The Youth Academy Challenge

RandomGuy.

Decided to give this a go.  Following in Big Fifer's footsteps and got Nairn County...

ueUnuA3.png

Facilities | Squad | Finances

The squad is exceptionally threadbare, especially at the back so looks like I'll need to try and find a way of scoring a lot as I only really have any strength up front. Luckily, the expectations for the season are rock bottom, so if I can stay up and hope for a couple of decent players from the youth intake that'll do. 

wqwYlb1.png

The early cup games have gone as expected, with a good win against Counties under 20's getting me my first win. Hamilton scored 3 in the final 15 minutes, which was probably my best performance in the Betfred cup, while the Stirling game was an abomination. About to get launched into the season, hopefully will be able to take some positives from this year...

ueUnuA3.png

Season 2018/19 Round Up

Finances | Transfers

f72nJMP.png

Well, yeah. That was a slog. Bottom of the league from the start of November, no league wins between the 2nd of January and the 2nd leg of the playoff... Suppose that's what happens when you have an appalling squad, with no players good enough for the division. Only 3 defenders made tactical flexibility a massive problem all season, and a complete lack of complete lack of competent attacking options.  You'll notice that there's no R beside the name...

vXSSP1d.png

A narrow 3-2 loss away was followed up by our first win in 5 months, and an emphatic one it was. I mean, we weren't actually that much better in the match but I'm not going to complain.

Scottish Cup: We crashed out at the first hurdle away to East Kilbride. Disappointing, but certainly far from the low light of this season.

Challenge Cup: We beat Keith fairly comfortably, before being thrashed by Livingston.  Bit of extra prize money for the run was nice. Otherwise, I really don't care.

I'm expecting next season to be much the same.

aF24zps.png

The youth intake was... well, meh. Considering that 4 and a half stars in my first team is "very well suited for Highland League football", it's not ideal. I've signed them all, just because I need the depth but I've got a lot of complete deadweight in my squad, even without some of these jokers. The board also did this, Hopefully will see us get some better players in future.  Michael O'Donnell is the best of the lot, and has already had a bit of game time as he's the best right winger in the team immediately. The next few seasons are going to be bleak, but here we go

THIS IS SPARTA.......ns

The_Spartans_FC_Logo.png

SEASON 2 2020-2021

Club Info | Finances | 1st Team Squad |Profile

SEASON REVIEW

I didn't take screenshots of the cups because.....well it was non existent to be honest.  Won 1 game in the League cup group stage but was out by the time I played my final game.  Challenge cup I was put out by Peterhead and while I beat my boggy team Clyde in the Scottish cup (I'm starting to really hate Clyde btw, nothing personal but at the end of the season I had played them 14 times, lost 10, drawn 3 and won only once) I was soundly beaten by Dunfermline in the 4th round.

The league was pretty much a slug fest, spent most of the time in 7th place but as soon as the final stage came into view, the arse end fell out of my team and with 4 games to go I was sitting in 10th and looking likely to drop, my form was bad.  Thankfuly, Arbroath's form was worse and I sneaked into 9th place at the end.

So Annan in the semi final and a solid, if not spectacular 1-0 win setup what could have been a tense 2nd leg...however a good and attacking first 30 mins saw The Spartans 3-0 up before rounding out a 5-2 home win winning the leg 6-2.  Annan had one of our original youth players, Gary Page YP01 on loan from Hibs, but we were more than good enough to keep him quiet.

The final would be against Cowdenbeath with us being at home first we secure a rare clean sheet an a solid 2-0 win, the return leg started badly going a goal down within the 20 mins, but a quickfire reply quickly stopped any potential momentum for the opposition and we see the game out 2-1 winners, 4-1 on aggregate.

Overall, it went as well as I could have hoped for.  Having to through the youngsters into or back line was not ideal and they made a number of basic errors which was to be expected, hopefully they learn from this and we can be a bit more solid at the back.  I'm going to be screwed for goals when Ali Sutherland goes, although at 25 he's still got a couple of years left....hopefully with us and not someone else.

