Bundesliga 2023/24

3 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

@German Jag any idea when the times for the final round of fixtures are announced?

The last two game days are already set.

As regards game days 28-32 (ie April), no idea unfortunately, though would expect something once Dortmund & Leipzig have completed their EL 2nd legs on the 22nd Feb. No way they can wait till Bayern's CL 2nd leg is completed.

11 hours ago, German Jag said:

The last two game days are already set.

As regards game days 28-32 (ie April), no idea unfortunately, though would expect something once Dortmund & Leipzig have completed their EL 2nd legs on the 22nd Feb. No way they can wait till Bayern's CL 2nd leg is completed.

Thanks.

I knew the final day of the season was set but didn't realise the second last one was as well.

Back to 15:30 kick-offs on a Saturday, and with club president Martin Kind‘s application to get past the 50+1 rule getting (well) kicked into very long grass the Ultras revoked their atmosphere boycott.

Pitch looked like it‘d been relaid by a group of untrained Community Service folk, but despite this H96 ran out deserved winners against SC Freiburg.

Waldemar Anton on the half hour mark plus Wolfsburg bound (ex  Freiburger) Felix Klaus, just after half-time, put H96 in front. Freiburg‘s 88th minute goal gave the last couple of minutes a squeaky-bum vibe, but H96 deservedly took the 3 points.

Next up a trip to Cologne with@Stellaboz in attendance.

A40E5CAF-E852-49D5-90EE-5C85FE2D15C0.thumb.jpeg.b04de72e521927cb8ed4758ea31e8a9a.jpeg

924199FD-7B35-4ED5-9ABD-EE55A8256736.thumb.jpeg.f3d05809c431ca2e77360094d05b80cd.jpeg

Posting this right now, Cologne denied a winner against Hannover for no reason. No foul, nothing there clear goal. German jags fault.....

The VAR is something they should bin asap. A draw was probably the correct result, but in the circumstances a sickener for Eff Zeh. Least the results of the other Nord-Klubs, Wolfsburg, Bremen & Hamburg went in your favour.

IMG_3398.jpgIMG_1518893380.274184.jpgIMG_1518893421.140020.jpg

I'm in that bottom photo. Somewhere to the left, in significantly but there. Amongst a mix of fans which was nice although I think the mother of the child next ottme switched seats when I got up started swearing in English at the referee.
Which was about ten minutes in

13 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I'm in that bottom photo. Somewhere to the left, in significantly but there. Amongst a mix of fans which was nice although I think the mother of the child next ottme switched seats when I got up started swearing in English at the referee.
Which was about ten minutes in

embarrassing IMO - if the boot was on the other foot and a visiting german fan started hurling teutonic obscenities at the ref at, for instance, vicarage road, no-one would have a fucking clue what he was saying, let alone understand enough to take offence; they would, however,  give him some shit about chip-shops, sing "ten german bombers" right the way through, do some nazi salutes and/or hitler moustache gestures whilst shouting "seig heil" , then beat the crap out of him....

Last night's game between Eintracht Frankfurt & RB Leipzig, marked the first of 3 Monday night games, which the DFL are trialling this year (as well as 13:30 & 18:00 Sunday kick-offs).

Considering the distance between both cities, not the most away fan friendly option.

Plenty of protests/banners from the home fans as well, who want to see the 15:30 spot on a Saturday preserved as much as possible.

Series of photos here

Photos 9 & 10 show the pile of tennis-balls launched on to the pitch.

Edited by German Jag

10 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

No quite bundesliga but german football league related and didn’t see the point in starting a new thread for it

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.givemesport.com/1263440-duisburg-goalkeeper-takes-sip-from-his-drinks-bottle-concedes-a-goal-when-hes-not-looking%3famp

That's brilliant.

Despite that, it's mad how well Duisburg have been performing. Pretty much admitted relegation at this stage two seasons ago before a revival but losing in the play-offs. They look so much better this season and are in 4th. Holsten Kiel were also promoted last season and are sitting 3rd, both on 37 points. Play each other next week. Jahn Regensburg, who were also promoted last season are 5th on 36.

A disappointing 0-1 for H96 yesterday at home to Mönchengladbach.
Freezing cold and with relations between club-president Martin Kind and fan groups going back to non-existent following a 2 week respite also zero atmosphere in the HDI Arena
A meh 1st half, 2nd half Gladbach were the more attacking team resulting in a top-notch strike from Christoph Kramer in the 70th minute. Thereafter H96 huffed & puffed but never looked like taking something from the game.

IMG_1519575186.219115.jpgIMG_1519575212.213599.jpg

Next up a trip to Eintracht Frankfurt.

@German Jag Another fixtures based question for you, if you wouldn't mind.

In December, the BL/DFB announced the vague outline of the 18/19 season. Start date, winter closing, end date etc but do you know when they actually announce the exact match day dates? Tried looking back to find last year's announcement but couldn't find it.

Enjoying Leipzig v Koln. Don't often watch German football but this is fast paced passing football, and a good atmosphere from the crowd. Got Leipzig and both teams to score which I think I've a fair chance of getting. 1-0 at HT. Commentary is pretty good on Skybet, presumably it's the Sky Sports feed?