Official Clydebank 15/16 Thread

BankieBear

Forfar WE were the better team in the first half and Josh kept us in the game albeit we should've had a penalty which would've put them to 10 men and wouldve mibbee settled us down a bit. The injury to Rab forced changes to the formation and we struggled to get to grips in midfield. Partly that was down to the very heavy pitch which saw us going long and not suiting us. 2nd half the homesters were on the backfoot for most of the time. I think we were probably worth the win tbh with fitness being a factor towards the end. Subs made a difference.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

West End hardly had to press against a real disappointing Bankies set up for me. To play 1 up front with a midfield 5 that hardly pushed on played into the homesters hands. West End like to play it around from the back, but are often a bombscare when pressed themselves. With Clydebanks bizarre lack of pressing, they found themselves being pressed back constantly with little 3 on 2 triangles, particularly down the inside left channel. That 1st half how west end did not have the game won is beyond me. The apparent lack of urgency and any quality from the visitors apart from the excellent young keeper was a real suprise.

I stood beside your technical area 1st half and there was not much tactical nous coming from their that helped in that desperate 1st half. Did you not have West End watched ? As the liklihood of my bet landing looked less and less likely I even contemplated handing over a quick dossier :lol:

The game was far more even in the 2nd half and big Kasubandi coming on gave the home team all sorts of problems.

The referee was abysmal and a complete jobs worth. The 2 key decisions did indeed go against Bankies and were a mystery to me.

Very good camera work btw. I stood next to the social club side filmer in 2nd half. Tough job in that sun and rain.

Would like to say a well done to the bankies a game of 2 halves I thought but if you don't take your chances you don't win the game which hurt us at West End. So I wish Clydebank all the best in the next round and for the rest of the season from all at Forfar West End. I will be definitely hoping to take a Bankies game in the future as I enjoyed it on Saturday

Yes Frankie Conway is in the Forfar We dugout.

A quality guy and a great coach in my opinion.

You never hear him bad mouthing anyone.

Tayport getting rid of him in the day was a bad decision.

Canny believe for all those pics my napper does not appear once.

So two league defeats on the bounce, thankfully i have missed both games. have the early thumping victories flattered us ?.

You would think Largs and Kilwinning will be near the top at the end of the season.

3 points a must against lowly Maybole to get us back on track next week.

Archived