YOUTH

Intake - Another nice batch with plenty of potential, but potential is one thing, achieving is another.  I've got a bit of depth now so I can be a bit more selective, in saying that I think I signed all but 5 from the intake.  Will have to farm a few out on loan next season otherwise there could be wasted talent (or in the case of young Scottish players, they find the joy of Guinness and Kebab's.....I know I did)  I few stand outs to look at.

Colin Turnbull YP03 - An attacking midfielder who I hope to retrain into a Central Midfielder to fit more with my tactics

Dean Donaldson YP03 - Can't go wrong with defenders....especially with the amount of goals I ship in a season

Steven Adams YP03 - A left back and a right back....excellent cover

Iain McLeish YP03 - A good looking keeper, here's hoping I don't do something stupid to loose him (Arrested Development narrator - "he would and did")

At the end of the season I felt I needed to start changing things around, I let go my Head of Youth and welcomed Derek Ure to the club, the JPA & JPA stats are almost double of the previous HoY and I've signed Derek on a 2 year deal so we'll give it a go and fingers crossed I see an improvement....not that I've had a particularity poor influx over the seasons.

OTHER STUFF

Transfers - Fee & Released players. I sold Mark Dickson YP02 for £80,000 with a 50% sell on clause to Killie during the winter transfer window.  I had a decent back up that I could bring in so take the money when I can.  There is a lack of money in the Scottish League's so got to take the chances when it comes, that 80k covers at least 4/5 months for my Youth Setup.

At the end of the season I got onto the board regarding getting some coaching badges and they agreed so National A badge, here I come.

Got a number of job offers over the season, the biggest being Aberdeen thing must be bad over at Pittodrie.

NEXT SEASONS AIM

Don't....get......worse.....

edb1e7c1112e2aac98fbc6619b42c7ed.gif

Take Two: BSC Glasgow

UQO3X7B.png

Facilities | Finances | Expectations

So yeah, hopefully I'll make a better go of it this time. Which wouldn't be hard, but still.

The first thing that jumps out at me is that BSC have already had an active summer and brought in seven players. Kyle McClung has been sent back to Edinburgh City, but unfortunately I'm forced to bend the rules slightly as when I've tried to release them...

msYhj9q.png

Anyway, moving on, my current squad looks, well, a bit bare. 

bZp8ZUS.png

No goalkeepers, pretty limited options up front, and as I don't yet have an assistant manager, I've got no reports on anyone yet. Should make for a fun season. Purely by looking at their stats, I have what appears to be the nucleus of some alright players, like Grehan and Adams, supplemented by complete and utter dross.

We're expected to try and not finish bottom, so hopefully not too much pressure there. It simply can't go too much worse than last time, so here we go. I'm away to get fired into some glamour friendlies just to get a bit of cash, so expect to be roundly pumped in those. Start as you mean to go on and all that... 

13 hours ago, boulderdomb said:

Is there a guide anywhere on how I can do my own YAC? This seems really interesting and I'd love to get involved with my own save.

Guide and Rules on Original post of this thread.

THIS IS SPARTA.......ns

The_Spartans_FC_Logo.png

SEASON 4 2020-2021

Club Info | Finances | 1st Team Squad |Profile

SEASON REVIEW

League Cup (Table/Results) - Pretty gutted not to get into the next round, had a great chance against Dunfermline but bottled it big style.  Still decent progress and a bit of optimism for the season ahead.

Chalenge Cup (Results) - Lost in the 2nd round in penalties, had our chances, just never took them.  Disappointing.

Scottish Cup (Results) - Replay loss in the 3rd round, not much too say about this.  No money and pretty dire performances, the 4th round was a draw against a Highland League side as well, could have made it to the 5th round a get a decent tie.

League (Final Table) - A decent season, halfway through we were sitting just outside the playoff position and I was hoping e could sneak in, unfortunately just after Christmas our form took a major hit and we fell out of contention.  Managed to get a run towards the end of the season but the damage was done, still finishing 6th was about 3 places better than I aimed for so it's all good.

YOUTH

Intake - Our new Head of Youth's first intake, and it's not too bad.

Micheal May YP04 - I will have to re-train May to be a striker or change my formation but that's next seasons problems.

Archie Mullen YP04 - Versatility, I like that in a player.  All in the key positions of our tactic as well.

