When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When we have as many of these as the Dutch had 27 fucking years ago then maybe I will celebrate.

Being serious for a moment. That day may never come. As the technology is in the process of being leapfrogged.

27 years ago not even Dutch people could get real time bus & tram information on their phones.

9 hours ago, mjw said:

Democracy isn't a convincing argument?
Everyone who voted SNP or Green at the last election knew exactly where they stood on the Indy question.

But  my guess is they weren't expecting Brexit....

My guess is they thought the independence question was buried for a generation and voted for the  SNP to administer Scotland, rather than Labour; expecting the SNP to hold Westminster to account and get a better deal for Scotland....

On all fronts the Scottish electorate fucked it up and got it so clearly wrong!

My guess is they thought the independence question was buried for a generation and voted for the  SNP to administer Scotland, rather than Labour; expecting the SNP to hold Westminster to account and get a better deal for Scotland....

I think you're lovely[emoji173]

The only way I've been able to read that as making sense is suggesting that if they'd known how real the threat of Brexit was then they'd have voted Labour.

Is that what you're saying?

16 minutes ago, mjw said:

This isn't The Chase though so take your guess somewhere else.

Well, unlike other people on here, I don't know every individual SNP/Green voter so I'm unable to state categorically what they were thinking when they voted SNP/Green. 

I'm just not convinced that , and current polls bear me out on this, indyref was top of the priority list. Even Sturgeon cloaked that policy in intrigue and doubt with the 'material change' aspect of it, so even she, by her own manifesto, was hoping it was away in the long grass.

Of course the other thing is that they are a minority administration, so !!

23 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The only way I've been able to read that as making sense is suggesting that if they'd known how real the threat of Brexit was then they'd have voted Labour.

Is that what you're saying?

Let's put it this way.....with Labour in meltdown and the Tories not exactly a considered alternative for most people and the Lib dems  also in meltdown due to their lying about student fees and getting in to bed with the Tories I would say there was only one choice for a lot of people. So I doubt that indyref 2 was the most important reason for voting SNP . It was because there wasn't a lot else out there.

It's why I think the Tories will surprise a lot of people next time around. Sturgeon knows that and will want indyref 2 before the Tories start to make major inroads in to their new found support.

EVERYBODY knew before the Holyrood election that if Brexit happened there would probably be another referendum and then the SNP got the highest vote in the history of Holyrood elections, plus the greens had their best result to date. The Tories are not going to make inroads into the SNP vote because the vast majority of people that vote SNP wouldn't even consider voting for the tories. Mcspreader showing that he really doesn't have a clue.

10 hours ago, McSpreader said:

And three replies in the  pseudo-left winger is accusing his opponents  of  drinking( ?!?) and racism.....not at all predictable......Never mind !

Btw, You don't need me to fool you , your doing a fine job doing that to yourself.... Never mind!

Your in denial  about your constant virtue signalling and taking stances based on your political agenda rather than real convictions .....Never mind!

Your in denial about trying to shut down debate by denigrating your opponents character ....Never mind ! 

It's what we're used to.

The buckled lefties of the world are absolutely as bad when it comes to shutting down arguments and bottling out of a discussion at any moment.

Racist/fascist/literally Hitler v virtue signalling/out of touch liberal elites zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

That's not what's going on here though. I referenced your "Polish people gtf" comment as an example of something in a discussion about social attitudes and you laughably rushed to make weak as f**k excuses for it. I didn't get a few replies in talking about something and whip out some stock meaningless cliche like you seem incapable of not doing.

"Opponents" :lol:

2 hours ago, McSpreader said:

Well, unlike other people on here, I don't know every individual SNP/Green voter so I'm unable to state categorically what they were thinking when they voted SNP/Green. 

I'm just not convinced that , and current polls bear me out on this, indyref was top of the priority list. Even Sturgeon cloaked that policy in intrigue and doubt with the 'material change' aspect of it, so even she, by her own manifesto, was hoping it was away in the long grass.

Of course the other thing is that they are a minority administration, so !!

The reason the "material change" was in the manifesto was because she didn't believe we could win indyref2 in this parly term, but there was a very good chance we could win with an EU leave vote. That's why the SNP didn't commit to a definite indyref2 and put the material change clause in.

She wasn't hoping it was away in the long grass, she was hoping for the right circumstances in which to hold a referendum she could win. Brexit has given her that window of opportunity, and that's why we will have one next year! 

2 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

The buckled lefties of the world are absolutely as bad when it comes to shutting down arguments and bottling out of a discussion at any moment.

Racist/fascist/literally Hitler v virtue signalling/out of touch liberal elites zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

That's not what's going on here though. I referenced your "Polish people gtf" comment as an example of something in a discussion about social attitudes and you laughably rushed to make weak as f**k excuses for it. I didn't get a few replies in talking about something and whip out some stock meaningless cliche like you seem incapable of not doing.

"Opponents" :lol:

I agree that's funny.. You're not that important.

I haven't made an excuse for my comment , simply tried to educate you with regard to its context as  I thought you had enough about you to consider context. Obviously not, but at least  I gave you a chance. 

Anyway, you're obviously enjoying your moment upon the moral high ground , I'm pleased for you. It's like you really, really need to put yourself there, desperate even . You look good up there. It suits you !:rolleyes:

Independence is an absolute no brainier for me this time. 

I started off as a definite no voter before the 2014 referendum. I can't stand Alex Salmond and didn't think much of the rest of the SNP either, but after hearing a few folk I respected present their arguments, I did a lot of research myself and finally came to the conclusion that independence would be the best way forward for Scotland. Im not a nationalist, but I see Scotland and England (not nesecarrily NI or Wales) going in different directions.

Anyway, this time, I can't see why anyone would think we are better off staying in the UK. 

62% voted to remain in the EU. All Scottish parties and party leaders campaigned to stay in. All local authority areas voted to stay in. 58/59 of Scottish MPs voted against triggering Article 50, and yet we are leaving the EU. The collectiveScottish voice was totally dismissed. 

To me, this perfectly highlights that no matter what Scotland votes for, it will never be considered, unless it happens to co-incide with what middle England wants - and that's not going to happen too often, I suspect. And, more importantly than Scotland, the state NI is in at the moment. They could be on the cusp of a return to terrorism as a daily occurrence, and yet even that isn't enough to stop Westminster in their tracks and think again for the benefit of the people from a country who are supposed to be "partners". 

It absolutely sickens me. Personally, I'm ambivalent about leaving/remaining in the EU. There are positives and negatives to being a member. 

Im not ambivalent about being telt to sit down and shut up though. 

The reason the "material change" was in the manifesto was because she didn't believe we could win indyref2 in this parly term, but there was a very good chance we could win with an EU leave vote. That's why the SNP didn't commit to a definite indyref2 and put the material change clause in.
She wasn't hoping it was away in the long grass, she was hoping for the right circumstances in which to hold a referendum she could win. Brexit has given her that window of opportunity, and that's why we will have one next year! 

Only a dumbass like shitspreader could interpret it otherwise.

It was an open secret that it meant the EU referendum.

1 hour ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Moral high ground. Can't believe I forgot that one.

The older cousin of virtue signalling really but deserves its own recognition all the same.

Ha ha....you fell in to that one !  You really  think you are beyond any criticism from us mere mortals ...... It must be lovely in Smugsville!

Edited by McSpreader