When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, HTG said:

The Polish community in Scotland will have a big say in the outcome of the referendum. Having had the "Vote No to stay in the EU" slogan handed to them as an utter fallacy, expect a complete u-turn in voting intentions from them this time round - along with the rest of our European citizens. Indy2 will be shootie-in for Yes as long as it's handled properly. And I've not seen a hint of Nicola Sturgeon dropping a ball all the way through the 2015 and 2016 elections nor the EU referendum. 

The others have blown like sheets in a gale - particularly Ruth. 

That's if they vote yes.....and if the other 100% yessers vote!

I think Sturgeon has been too wingey and too cautious whereas May has shown true strong, powerful, definitive  leadership.....

Sturgeon should have worked WITH the UK Govt instead of working to undermine it......that will come back to haunt her!

3 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

I think Sturgeon has been too wingey and too cautious whereas May has shown true strong, powerful, definitive  leadership.....

Sturgeon should have worked WITH the UK Govt instead of working to undermine it......that will come back to haunt her!

Don't talk pish. May is a fucking calamity. Sturgeon has made umpteen offers to May but none are palatable because Scotland is fundamentally different in its political view as a nation and has been for generations now - at least from right wing govt. The one thing we can absolutely guarantee from not jumping in with May on Brexit us that it will definitely not haunt her. Corbyn on the other hand gave her a cheque to fuck it up as much as she liked. It would have been a suicide note if he wasn't already a dead man walking. 

13 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

Keep typing. U r doing a grand job.

3 minutes ago, HTG said:

Don't talk pish. May is a fucking calamity. Sturgeon has made umpteen offers to May but none are palatable because Scotland is fundamentally different in its political view as a nation and has been for generations now - at least from right wing govt. The one thing we can absolutely guarantee from not jumping in with May on Brexit us that it will definitely not haunt her. Corbyn on the other hand gave her a cheque to fuck it up as much as she liked. It would have been a suicide note if he wasn't already a dead man walking. 

That's the 'narrative' you'd love Scotland to buy in to .....and yer doing a fair job of selling it but the Scotland I know is small c conservative and was even when Labour was he majority party. Even the SNP aren't as radical as they would kid you on to believe..... Corbyn hates the EU he just couldn't sell out his beliefs like Sturgeon could so easily.....Any Nationalist who wants to stay in the EU post indy is a sell out !

1 minute ago, McSpreader said:

That's the 'narrative' you'd love Scotland to buy in to .....and yer doing a fair job of selling it but the Scotland I know is small c conservative and was even when Labour was he majority party. 

"The Scotland I Knew" likely deserves its own thread.  Jimmy Reid and UCS work-ins?  Glasgow returning a majority of Unionist MPs?  Changed days, bud.

The Scotland I Knew, though was outward-looking and saw the world as its lobster.  Changed days wrt the xenophobic Nats.

3 hours ago, terracingtam said:

I am Scottish and proud of it and voted no in the referendum on independence. I will remain Scottish and still vote no in any other referendum. The reason is simple. The "relatively normal people" in the SNP Scottish Parliament do not speak or think like "normal people" Normal people have different opinions and disagree with various matters of government.  No-one in the SNP is allowed to stray from the party line whether or not they agree or wish to state an opinion. I cannot accept that. I would not wish to suggest other political parties from the past who have not allowed criticism or alternative ideas from within but the SNP come dangerously close. I want politicians who speak their minds not nodding dogs.    

Another idiot that thinks the SNP will rule an independent Scotland forever. Another idiot that can't see that Scottish independence is bigger than ANY party......another idiot.

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

"The Scotland I Knew" likely deserves its own thread.  Jimmy Reid and UCS work-ins?  Glasgow returning a majority of Unionist MPs?  Changed days, bud.

The Scotland I Knew, though was outward-looking and saw the world as its lobster.  Changed days wrt the xenophobic Nats.

Most of Scotland is still outward looking and inclusive but its true the ScotNats  muddy the water with their exclusive,prejudiced agenda.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Ah know pal. These f@kin britnats are tiresome. Small minded kn@bjockeys. Never mind. We will soon be part of the EU and big wide world again. 

The future is bright. Its ours for the taking.

Jimmy Reid knew that:)

13 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

That's the 'narrative' you'd love Scotland to buy in to .....and yer doing a fair job of selling it but the Scotland I know is small c conservative and was even when Labour was he majority party. Even the SNP aren't as radical as they would kid you on to believe..... Corbyn hates the EU he just couldn't sell out his beliefs like Sturgeon could so easily.....Any Nationalist who wants to stay in the EU post indy is a sell out !

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

What a pair of minters :lol::lol:..... tragic.

I'm not sure I share other yessers confidence if I'm honest. Now that people have started to calm down a bit following the EU referendum, I'm not sure there's been that big a swing from no to yes. I'd argue that just as many yes voters will have changed their mind if they voted to leave the EU.

I know we can't rely on polls following the results of the last few elections/referendums we've had a stake in, but I really hope the SNP/Greens know what they're doing with the timing of the next one. If we lose the next one, the chance will have past for a good number of years.

Still, if we're starting on 45% yes this time - I know some polls suggest a surge in support for independence, but we know at least 45% are open to the idea after 2014 - then it's a better base to kick off a campaign from than previously.

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

I'm not sure I share other yessers confidence if I'm honest. Now that people have started to calm down a bit following the EU referendum, I'm not sure there's been that big a swing from no to yes. I'd argue that just as many yes voters will have changed their mind if they voted to leave the EU.

I know we can't rely on polls following the results of the last few elections/referendums we've had a stake in, but I really hope the SNP/Greens know what they're doing with the timing of the next one. If we lose the next one, the chance will have past for a good number of years.

Still, if we're starting on 45% yes this time - I know some polls suggest a surge in support for independence, but we know at least 45% are open to the idea after 2014 - then it's a better base to kick off a campaign from than previously.

I just hope they don't run on a "vote yes to stay in the EU ticket ", that would be a huge mistake. Rather a " look what happened when the entire country voted one way but England called the shots". That narrative with a promise to hold an EU referendum will secure a YES vote imo.