Gary Fleming YP04 - Always need a keeper....especially since I keep losing them.

I keep losing players on pre-contracts because i forgot to tie them down....I should stop that.

OTHER STUFF

Transfers - Fee & Released players. Not much activity on the selling front, however I have got rid of most of the players from the original squad.  This means next seasons squad will be very young and inexperienced, another season like this would be great

Also set a new record this season, now I'm not saying we are a dirty team......but the evidence kind of states otherwise.

NEXT SEASONS AIM

Going to give this a wee brake until Christmas, mass amount of overtime and busy work schedule means I'm not going to get much of a chance to continue at the moment.  Thankfully I do have 2 weeks off soon so hope to catch up then.

Take Two: BSC Glasgow - Season 2018/19

UQO3X7B.png

League Campaign

AhtLugu.png

9th absolutely has to be considered a successful season. There were some extremely ropey moments, the definite lowlight coming in a 10-1 thrashing by Cowdenbeath which started us on a run of picking up 4 points in 11 matches.  We did then manage to have a good run in January, which was very lucky as the board looked like they were losing confidence in me, perhaps justifiably given how the season was going. In the end, ourselves and Berwick were cut adrift at the bottom, and after we drew 4-4 in a frankly heart breaking game we had 4 games each. We both picked up 3 points, which meant that I was able to pip them into 9th and remain safe from the dreaded playoff (although they beat Civil Service Strollers 8-0 on aggregate...). All in all, a good season to start off, and I would expect next year to be much the same.

The Cups

gVc4UV7.png         v3xhmc9.png

Frankly a complete waste of time. Losing to some children in the Irn Bru Cup was upsetting. Oh well, never mind. Our game against Forfar also seems to have been televised, which I'm sure drew in worldwide audiences.

Intake

QWVurM5.png

The main thing is that we got a vaguely competent goalkeeper in Jim McBride. As the only one in the entire club, he's naturally already number one, and will be for the foreseeable future. The other player I have high hopes for is Jamie Fraser, who I've been playing in my final league games, as he's basically as good as my second choice centre half anyway, but could turn out not too shabby. Gavin Smith looks like a good player, but centre midfield is by far the strongest area of my team, so not sure how I'll work that as I'd like to give a lot of them a bit of game time. Overall, could have been better, could have been worse so I'll take it. I could have used a striker, as Martin Grehan who'll be my only first team striker next season is 34 years old, but he'll be fine for next season so hopefully we'll be alright.

Other News

hzoNAEE.png

Excellent, hopefully will help quite a lot to bring in some good players. They've routinely refused to improve the actual facilities, but given that we don't have anything like the money to do, I can see their reasoning for it.

After the final game of the season, I was also treated to this news...

ZRkLm77.png

Looks like we're getting out of Alloa at some point. Far too early for the stadium to be names after me, and as we have no legends or Icons it'll have one of the horrendous names the game comes away with like "The Broomhill Sports Club Glasgow Stadium" or something but still, good news I suppose. Means we won't be playing league games on Sundays which really, really, really irritates me.

Onto next season, and it'll be largely the same as this one I would imagine, hopefully a few less embarrassing results and I don't concede double figures in any single game or lose against any under 20's. 9th again and I'll be pretty happy if I'm honest.

1 hour ago, boulderdomb said:

Followed the rules on the front page and my league 2 teams don’t update. Tried 3 times any advice?

If you are doing it Scotland remember that it's not an automatic relegation, it's a playoff.  You'll just need to reload again. 

Create a save just before that last game of the season and use that as a restore point if no team win the playoff.

• 3 weeks later...

Take Two: BSC Glasgow - Season 2019/20

UQO3X7B.png

Facilities | Finances | Transfers | Training

League Campaign

s3c4BRg.png

Well, 9th was the aim, and 9th was what we achieved. Considering the amount of youth players I've been trying to bed in, particularly in defence where we have no option but to play 3 16 year olds on a regular basis, I'm pretty pleased with this. Just like last season. some horrendous runs (1 point from 14 games between November and mid February was torrid), but also some decent runs, particularly at the end of the season to keep us up. Clyde had an absolutely dismal second half of the season, winning just twice after November, and combined with our resurgence in the final few weeks and months of the season, we managed to pip them to 9th, while they were condemned to play Brora in the playoff (who they thumped 5-2 on aggregate). A decent enough season, and managed to play a lot of youth players with Barry Wilson ending up as my top scorer, so pretty pleased. Should stand us in decent stead for the seasons coming up. and hopefully we'll be able to move into our new stadium (which holds a whole 408 people) soon.

