Bundesliga 2023/24

Looking to get a trip sorted for September and maybe take in 3 games. Done Dusseldorf the last time and went to Dortmund, Fortuna and Leverkusen games.

Any suggestions of a decent different city where you could take in a few games close by in September? BL2 as well obviously.

Munich potentially but three games might be stretching it. Munich is my favourite of the 5 or 6 cities I've been to in Germany in general though so would recommend it. You'd have Oktoberfest at that time as well.

I went to a couple of games in Berlin as well, one was fifth tier but it was brilliant fun, 8 euros to get in and 3 euros a beer. Standard probably comparable to League One in Scotland. Nightlife in Berlin is unmatched anywhere else tae.

Alternatively could a different city in the region you were in before, Koln is a big place with plenty going on and is within easy reach of loads of BL and BL2 teams.

Have said before, Ryanair now fly direct to Frankfurt-am-Main (not the shitty Hahn airport) everyday. Flight on Friday is at 1955 getting into Frankfurt at 2300. Flight back is 1830. I've just booked this for £45 return! Don't need to take a day off work either which is a bonus. 
The train to Köln from the airport takes an hour on the ICE. 

I think that's something I'll do this season. Done Hertha Berlin and Dortmund home games before. Like to go to different grounds.

Really delighted with these flights like. Before I used to fly down to Stansted and stay at the Radisson next door before getting an early morning flight to that pishy weeze airport. Despite landing at 0930ish I still wouldn't get to MG until the back of 12 so the FRA flight is a godsend. 

Do you usually stay in Frankfurt or go to Cologne?

Edit - just noticed you're a Monchengladbach fan.

Got Leverkusen tickets today, noticed it said on them it's not valid for local public transport- is that a club by club policy @German Jag? It's not that far a walk from the station but hoping it would have worked from Dusseldorf.

Think the only other ones I've come across where that isn't the case were Union Berlin but I think Hertha tickets were?

40 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Got Leverkusen tickets today, noticed it said on them it's not valid for local public transport- is that a club by club policy @German Jag? It's not that far a walk from the station but hoping it would have worked from Dusseldorf.

Think the only other ones I've come across where that isn't the case were Union Berlin but I think Hertha tickets were?

It is a club by club policy.

Had a quick check on the Leverkusen ticket site, and it says this

"Wichtig: Ihr Ticket gilt als Fahrausweis in den Verkehrsverbünden Rhein-Sieg (VRS) und Rhein-Ruhr (VRR). Die Hinfahrt darf frühestens 4 Stunden vor Beginn der Veranstaltung angetreten werden; die Rückkehr muss am Veranstaltungstag bis Betriebsschluss bzw. bis 3 Uhr nachts beendet sein."

'Important:- Your match-ticket is valid for use on public transport In VRS (Cologne, Bergisch-Gladbach etc.) & VRR which is basically all of North Rhine Westphalia, from Mönchengladbach to Düsseldorf to Dortmund. Valid 4 hours before through to 3am the next morning.'

Possible to give me the wording on the ticket. Was 2 years ago the last time I was there. 

Anfahrtsinfo: Kostenlose Parkmöglichkeiten finden Sie am Kurtekotten ab zwei Stunden vor Spielbeginn
an der S-Bahn-Station Leverkusen Chempark

Dieses Ticket gilt nicht als Fahrausweis im ÖPNV.

Is the ÖPNV a specific type of public transport that it's not valid for?

@German Jag

2 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Is the ÖPNV a specific type of public transport that it's not valid for?

@German Jag

ÖPNV just means local public transport and covers S-Bahn (suburban), U-Bahn, trams & buses.

Should be able to get a day ticket (1 person 13€ / group of 5 19€).

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Think it's easy enough just to walk it from Leverkusen Mitte station. Cheers. 

Yes, it's an easy walk, 15-20 minutes depending on what way the police want you to go.

Not that it helps you, but checked my ticket from the 2015/16 season and free travel in VRS & VRR was included. Also still says this on the desktop version of the current ticket site.

Edited by German Jag

One benefit of 1860 being relegated last season is that all of their games are free to watch on YouTube via SPORT1 (Link). Seen all of their games in the last two weeks. Unfortunately it is looking like it might be really difficult to get tickets for my fairly regular visit to Munich. Since they have returned to their original stadium it has been a complete sell-out for every game with a huge demand for tickets.

In other live football news I've been trawling through this website recently. It basically covers every German lower league beyond the 3rd tier. It is something the Scottish game needs to look at. It is just one camera that tracks the game (so no commentary) but surely clubs and fans would be interested in this?

54 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

First ever visit to the Olympic Stadium in Berlin yesterday. Hertha Berlin 0 Liverpool 3. Both clubs celebrating 125 years. Brilliant stadium and trip.

Were you in the Jesse Owens stand?

Been looking at the Frankfurt/Augsburg game on Saturday 16th September.

Looking at the Sunday Bochum are at home at 12.30 and BVB at 17.00. Would it be possible to take in both games they appear to be right next to each other.

Would probably have to get the train from Frankfurt at yon time in the morning though I think.

3 hours ago, Neilly said:

Looking at the Sunday Bochum are at home at 12.30 and BVB at 17.00. Would it be possible to take in both games they appear to be right next to each other.

Would probably have to get the train from Frankfurt at yon time in the morning though I think.

Be plenty of time to get to the Dortmund game. Train from Bochum is less than 15 minutes to Dortmund and pretty frequent. 

Rush Hour at night efter the BVB game. Some dancehall.

10 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Off to the Audi Cup semi finals in the Allianz Arena tonight ... 

Napoli v Ath Madrid

Bayern Munich v Liverpool 

Ticket not bad for 20 Euros :) 

Someone will be too pissed to post tonight :lol:

Bayern weren't very good. Mane terrific, and Sturridge.... its beyond laughable now how fragile he is.

17 hours ago, s_dog said:

Someone will be too pissed to post tonight :lol:

Bayern weren't very good. Mane terrific, and Sturridge.... its beyond laughable now how fragile he is.

Certainly had a good crack at it s_dog ... suffered for it today :lol:  

The pace of Salah and Mane is going to cause teams some problems. 

H96 apply to the DFL to rescind the 50+1 ownership rule and give full control to Martin Kind. Kind has been involved and stuck a lot of money in over the required 20 years which are required to facilitate such a request.

http://m.dw.com/en/martin-kind-to-assume-full-control-of-hannover-96-as-supporters-protest/a-39916308

Not the biggest fan of Kind (seems to expect new managers to turn things around immediately, hence the high turnover), although he has dug into his own pocket on numerous occasions, not just investment but also paying off stupid stuff like the damage to Sandhausen's stadium when getting promoted (ca. €250,000).