Bundesliga 2023/24

5 minutes ago, Johnny Däpp said:

@German Jag not a bad signing for you guys today in Julian Korb. Cracking wee full back, unfortunately had too much competition around him and didn't quite get his chance. His goal v Man City in the champions league was class!

This was me and Korb 2 years ago :-) 

IMG_0502.PNG

You can see the fear in his eyes.

18 hours ago, Johnny Däpp said:

@German Jag not a bad signing for you guys today in Julian Korb. Cracking wee full back, unfortunately had too much competition around him and didn't quite get his chance. His goal v Man City in the champions league was class!

This was me and Korb 2 years ago :-) 

IMG_0502.PNG

Is that at Newcastle?

Draw for the 1st round of the DFB-Pokal took place last weekend.

The way the tournament is structured all amateur / lower league clubs are given home-ties against those from the BL & BL2. Quite often results in a lot of "why-bother" fixtures, but one or two interesting pairings this time.

1860 München - FC Ingolstadt

VfB Germania Halberstadt - SC Freiburg

MSV Duisburg - 1. FC Nürnberg

VfL Osnabrück - Hamburger SV

Bonner SC - Hannover 96

1. FC Magdeburg - FC Augsburg

Chemnitzer FC - FC Bayern München

FC Hansa Rostock - Hertha BSC

FC Energie Cottbus - VfB Stuttgart

Sportfreunde Dorfmerkingen - RB Leipzig

FC Rot-Weiß Erfurt - TSG Hoffenheim

SC Paderborn - FC St. Pauli

Lüneburger SK Hansa - 1. FSV Mainz 05

Leher TS - 1. FC Köln

Rot-Weiss Essen - Borussia Mönchengladbach

FC Würzburger Kickers - SV Werder Bremen

1. FC Schweinfurt 05 - SV Sandhausen

SV Morlautern - SpVgg Greuther Fürth

1. FC Saarbrücken - 1. FC Union Berlin

FC Nöttingen - VfL Bochum

Jahn Regensburg - SV Darmstadt 98

SV Wehen Wiesbaden - FC Erzgebirge Aue

DSC Arminia Bielefeld - Fortuna Düsseldorf

FC Eintracht Norderstedt - VfL Wolfsburg

SpVgg Unterhaching - 1. FC Heidenheim

TuS Erndtebrück - Eintracht Frankfurt

TuS Koblenz - SG Dynamo Dresden

1. FC Rielasingen-Arlen - Borussia Dortmund

Karlsruher SC - Bayer 04 Leverkusen

SV Eichede - 1. FC Kaiserslautern

Holstein Kiel - Eintracht Braunschweig

BFC Dynamo - FC Schalke 04

Games due to be played from 11th to 14th August (weekend before the BL restarts).

Exact fixtures not yet set. TV companies still deciding as to when they want to show Bayern and also Dortmund against tier 6,  1. FC Rielasingen-Arlen.

Bayern signed Tolisso from Lyon yesterday. With Rudy coming in too it looks like they might move on someone in their midfield (possibly Renato Sanches?)

Wolfsburg have signed a Brazilian called William and Frankfurt have brought in defender Salcedo from Mexico. Leipzig continuing their purchases of youngsters with the capture of Bruma from Galatasaray (they also signed some young French defender from Sochaux). 

Edit: Forgot that Bayern have also signed Gnabry.

Edited by stumigoo

5 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

can anyone tell me when the german fixtures are out and when the winter break is?is the break everyone or just the Bundesliga?

I'm in berlin on weekend 16th December for the missus's birthday so obviously would be looking to catch a game.

Last season the exact dates & times for the games in December were announced on October 7th. Would expect similar for this season.

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Any idea when they'll announce the TV games for the last weekend of September?

Last season, the exact dates & times for the games through to the end of September were announced on July 12th. 

I'm eagerly awaiting Thursday to begin mapping out what games I'll get to on my yearly jaunt over in September.

For anyone who's going over, if there's a day where a big team' aren't playing, I'd highly recommend a Regionalliga or Oberliga game. One of my favourites days was drinking dirt cheap lager, sitting in the sun on the terrace at TURU Dusseldorf v some equally poor mob with about 300 others

Hertha Berlin i believe is easy to get tickets for but not sure what kind of atmosphere you'd expect there. 

A full house at the Olympic stadium is excellent. Sadly it only happens about twice a season when Bayern Munich and Dortmund are in town. I got tickets online (direct from the club) no problem at all for the Munich game last season. I reckon even if it's not full and you are sitting near the fan section (ostkurve) the atmosphere would still be alright.

A full house at the Olympic stadium is excellent. Sadly it only happens about twice a season when Bayern Munich and Dortmund are in town. I got tickets online (direct from the club) no problem at all for the Munich game last season. I reckon even if it's not full and you are sitting near the fan section (ostkurve) the atmosphere would still be alright.

Yeah, I've been when it's around 30,000 and near the Ostkurve the atmosphere is still good.

You'll usually get tickets no bother for games through the club website and they've been a decent side the past couple of years which helps bring in punters.

Just as they're (hopefully) getting a decent Europa League run, I've moved back to Scotland. Great...

18 hours ago, Johnny Däpp said:

If you're thinking of Mönchengladbach let me know and I'll fill you in with everything you need to know, I'm a member as well so could possibly get you a ticket. 

As a member, would you be able to get a couple of tickets for the standing section?

(I'm sure I asked you this last year and you said you just snuck in with a seating ticket...?)