The Cups

3qoVnAQ.png

One of these days I'm going to start a season by not being roundly embarrassed in the League Cup and meekly losing against some dross in the Challenge Cup, but this is not that season. The players at least had the decency to be ashamed and apologetic by the 7-0 drubbing at Hamilton, even if I personally found losing at Fraserburgh worse. But hey, the cups are a write off just now.

qhiaOge.png

We fared slightly better in the Scottish Cup, beating Edinburgh University, before losing to League One strugglers Cowdenbeath. A bit of extra cash is all that I'm really bothered about for this.

Youth Intake

Trhr5xs.png

First things first, Bob Dunlop is some boy. 16 years old and already my second best central midfielder. He'll play every minute of every game when he's fit, as I really think he'll be a mainstay of my team. I've also gone from no goalkeepers to two pretty alright ones, as John Gallacher is already an improvement on McBride, and will be number one moving forward. We also got a couple of decent options up front, McKinley and McManus both look like they'll be pretty good in the future, and given that my current striking options are Wilson and a 35 year old Martin Grehan, we'll need them. I've signed all of them, as this season has shown pretty conclusively that I don't know what I'm talking about as, from last season,  Wilson has ended up my top scorer and Ciaran Campbell has become a mainstay of my team when I didn't think much of them at all. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Take Two: BSC Glasgow - Season 2020/21

UQO3X7B.png

Facilities | Finances | Transfers | Training

League Campaign

3ua1k2h.png

A weird season, our best points total so far with 36, but also the worst position we've finished the league in. We scored more goals this season than any other, and conceded less so, despite finishing 10th, it looks like we're slowly but surely making some progress. Barry Wilson scored 24 goals in all competitions, which was pretty great, and Bob Dunlop became our first youth graduate to be considered "well suited to League Two football." The start of the season was awful, just awful - we didn't win a game until the 1st of November, and only three nil-nils were positive results before that. The rest of the season was mid table form, but in the end that start cost us quite badly. If we can maintain our form from the later part of the season, we should be able to have a good campaign (by our standards) next season, and hopefully be in no danger of the relegation playoff.

Speaking of that, we played Huntly, and maintained our league status by the skin of our teeth. We threw away a 2-0 lead, then a 3-2 lead in the final minute of the first leg to draw  3-3, and should have won the second where we missed a penalty. The shootout was nervy to say the least, but we got there in the end, and will remain in the leagues. 

The Cups

tgk5Odr.png

As is tradition, we absolutely stank out the League Cup and Challenge Cup first round. Being 9-0 down by half time at home to Inverness was... well, I'm sure you can guess how it was. Then we lost to Morton's youth team 4-1, which may have been even worse, and set us up perfectly for a horrific run in the league.

7sEBDn3.png

Congratulations to Montrose, who became the first team from a league above League Two to fail to beat me. Edinburgh City threw away the victory against me, really should have gone out there but they gifted us two goals through hilarious defending. We played very, very well in both legs against Montrose, and went through on penalties. We were drawn away at Rangers, which was great as we made an absolute fortune on it, and managed a draw against, admittedly, a very weakened Rangers side. They played something approaching a competent side in the second leg, and beat us comfortably.

Youth Intake

23XZgk8.png

We seem to be getting a decent conveyer belt of talent, with a solid amount of players coming through every year who can make an impact in the first team. That's pretty because our first team isn't very good, but still...

Alan Welsh: Our wingers generally aren't up to much, so he should get a decent amount of game time. He's quick, which is a good start, and has decent technique, but obviously needs a lot of work on other aspects of his game.

David Henderson: A good prospect, but I'll need to retrain him as a centre back since we've already a good right back in Ciaran Campbell, and he stands out from our other centre backs in being able to vaguely pass and control a football.

