plenty of talk over what it might lead to, but it still couldn't be anything other than promises and hypotheticals.

Why not this time have both decisions like that? It would allow for a vote on the purest possible terms, where neither option retains the status quo. 

Do you think that opinion polls should take priority over election results? Because that is the nub of your argument.

Yup,why bother about having expensive elections when we can just use privately funded opinion polls,save a fortune.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Do you think that opinion polls should take priority over election results?  Because that is the nub of your argument.

All evidence suggests we don't want a referendum just now

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/180642

Trying to call one during Brexit negotiations is amateur hour from Sturgeon.