When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

37 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

"BNP light", "I can't believe it's not facism" and "Mostly Mosley" somehow got overlooked

Great band. Saw them at the Apollo in 1975. Jean Jet and The Blackshirts were the support. Awesome gig.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

The pretence that UK nationalism is the opponent of "small minded, myopic, separatism" died in June (not that anyone really believed it). You are in effect desperate to keep Scotland wedded to (and a minor, ignorable part of) a small minded, myopic, separatist state - and all because your ideological beliefs prevent you from being able to tolerate the idea of your own country (or "region", as you prefer it to be categorised in international matters) being an open, outward-looking, modern nation state. 

Unionism, my friend! The open, warm and welcoming country

(a strong collaborative of distinct nations) that we've always been. And yes both modern and inventive.

the indy campaign and vote got people engaged into politics in good numbers which was great to see,the downside has been the division it has created in Scotland.

That division will only intensify in the next few years as the battle lines are drawn up for indy2.

And you're voting yes kev based on previous posts

14 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Unionism, my friend! The open, warm and welcoming country

(a strong collaborative of distinct nations) that we've always been. And yes both modern and inventive.

The UK is showing itself to be anything but "open, warm and friendly". Your problem is that "unionism" refers only to governance from London. The UK patently does not want union with any other countries. Ergo you are not a "unionist" - you are a UK nationalist happy for Scotland to be removed from unions that the rest of the UK tells us it's leaving.

As for the "country" that you feel yourself duty-bound to promote and defend, if it is a "strong collaboration of distinct nations", then why does it vote as one entity in which the distinct will expressed by two of those nations can be ignored? Also, if this type of "collaboration" is so good, why would the UK government never accept allowing Westminster to cede its sovereignty in the way Scotland is expected to?

Edited by Antlion

4 minutes ago, Antlion said:

The UK is showing itself to be anything but "open, warm and friendly". Your problem is that "unionism" refers only to governance from London. The UK patently does not want union with any other countries. Ergo you are not a "unionist" - you are a UK nationalist eager for Scotland to be removed from unions that the rest of the UK tells it it's leaving.

As for the "country" that you feel yourself duty-bound to promote and defend, if it is a "strong collaboration of distinct nations", then why does it vote as one entity in which the distinct will expressed by those nations can be ignored? Also, if this type of "collaboration" is so good, why would the UK government never accept allowing Westminster to cede its sovereignty in the way Scotland is expected to?

Cos we are the people, or something.

Open, warm and welcoming countries don't openly talk about kicking out foreigners m8

Yet still 100's of 000's of people still wish to come and settle in the UK to build a better life for themselves and their family's future! Why is that?

Whataboutery from what I said. A country which openly talks about kicking out foreigners who have the right to live and work here cannot be called open, warm and welcoming. The UK is the very opposite of it. The UK is hostile and xenophobic, and has been for a long time, which was only heightened by the EU referendum.

Can you genuinely say that this isn't right?

Whataboutery from what I said. A country which openly talks about kicking out foreigners who have the right to live and work here cannot be called open, warm and welcoming. The UK is the very opposite of it. The UK is hostile and xenophobic, and has been for a long time, which was only heightened by the EU referendum.
Can you genuinely say that this isn't right?

I genuinely don't believe it is. The Brexit vote was a real shock, but based on downright lies and misguidance to sway those that are fed up with how this country (UK) is governed. I've said before on here, that your ordinary Jim on the street, is honest, hard working, a good neighbour and just quietly wants to get on with life, his job, his friends and his family. That hasn't changed for me! Leaving the EU or the UK isn't the answer, I'd rather try and change things from within.

1 minute ago, RedRob72 said:

I genuinely don't believe it is. The Brexit vote was a real shock, but based on downright lies and misguidance to sway those that are fed up with how this country (UK) is governed. I've said before on here, that your ordinary Jim on the street, is honest, hard working, a good neighbour and just quietly wants to get on with life, his job, his friends and his family. That hasn't changed for me! Leaving the EU or the UK isn't the answer, I'd rather try and change things from within.

So is the honest, hardworking, ordinary Jim on the street in the Republic of Ireland, and the ordinary Jacques on the streets of Nice. So why would it not acceptable for the UK to be governed by a single government chosen by them (with Westminster having Holyrood's level of power), or even to be in a looser supranational union with them? It doesn't matter whether you or I or every voter in Scotland wanted to remain in the EU and change it from within (presumably, as a "unionist", you'd want closer union); in this "collaboration of nations", that wouldn't matter a jot. Scotland, as a nation, is outnumbered and outvoted.

You apparently think that's fine - which invites the question, is there anything that the UK could possibly impose on Scotland by weight of numbers that you wouldn't happily bend over and take?

1 hour ago, RedRob72 said:

Yet still 100's of 000's of people still wish to come and settle in the UK to build a better life for themselves and their family's future! Why is that?

Cause we decimated their economies and pillaged their natural resources under the British Empire and they're trying to escape the after effects of it?

RedRob's a proper screamer. "A warm and welcoming family of nations"  Hate crimes on the rise, a Polish man literally beaten near to death in a constituency represented by someone channelling Enoch Powell and a pro-migrant MP murdered by a fascist. "Why do people still want to come here though? We must be a great nation." Aye maybe if you ignore literally all modern history and geopolitics you could make that judgment.

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

All the English telling us how we can't survive independence again like an arsehole bully of a big brother

I've not missed this

No sense of irony at the fact that they expressed indignant outrage at "the Frogs and the Krauts" telling them the same about the UK leaving the EU. "We don't need no stinkin' Europeens telling us Great Britain can't be great again innit! They're just tryin' to scare us, yeah?"

Edited by Antlion

Imagine mocking and putting down alba. Imagine wanting it to fail, finding it funny that it wants to stand on its own two feet. Imagine laughing at its misfortune and wanting a union even if poorer. Imagine wanting another country to make all the decisions. Imagine doff'ing the cap to another country when your own country doesn't want to leave the EU... Ladies and Gentlemen I give you the Yoons! What a subservient bunch of c***s

13 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

No rancour on our side, plenty on the unionist side. There's only one side creating division.

5 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Imagine mocking and putting down alba. Imagine wanting it to fail, finding it funny that it wants to stand on its own two feet. Imagine laughing at its misfortune and wanting a union even if poorer. Imagine wanting another country to make all the decisions. Imagine doff'ing the cap to another country when your own country doesn't want to leave the EU... Ladies and Gentlemen I give you the Yoons! What a subservient bunch of c***s

Just leave these here..