Greig Jordan: A left back, and the best of this years intake, which is good. Jamie Mills, my current left back, is one of my better players, so I'll need to work out how I'm going to introduce him into the team, but he should come good in time.

Jordan Donnelly: Another decent striker, a good finisher and much more composed than my other options. Reasonable acceleration should see him get a couple of goals, but he's obviously far from the finished article.

Other News

wEHzxpg.png

Well, it's taken 2 full seasons but we finally have proper plans for the "BSC Glasgow Stadium." Half a million quid to put up 428 seats seems excessive, but never mind. We're getting out of Alloa!

TadhajZ.png

The Scottish Cup run also allowed us to invest in our training facilities, so everything's looking up. 

I was also, inexplicably, offered interviews at Kilmarnock and Livingston. Apparently consecutive 9th place finishes is just the sort of thing they're looking for.

Take Two: BSC Glasgow - Season 2021/22

UQO3X7B.png

First Team Squad | Training | Facilities | Transfers | Finances

League Campaign

NxxND9b.png

Well, another season of loitering near the bottom of the division. At least we didn't face a playoff like last season, but its becoming a slog. Our attackers were fine, we scored the 3rd most goals in the division, but our defence is appalling. As I can't sign anyone, there's not much to do about it. I don't want to change too much tactically, as we're actually scoring goals and I've already attempted to make us more solid but it's not happening. 9 of our points were against Peterhead, and as they've lost the playoff to Brora then I'll need to find a way to get points against the other teams. Hopefully Brora will be horrific to give us a pressure-free season to try out something to get us moving towards promotion. We also had both Wilson and Dunlop, two of our most important players, injured for long spells this season, which didn't help. Mills, our starting left back, has also taken the huff and left as he doesn't think we can match his ambitions or some shit, so we're down to only 2 or 3 non-regens in the entire squad I think. Anyway, 9th is fine, we're still by a long way the smallest team in the league, and aiming to try not to finish bottom every season. Next season will be much the same, but at least we won't be playing in Alloa any more!

The Cups

2hq1fAi.png

It's taken 4 seasons, but we've managed to avoid defeat in a League Cup game, and it came against League One side Annan. The 7-1 loss against Inverness was poor, but we lost 10-1 the season before so no complaints. Also could have taken something against St Johnstone. We've still never won a Challenge Cup game, despite the fact we've drawn 3 under 20's and a highland league side. At least basically no one witnessed it.

bQDsi0h.png

Pish. A cup run, and drawing a big team will be the only way we can boost our finances which have taken a nosedive this season, so this was a really crap way to go out.

Youth Intake

fe9n629.png

Not great overall, but a couple of decent prospects:

Paul Morrison: Looks like he could be a good centre back, but unfortunately he seems to be a massive dickhead. Takes a fairly lax approach to training, and has refused to be tutored by the two available options who'll make him better. Hopefully he can be moulded into something decent, but we'll see.

Declan Cook: A fairly good right midfielder, which is one of the weakest areas of our team, so ideal to get one in. Already getting games, and scored a huge goal against Peterhead. 

Kane, Cowie and Kilpatrick all look reasonable prospects as well. Cowie and Kilpatrick do play the same position, which isn't ideal.

Other News

eTzmnTT.png

At long last, we got to move into our new stadium. Hopefully boost attendances a bit, as we've been around the same level the whole time. Doesn't have a lot of space to be expanded further, but ah well.

hBMRdci.png

We also improved our recruitment a bit more. Always good, hopefully get a few gems through the door.

yIgGXfu.png

Also, as mentioned our finances have been going right down this season as we've haemorrhaged money every month, so the board cancelled the training ground improvements. Oh well.

