The Youth Academy Challenge

RandomGuy.

What's the deal with not having enough players, do you keep reloading until you can field a team/bench or is signing grey players allowed?

If you ticked the "add players to playable teams" box then you should get at least 15 players.

Obviously its hard the first season so you could play grey players if theres simply no other option as the game would be impossible sometimes otherwise. Its in the rules youre not allowed to, but the rules were thought up before it was played i think. Think you can play them without signing them.

Untitled_zps82ezdlpf.png

Second season over, probably made the mistake of chucking in too many youngsters tbh. This is where the challenge is hard, deciding whether results or development takes centre stage, as no results could lead to the sack, while no development could lead to an awful side.

Untitled_zpsroqvh509.png

Thankfully Edinburgh Uni were brushed aside no bother, with recent addition Wilson grabbing a vital goal. Went more offensive and it seemed to pay off, so will maybe start net season in the same manner. Desperately want a DM but not got a single player who can play there.

Untitled_zps82ezdlpf.png

Second season over, probably made the mistake of chucking in too many youngsters tbh. This is where the challenge is hard, deciding whether results or development takes centre stage, as no results could lead to the sack, while no development could lead to an awful side.

Untitled_zpsroqvh509.png

Thankfully Edinburgh Uni were brushed aside no bother, with recent addition Wilson grabbing a vital goal. Went more offensive and it seemed to pay off, so will maybe start net season in the same manner. Desperately want a DM but not got a single player who can play there.

Yass champions!

But.....

You are allowed to use the greyed out players if theres simply no other option, but only in the first season

Can my head of youth bring in youngsters ?

The only players allowed to be brought in is through the youth intake

I'm allowed to offer new contracts, yeah ?

Yeah you can offer new contracts to players already at your club

Finally got my first intake of youth, going to try and give a few 5-8 games before the seasons up as it looks like I'm safe.

post-58204-0-72375200-1435849479_thumb.j

Keeper just signed a new 1 year deal then this message came up...

post-58204-0-14550700-1435849542_thumb.p

Looks like I'll have a 15 year old as No.1 next year.

At least they cover yer positions. Coulda had four keepers and half a dozen strikers.

That's very true.

Edited by Bairney The Dinosaur

3rd season going similar to second, having a bit of a break as losing constantly takes its toll and spawned a 'new' game where I've saved under a different name and signed some players.

Ignore last post as it was actually worse. Got back to it last night and put a wee run together. I am 7 points off the playoffs with a game in hand over 4th and play them after that game. 4 games to go. Youth intake looked pretty good and one of my new strikers already turned a game himself. Screeny's after work

post-21687-0-28716500-1436202383_thumb.p

The run in , probably need Elgin/Albion Rovers to not take another point and i have to take 7 , but even being close after the pish start is something.

post-21687-0-43045500-1436202539_thumb.p

Edited by itzdrk

Ignore last post as it was actually worse. Got back to it last night and put a wee run together. I am 7 points off the playoffs with a game in hand over 4th and play them after that game. 4 games to go. Youth intake looked pretty good and one of my new strikers already turned a game himself. Screeny's after work

attachicon.gifyouth intake 2018.PNG

The run in , probably need Elgin/Albion Rovers to not take another point and i have to take 7 , but even being close after the pish start is something.

attachicon.giftable.PNG

post-21687-0-87118000-1436213062_thumb.p

Here we go then, bricking it!

WHAT THE f**k IS HAPPENING

attachicon.gifStrong.PNG

attachicon.gifCOULD IT.PNG

So i went to bed at this point as i really really didn't want to lose and go to bed raging.

So Cove V Stirling;Stirling v Cove how does the season pan out.

post-21687-0-14804200-1436307606_thumb.p

anigif_enhanced-4873-1403648111-6.gif

post-21687-0-88643400-1436307600_thumb.p

anigif_enhanced-4320-1402003743-1.gif

post-21687-0-13123800-1436307662_thumb.p

Season updates

post-21687-0-29203100-1436308341_thumb.p

post-21687-0-07674800-1436308349_thumb.p

post-21687-0-87670400-1436308459_thumb.j

Edited by itzdrk