When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not a professional Yes campaigner and so I'll be doing no such thing. It is utterly tedious to find attention-seekers like yourself already posturing about why supporters of independence must address your moronic concerns. Nobody cares - least of all given that this is chiefly a Scottish football forum and not in fact the Yes Scotland campaign site. Take your concern trolling elsewhere then. 

It's a good job you're not a professional yes campaigner to be honest.

I am not an attention seeker nor am I claiming to be an expert on the matter of independence.

But if someone raising concerns about the notion of independence you dismiss as 'moronic' then that is absolutely counter productive to the yes campaign.

Chances are I will vote yes in any future referendum but there is a middle ground that needs to be convinced by an economic argument. Their concerns cannot simply be dismissed as 'moronic' based on your opinions.

Sake.

How about looking at some detailed economical and political analysis of the U.K? And then go on to have a think about how little influence you have on that by being Scottish. 

This is not difficult stuff.

I'm not trying to proclaim to be an expert I simply commented my initial thoughts on any future referendum.

Not sure why it's caused such a stir

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

But if someone raising concerns about the notion of independence you dismiss as 'moronic' then that is absolutely counter productive to the yes campaign.

I'm not affiliated to the Yes campaign so that claim is wrong. Your thoughts were proven to be moronic so I'd suggest that you deal with it. 

That's all there is to say really about your attention-seeking, "why u no convince me" cameo. 

Edited by vikingTON

I'm not affiliated to the Yes campaign so that claim is wrong. Your thoughts were proven to be moronic so I'd suggest that you deal with it. 

That's all there is to say really about your attention-seeking, "why u no convince me" cameo. 

Sorry what exactly was moronic?

I accept the point that the SNP have won elections so it might not be right to claim they are solely an emotional vote.

However, there is definitely a Scottish demographic that vote SNP on emotion as the party of independence

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I'm not trying to proclaim to be an expert I simply commented my initial thoughts on any future referendum.

Not sure why it's caused such a stir

Unless you're a Tory or simply see yourself as British there should only be one answer here. All change brings concern, but things won't stay the same in this Union either. 

Its purely, do you want self determination for Scotland, or do you not want it. Everything else really is just a side show. The last one well and truly proved that. Look at all those failed promises. 

39 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

So you 'dismiss' legitimate concerns.

Hence proving my point.

However I'm happy to be proved wrong by your detailed political and economic analysis of why independence is the right idea.

Remember I'm a yes voter by heart so I'm open to be convinced so it should be easy enough for you.

To some extent you're asking for answers to impossible questions. Firstly, the last referendum was built around statistics and damned lies with the 2 converging at times. 

There will be another refusal to engage on use of currency pending EU acceptance.

There will be a continuation of the too wee, too poor shite which will point at Scotland's deficit without any attempt to profile how it could be different in a vibrant economy where access to the single market might see significant levels of large business relocation and a booming financial sector. None of these aspirations can be proven before the breaking of the chains though so the No side will tell us it can't happen. 

We know the Treasury was not even handed by any stretch last time round and nor will it be on this occasion.

So we will all need to decide who we trust and who we don't. I wouldn't trust Theresa May as far as I could throw her. I wouldn't trust Labour to ever form a govt in my lifetime. 

Beyond the economics of Indy2, there is a further issue to deal with. Are the people of Scotland as racist as large tranches of the population in the south of the UK?  Do I want to be part of the scandalous disregard for fellow human beings as evidenced in our media and political discourse? Do I f**k. 

It's time we were out and set about building the country and economy we aspire to and stop fucking about in case we've a bit of a deficit to inherit as part of the divorce. 

To some extent you're asking for answers to impossible questions. Firstly, the last referendum was built around statistics and damned lies with the 2 converging at times. 

There will be another refusal to engage on use of currency pending EU acceptance.

There will be a continuation of the too wee, too poor shite which will point at Scotland's deficit without any attempt to profile how it could be different in a vibrant economy where access to the single market might see significant levels of large business relocation and a booming financial sector. None of these aspirations can be proven before the breaking of the chains though so the No side will tell us it can't happen. 

We know the Treasury was not even handed by any stretch last time round and nor will it be on this occasion.

So we will all need to decide who we trust and who we don't. I wouldn't trust Theresa May as far as I could throw her. I wouldn't trust Labour to ever form a govt in my lifetime. 

Beyond the economics of Indy2, there is a further issue to deal with. Are the people of Scotland as racist as large tranches of the population in the south of the UK?  Do I want to be part of the scandalous disregard for fellow human beings as evidenced in our media and political discourse? Do I f**k. 

It's time we were out and set about building the country and economy we aspire to and stop fucking about in case we've a bit of a deficit to inherit as part of the divorce. 

Thank you for a genuine answer. I agree 100%

16 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

However, there is definitely a Scottish demographic that vote SNP on emotion as the party of independence

And there's no 'emotion' attached to the preservation of the union which might influence the way people vote?

3 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

And there's no 'emotion' attached to the preservation of the union which might influence the way people vote?

You're not perchance referring to the sashes some fathers once wore are you? 

13 minutes ago, HTG said:

A booming financial sector. Are you joking? The SNP went out their way to alienate the financial sector last time and slated big business at every opportunity.  We already have a huge financial sector in Scotland partly because of London and in the event of independence a lot of that will head south of the border. 

3 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

A booming financial sector. Are you joking? The SNP went out their way to alienate the financial sector last time and slated big business at every opportunity.  We already have a huge financial sector in Scotland partly because of London and in the event of independence a lot of that will head south of the border. 

They are all leaving the uk due to brexit anyway,im sure they will just abandon there new buildings in edinburgh etc

You really can't be serious?
Why oh why, would any financial institution head south of the border after the Brexit vote?
More likely to relocate any services / offices to Frankfurt or Paris, unless Indy.
Things have changed, the UK decided to leave the EU, Scotland has had to suffer the consequences of that decision, which are horrific and Article 50 hasn't been invoked yet!

2 minutes ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

Why oh why, would any financial institution head south of the border after the Brexit vote?
More likely to relocate any services / offices to Frankfurt or Paris, unless Indy.
Things have changed, the UK decided to leave the EU, Scotland has had to suffer the consequences of that decision, which are horrific and Article 50 hasn't been invoked yet!

Im sure they will move to a financial passportless london or ..............

5 minutes ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

Because London will still be the financial capital of Europe once this is all sorted. Countries like America who have a big say in things prefer Uk as it's an easy and welcoming place to deal with. Finance is global and London is far too well established to implode although bits and pieces may move elsewhere. Most institutions up here have their main offices down south so the bulk can be shifted and leave a branch office up here. I suppose in the event of independence and we become like Portugal they can send their operations here instead of India. 

12 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Because London will still be the financial capital of Europe once this is all sorted. Countries like America who have a big say in things prefer Uk as it's an easy and welcoming place to deal with. Finance is global and London is far too well established to implode although bits and pieces may move elsewhere. Most institutions up here have their main offices down south so the bulk can be shifted and leave a branch office up here. I suppose in the event of independence and we become like Portugal they can send their operations here instead of India. 

For Americans and others London is attractive as a European base because it's in the EU but has a population that speaks English native and an existing pool of talent and support.

Indyref2 happening presupposes a hard Brexit which would leave an EU Edinburgh well placed to fight over the carcass with Frankfurt and Paris and given the differences in scale it wouldn't take too many scraps to make a big difference here.

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)