Take Two: BSC Glasgow - Season 2022/23

UQO3X7B.png

First Team Squad | Transfers | Finances | Facilities | Training

League Campaign

FzxMrV8.png

SCENES! We've actually managed a season where we weren't actually in very real danger of being relegated throughout. It's not much, but it's progress of some kind, so I'll take it. We were actually in and around the playoff places until about half way through the season and then collapsed/ran out of steam, but it's still the best we've ever finished a season. Our defence also managed to not be horrific this time around, which was wonderful.  Brora weren't awful, and we actually took a 4-0 doing off them at one stage, but Berwick, who apparently we've developed a rivalry with what with us both hanging around the bottom of the league for the last 5 years, were appalling all season. I've no idea how they managed to get as many points as they did. Wilson was once again top scorer, this time joint with Donnelly, and McManus also got double figures. Scott Adams is now a club legend, and the leading appearance holder for the club, which is great, and he's still our most important player. At 26, he's the oldest player in the squad, so we should be covered there for a while. Anyway, 8th place is basically shite but brilliant for us considering how the rest of our seasons have gone. Hopefully next season we'll be able to get off to another great start, but then avoid falling completely apart after Christmas and get a playoff place.

Cups

nCVKmGF.png

Losing to Annan was crap, as that was the opening of our new stadium. We got our only win in the next game, pretty comfortably against Montrose, and were then totally outclassed by County and Queen of the South, which was completely predictable and expected. Still, finished 4th in the group which isn't too bad as the only League 2 side.

71rVwPh.png

A last minute equaliser by Pat McManus against Rangers under 20's saw us take a challenge cup campaign beyond the first 90 minutes for the first time. We saw out an uneventful extra time period and went through on penalties. We then demolished Berwick, and after throwing away a 3 nil lead, managed to regroup to defeat Annan in the third round after extra time. A terrible match against Airdrie was our downfall as they put us out.

mJPQISy.png

Turriff should have been much easier than they were, but we played poorly. Managed to scrape through, but then League One side Stirling were too much for us. 

Youth Intake

099F3Eo.png

Not great, there's no one there who's immediately ready to go into the first team, whereas there had been the last couple of seasons. Nevertheless, a couple of decent prospects.

Aidan Canning: We do really need another centre back, and with Paul Morrison being injured for 10 months which has totally stunted his development, I have high hopes for this lad. His marking is pretty good, but the rets of his game needs a lot of work. At 15 though he should have plenty of time to improve.

Jake Shankland: A central midfielder, can't really defend but could make a pretty decent playmaker with a bit of work and the right partner in centre midfield.

Jack Wilson: Good delivery, but looks like he hasn't got any ability top get there. Needs a lot of work on his dribbling but could make it.

Docherty and Twigg also look good prospects, but not quite as good as the others IMO.

Other News

vkhKxUF.png

Improved the junior coaching, should help with producing players. We really need another big cup game, or even better, to get out of this league as we're losing money every month. We're ok just now, but eventually the board are going to cut back on stuff.

Best season so far, lets hope we can make next season even better.

Take Two: BSC Glasgow - Season 2023/24

UQO3X7B.png

League Campaign

0S7JTHn.png

In retrospect, my use of the term scenes to describe coming 8th last season seems premature, but there you go, we've won the league and with it been promoted! Granted our points total is the lowest for any side to have won the league since the save began, and we owe a huge deal to champions elect Elgin, who were something like 15 points clear at one stage, completely and utterly bottling it (11 points from their final 16 games), but we're still champions.  Whereas last season, we had an absolutely torrid second half of the season which saw us fall down the league, this time we managed to kick on, and we lost just one of our last 21 matches. Barry Wilson again top scored for us, and is rapidly becoming one of my favourite players on any edition of FM. In any case, I don't really care that a very legitimate case could be made that we're the worst side to win the league since the save began, we're getting out of this basement league, for a season at least, and the club history overview won't look as depressing anymore.

I'm almost certain we'll go straight back down, as we're nowhere near good enough for that league, but then again, we're probably not really good enough to have won the league we've just won, so we'll see what happens. Financially, we're getting a wee bit fucked every month since I'm essentially overspending on youth development and recruitment, and have a pretty large coaching staff, while about 350 people turn up to watch us most weeks. Hopefully the draw of seeing giants like Ayr and Arbroath next season will pull the punters in. 

The Cups

SOnP9gJ.png

Put out in the group stage of the League Cup, who would have thought it? We were absolutely pumped by Elgin to begin with and then this season our only win was against Premiership side Morton, although I don't think they played their full strength team somehow... Still, beating top flight opposition in front of a sell out crowd of 428 was nice. We then limped to 1-0 losses against Hamilton and Stirling, to end up in 5th place.

