Bundesliga 2023/24

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

Excellent result for the Schwarzgelben (cheers Derek Rae)

Rae went to uni in Germany and is fluent in German. He also makes a concerted effort to learn how individual player names are pronounced. Would much rather that than Clive Tyldesley pronouncing things the way he thinks the audience want to hear. 

12 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Rae went to uni in Germany and is fluent in German. He also makes a concerted effort to learn how individual player names are pronounced. Would much rather that than Clive Tyldesley pronouncing things the way he thinks the audience want to hear. 

I agree, I did say that I do respect him for doing it correctly, he just doesn't need to tell us the ref, players and team names, in full, multiple times a match. He called the ref by his full name at least 5 times last night (then I stopped counting), he only needs to say it once or twice.

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

I agree, I did say that I do respect him for doing it correctly, he just doesn't need to tell us the ref, players and team names, in full, multiple times a match. He called the ref by his full name at least 5 times last night (then I stopped counting), he only needs to say it once or twice.

If you watch any English Premier League game they mention the likes of Mike Dean or Mark Clattenburg several times during the match.

A beautiful sunny day yesterday in Hannover as H96 got a 1-0 victory against Fortuna Düsseldorf. A Niclas Füllkrug goal (his 5th this season in the league), was enough to separate the teams.

Result leaves H96 in the play-off spot, 3 behind Stuttgart, equal on points with Braunschweig and 3 in front of Union Berlin.
Still 3 rounds to go, with the fixtures as follows:-

Stuttgart
Aue (H)
H96 (A)
Würzburg (H)

Braunschweig
Union Berlin (H)
Bielefeld (A)
Karlsruhe (H)

Hannover 96
Heidenheim (A)
Stuttgart (H)
Sandhausen (A)

Union Berlin
Braunschweig (A)
Heidenheim (H)
Greuther Fürth (A)

The Braunschweig/Berlin as well as the H96/Stuttgart games will have the biggest say, but the games against Heidenheim & Sandhausen are also tricky.

In the BL1, Munich secured the title with a 6-0 win in Wolfsburg, combined with RB Leipzig only drawing.

Bottom end is still tight, with 3 teams on the same points in the play-off spot. Darmstadt winning delays their relegation, whilst Ingolstadt still look to drag themselves up a place to the play-off spot. 88c9bf731190bf384c80f6d256b6add2.jpgd755722151a9a8e27101925892303853.jpge5a17ddd4b7c68ca788156dd3243f9b4.jpg

Similarly to Cowdenbeath I noticed recently that Paderborn were in line for three successive relegations. A quick check however tells me they are out the relegation zone by a point with 3 games to go. What makes it more remarkable is they were just outside the top half of the Bundesliga in December 2014.

Enjoyed Dortmund-Koln despite lack of goals. Yellow wall not as sanitised as I thought it would be can imagine crazy surges for big goals. Atmosphere was immense. Big subotic getting made to salute the yellow wall was a highlight, and as much as I usually dislike you'll never walk alone it was quite a special moment. 

Edited by Latino Lover

Sorry to jump in on this thread but can anyone advise me on the best way to acquire tickets for Dortmund vs. Bremen on 20th May? Looking at viagogo at the moment at it looks like I'll be paying the best part of £100 per ticket.

12 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Sorry to jump in on this thread but can anyone advise me on the best way to acquire tickets for Dortmund vs. Bremen on 20th May? Looking at viagogo at the moment at it looks like I'll be paying the best part of £100 per ticket.

That's what we had to do just bite bullet and pay the money. Had tickets in hand and didn't regret it once spent. Seen a few touts the other day but not sure what they were asking for.

That's what we had to do just bite bullet and pay the money. Had tickets in hand and didn't regret it once spent. Seen a few touts the other day but not sure what they were asking for.

Aye that's what I went with. £88 plus £37 fees and postage per ticket, disgusting. At least I know we've got the tickets before we go and our flights and accommodation were pretty cheap. I wouldn't trust my standard grade German to acquire tickets from a tout either.

Got tickets in a standing section (not the sudtribune obviously) which should be good.