Bundesliga 2023/24

16 hours ago, Smurph said:

You get them from the official-ticketshop but you need to become a member on that to purchase them. You can collect them either beside the ground or the tourist information centres in Dusseldorf (there's one in the main station). If you're still there on the Sunday get to the Duisburg game.

I managed to get them online at that ticket shop after much translating and I can print the tickets out same as BVB and Leverkusen a bit less hassle than picking them up over there.

Wed-Sunday joab so Duisburg game is out of the equation but pretty much 4 nights and 3 games for £285 including flights and digs seems pretty decent to me.

Edited by Neilly

Booked up for a mad wan in February.

Based in Dusseldorf looking to take in BVB/Berlin on 8th Feb, Fortuna Dusseldorf/Kaiserslautern on the 10th and Leverkusen/Eintracht Frankfurt on the 11th.

I have got tickets for the Dortmund game sorted and the Leverkusen site seems easy enough. The only problem is with the Fortuna game has anyone had any experience of buying tickets for them? The site is all in German and even the ticket pages there doesn't seem to be any links for actually buying tickets.

I take it Dusseldorf is decent lads eh?

Aye, the Altstadt is just basically pubs pubs and more pubs so you can't go wrong. Enjoy [emoji106]

20 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Whats the deal with public transport for free if you have a match ticket? Is that legit?

Aye, in the Rhein-Ruhr area.

All the teams you've mentioned in your post above will be covered by it- only thing is that you cant use it on the ICE / IC trains, only regional ones. Dusseldorf- Dortmund is about 50 minutes each way then go downstairs and follow the crowd onto the U-bahn out to the ground.

Only times I've ever seen ticket inspectors on German trains / trams/ u-bahn is the ICE ones and the train to / from Berlin Airport. If you don't have a ticket, don't think playing the dumb tourist routine works.

On 13 January 2017 at 12:33, Waspy said:

Anyone been to a Dynamo Berlin game?

In their old ground, yeah. Was a Berlin Cup game against Viktoria Berlin. Started speaking to an old boy and he asked who I supported, and was quite surprised he knew about Partick Thistle. A few minutes later he was crying and I asked what was up. He said he just loved football, and he loved that there were supporters from other football clubs from around the world going to visit his team.

23 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Whats the deal with public transport for free if you have a match ticket? Is that legit?

You'll be able to use the regional trains but not the IC/ICE ones. You'll be able to use your tickets for all the games you're going to. There's very rarely a ticket inspector anyway but it's not worth getting caught.

So to break that down further for dumbo

I will need to pay the train Dusseldorf to Dortmund and Dusseldorf to Leverkusen yay or nay?

Nay, you won't need to pay the train from Dusseldorf to Dortmund.

Not sure about Dusseldorf to Leverkusen though. Never made that trip.

12 minutes ago, Neilly said:

So to break that down further for dumbo

I will need to pay the train Dusseldorf to Dortmund and Dusseldorf to Leverkusen yay or nay?

Naw, provided you have match tickets in hand, which if you're printing them at home you will, so you don't need to pay for those trains.

Only train you'll need to pay for is to / from Dusseldorf Airport to Dusseldorf central station, think it's about 3 euros each way. Like I say, never seen a conductor (and there's no automatic barriers at the station)  but it's a 60 euro fine I think if you're caught.

edit: I've assumed you're flying into Dusseldorf, ignore that if not

Edited by Fuctifano

Spot on. In my experience the train to Dortmund is mobbed anyway, think the conductors know 90% of folk on the train will have match tickets so no point in fighting through the crowd.

You don't actually mind getting to the ground early over there because you can get a beer and a bratwurst / kebab/ chips / all of the above and take it to your seat, OK you pay a wee bit more for scran and bevvy inside the stadium compared to outside but it's still worth it.

Edited by Fuctifano

2 hours ago, Smurph said:

In their old ground, yeah. Was a Berlin Cup game against Viktoria Berlin. Started speaking to an old boy and he asked who I supported, and was quite surprised he knew about Partick Thistle. A few minutes later he was crying and I asked what was up. He said he just loved football, and he loved that there were supporters from other football clubs from around the world going to visit his team.

I remember going from Motherwell to Glasgow on the day of the Scotland v Germany match.  A group of German fans were on the train (they must have been staying in Motherwell) and when the train went past Accies ground they got incredibly excited!

Update since my last load of questions.

We've decided we're going to go 17th-20th March. That way we've got Dortmund v Ingolstadt on Friday, Cologne v Hertha Berlin on Saturday and M'Gladbach v Bayern Munich on Sunday. Surely we'll get tickets for at least one of these right?

I know Dortmund will be a struggle but I'm going to email them today then probably phone when I get a chance on Friday. If that doesn't work I suppose it'll be a viagogo effort.

How do I get tickets for Cologne or M'Gladbach? I've not checked their websites yet but I was just going to try that or emailing/phoning the club.

I was looking into the area and we're probably going to stay in Dusseldorf. We were thinking of staying in Cologne as it's bigger and apparently more touristy, but we're only looking for pubs and food so Dusseldorf looks better. I'm hoping it'll be cheaper and easier to get to the different games as well.

36 minutes ago, derrybiy said:

How do I get tickets for Cologne or M'Gladbach? I've not checked their websites yet but I was just going to try that or emailing/phoning the club.

Off their websites is fine, you might need to faff about a bit with Google translate but you can normally sign up free of charge. They'll sell to ST holders first for home games though before they go on general sale. Cologne would probably be your best bet as I assume most teams will sell out vs Bayern. On the flip side, the viagogo tickets shouldn't be too bad for Dortmund against Ingolstadt.

If you go to Cologne then the Cathedral is literally right next to the main train station, so you can take some photos there and that's your touristy bit done.

Edited by Fuctifano

For some reason I can't edit my previous post, but was going to say since I'm quiet at work I had a look at both Gladbach and Koln sites

Gladbach isn't looking promising as they have tickets on sale for games in April and May but the Bayern one isn't listed. Koln site says free sale for Hertha game goes on sale 7th Feb and you don't need any loyalty points so you should have a reasonable shout at a ticket there.

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

For some reason I can't edit my previous post, but was going to say since I'm quiet at work I had a look at both Gladbach and Koln sites

Gladbach isn't looking promising as they have tickets on sale for games in April and May but the Bayern one isn't listed. Koln site says free sale for Hertha game goes on sale 7th Feb and you don't need any loyalty points so you should have a reasonable shout at a ticket there.

Mentions here, https://www.borussia-ticketing.de/default.aspx that there are no tickets available for the Bayern game. 

Cheers. We'll either get our dortmund tickets soon on viagogo or wait for their general sale and see if we get any. I've emailed them to see when the general sale is.

I'll try Koln on the 7th then viagogo if that doesn't work. We'll probably wait until we have tickets for something before we book flights and a hotel.