XWKuiiR.png

Yeah, losing to under 20's is a fairly regular occurrence. The main take away from that is that Celtic under 20's are officially less of a draw than Motherwell under 20's are. While a massive 13 people crammed into the stadium for our match two seasons ago, a miniscule 11 people turned up for Celtic this year. How small time.

VT56zCM.png

We brought back the Albion Rovers game from 3-0 down which was ideal, and then managed to scrape through the replay on penalties. Queens Park were dispatched in a fairly tight affair, and then we drew Falkirk. They were quite comfortably better than us throughout, but the Bairn pound was much appreciated.

Youth Intake

CZYeE6Z.png

Well, pretty much the same as last season, some decent enough prospects but no one really good enough to make an immediate impact.

Stuart Hunter: Miles Storey Junior. Very quick, but basically absolutely terrible at playing football. Hopefully with a bit of work, he'll be competent as his raw pace could be an asset in the lower leagues.

Derek Souttar: The phrase "sand dancing wee p***k" springs to mind. Can dribble, has loads of flair, absolutely nothing approaching an end product. Another project player, if he can develop the ability to either cross, pass or finish then he'll be useful, if not then it'll be off to the juniors with him.

Chris Herd: Another decent looking young centre half. Has all the basics, plus a wee touch of pace which would be useful. Will try to give him a bit of game time and see how he does, as no one currently has the second central defensive spot nailed down beside Jamie Fraser.

Matt Graham and John Robb could also end up looking ok, but I'm not sure. Graham is much more promising, and his work rate would be useful, but we'll see what happens.

Other News

oi4aThL.png

Now that we're a big time third tier club, we're expanding our stadium. We're also officially an establishment club, as the tax payers are, once again, paying for a huge deal of our stadium work. We're sharing with St Anthony's which is ideal because who doesn't want a day out in Cardonald.

Next season will be the traditional slog, but at least this time it'll be a slog at a higher level. As I said, I would imagine we'll go straight back down but the players will be better for the season at a higher level and we'll hopefully be well placed to go back up. The only worry is that we're that terrible the board sack me, but hopefully their expectations are minimal and realistic. Considering my expectation this season was "attempt to avoid finishing bottom", they should be sound.

Take Two: BSC Glasgow - Season 2024/25

UQO3X7B.png

League Campaign

2uGruyO.png

We've stayed up! Somewhat limped over the line in the end, reliant on beating Stenhousemuir 4 times out of 4 to get us there, but we managed. It went pretty much as expected, we struggled massively against the teams at the top end of the league (apart from a 3-0 thumping of Stirling out of nowhere) and picked up 24 of our 37 points against Alloa, Stenhousemuir and Annan. A years experience at a higher level will have helped the players no doubt, and I'm hopeful that they can continue to grow into a team that can challenge in this division, as we're some way off it just now. Wilson was top scorer, as he is just about every year, and Chris Herd became a very important player at the back, looks like he's got the most potential in there. Gallacher in goals is now my best player by star rating, and apparently wants to go to a bigger club, which is problematic as we've got absolutely no one in back up. 8k and he's away apparently, which should be alright as the teams who'd want him likely won't pay for him but still. Next season will be much the same, and I wouldn't be surprised if we end up more a fight that this season, as I don't see anyone being as shite as Annan were again.

We're still fucked financially, and that's something that's going to get troublesome as we really need to keep spending big to get decent youth players, but we've nowhere near enough fans to bring in the money to make it sustainable. We desperately need to get out of the seaside leagues and start climbing into the promised land of the Championship, but we're, at the very least, a couple of seasons away from that... Not ideal.

The Cups

hczEEMg.png

Beat the team from a lower division, lost to the teams from higher and the same ones. Nothing of note happened, Barry Wilson got a hat trick which was nice. The League cup is starting to become a minor irritation, I get pumped out in the first round every year anyway, it'd be nice if I didn't have to play four matches before it inevitably happens.

uuZGDlJ.png

Another benefit of promotion is that I now enter the Challenge Cup in the second round, so I can lose my first match against some under 20's there instead of the first round. It's just brilliant.

