Is this Hibs year? (2016 thread)

I'm beginning to think in this season of Hibs being absolutely shite and Hibsing it left right and centre, wouldn't it be ironic if they finally broke the 430543205 year old Scottish cup drought? 

Surely not. Or will they? or will they?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

United are the worst premier team hibs have played this season, utter pish

Posting it in multiple threads isn't going to help you.  You're oot.  After extra tie and penalties.  After going two up as well.

• 4 weeks later...

This will be (I think) their eleventh Scottish Cup final since last winning it in 1902. By the law of averages, surely THIS time will be the time?

Please, anything but it going back to the Axis of Evil. By the old gods and the new, by Throbber's crusty sock, please let it be Hibs for once.

Surely even the most delusional Hibs supporter realises more cup final heartache and play-off failure awaits within days/weeks of each other.

Nice little earner to help balance the books for next season though, tbf.

Can say without reservation that I'm hoping this is Hibs' year. Will their pals from the opposite side of Edinburgh really be supporting whichever sister prevails tomorrow? Or is it an occasion best avoided entirely?

Can say without reservation that I'm hoping this is Hibs' year. Will their pals from the opposite side of Edinburgh really be supporting whichever sister prevails tomorrow? Or is it an occasion best avoided entirely?

Obviously. What sort of weirdo would want Hibs to win?

It's immaterial, though. They will get eviscerated.

Surely even the most delusional Hibs supporter realises more cup final heartache and play-off failure awaits within days/weeks of each other.

Nice little earner to help balance the books for next season though, tbf.

Delighted you still have something to look forward to this season m8. If we win it, it would completely and utterly ruin you.

Good money spinner the replay was for Hearts though eh? 😎😎😎

Reckon it'll be more Cup final heartache for Hibs as they once again lose to Celtic in the final and become the first side since Aberdeen in the year 2000 to lose both the League Cup and the Scottish Cup finals in the same season.

Archived