JqIs86J.png

Aye the cups weren't very fruitful this year. I could really do with another run in the Scottish Cup, the money from my last one built a stadium and has kept me afloat for a few years....

Youth Intake

C7j3WI1.png

Bearing in mind we're in a higher division and star rating will reflect that, it's not too shabby, but there's only 3 of them I'm excited about...

Jamie Scott: Technically proficient, for this level, and a wee bit of pace, he should be good. Left midfield, has been a problem area all save so hopefully we'll have that sorted for a while now.

Bob Wallace: A decent looking striker, I'm hopeful I can convert him into a semi competent target man, to allow me an alternative to Wilson. I have loads of advanced forwards/poachers, and nothing else really. Wilson is still banging in the goals, but on paper, he's out his depth.

Ryan Hunter: Looks not too shabby, physically and mentally he's fine, needs to work on his technical skills though. Could be useful in the future though.

Other News

k7qDqjE.png

That's good. Helped unearth some decent players this time already. Hopefully that continues.

XYyIxF7.png

That's not so good, and we have no money to make them any better. We'll need to pray for a cup run, as we're not going to make much from anywhere else...

Anyway, a good first season at this level, onwards and upwards.

Take Two: BSC Glasgow - Season 2025/26

UQO3X7B.png

First Team SquadTransfersFinancesFacilitiesTraining

League Campaign

opssNYN.png

I genuinely, genuinely can't believe we've not been relegated after our start to the season. 10 points at New Years. TEN. We'd only scored 12 goals in 20  games for fucks sake. I tried everything, 5 at the back, one up front with attacking midfielders, defensive midfielders, it didn't matter what I did, so I turned to anti-football, and it's kept us up. I don't know why, but it clicked.  We doubled our points tally in the 5 games after that Queens Park game, which has to be considered the turning point of our season. East Fife had been struggling all season, and Elgin had done well at the start but struggled after that point so we managed to drag ourselves out of trouble.  We only spent like 5 weeks out of the bottom two all season, so to grab 7th should probably be regarded as absolute robbery, but I'm not complaining.  I don't know how next season will  go, if we can be anything resembling a football team from the start we should do ok, but it'll likely be another struggle. Jamie Scott is the key player for me now, along with Chris Herd at the back and Pat McManus up front. Bob Dunlop is a huge disappointment, he's not really improved as much as he should have, and while he's still my best central midfielder, he should be far too good for my team. Still, we'll see what happens next season, could be ok, but could equally be horrific.

The Cups

JQ4m84B.png

Oh well, never mind. 

ixws5tB.png

As above. I hate these cups, we're absolutely shite at them and never make any money from getting dumped out by complete dross or youth teams every year. A waste of time.

trrAfSc.png

We got absolutely pumped rotten.  Our worst performance of the season, and that takes some doing. Considering Raith have been relegated from the Championship, it doesn't bode well.

Youth Intake

CLYtijl.png

Crap. The positions I really need filled are my full backs, and I could do with central midfielders, but no, attacking left mid, which I don't use, and another alright centre back are great, Thanks. Here we go anyway.

Leon Fraser He's not bad. He's kinda quick, composed and plenty of flair. He doesn't play any positions I use though, so I'll try and train him to be a striker and hope he learns how to finish and/or dribble. 

Connor Lauchlan: A defender who can't head really, isn't good at jumping, doesn't concentrate well and is weak as a kitten. Sign me up. I'm probably being slightly harsh on him, he's quick for a defender, his positioning, marking and tackling are all pretty decent but needs to work on some pretty important parts of his game for a centre back. 

Other News

Zmzx4pX.png

We've had our first international call up, even if it is for Ireland under 19's. He didn't get a game, but it's still a nice wee milestone. 

Club Legend Scott Adams has also decided he doesn't fancy playing for us anymore and is away, which means that 100% of the players in my squad for next season will be regens through the youth system. My oldest player is 23.... A recipe for success IMO.

Not much else going on. we've still got no money and are losing it every month which is swell, but we've signed a new stadium sponsorship deal worth a bit more so that's good. Sooner or later though, the board will make cut backs. I'm not looking forward to that.