Yet another US shooting

One thing I noticed was that in some of the newspapers this wasn't the main story and I did wonder if people have stopped being particularly shocked at these kinds of mass shooting and worse, if there are some who don't care any more, given America's stance on gun ownership.

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

One thing I noticed was that in some of the newspapers this wasn't the main story and I did wonder if people have stopped being particularly shocked at these kinds of mass shooting and worse, if there are some who don't care any more, given America's stance on gun ownership.

More and more when this happens it is a case of "Oh right, how many this time?"

Of course it's tragic for the victims, their families and the wider community but there comes a point where if a society's  either unwilling or unable to break their fascination with guns, you just shrug your shoulders and leave them to it.

I'm finding it increasingly hard to be sympathetic.

They are not interested in the slightest in doing anything to solve the problem. 

Thoughts and prayers definitely no gonna do it.

Until the next one :( 

2 hours ago, Jambomo said:

It starts to become similar to "50 blown up in Bagdad market" or "100 killed in Mogadishu"

Its just background noise.

The vid at the top of this story is worth watching. An awful lot of Americans seem to mimic Hollywood characters, although maybe I'm wrong and it's the other way around. Well done to him anyway.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/11/06/an-unlikely-hero-describes-gun-battle-and-95-mph-chase-with-texas-shooting-suspect/?utm_term=.a5f3b6809eec

36 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

They are not interested in the slightest in doing anything to solve the problem. 

Not the case at all, they want more people to go armed, apparently that will make it all better. 

I'm sure that will be the answer.......

cmm-militia-group-photo.jpg

1 minute ago, chomp my root said:

Not the case at all, they want more people to go armed, apparently that will make it all better. 

I'm sure that will be the answer.......

Proof if any were needed that america is nothing more than a very poor reality tv program these days.

It's even worse than that made in chelsea pish. 

1 minute ago, Trackdaybob said:

Proof if any were needed that america is nothing more than a very poor reality tv program these days.

It's even worse than that made in chelsea pish. 

I'm not sure why they bother with the multiple law enforcement agencies, just make sure everyone is armed to the teeth and they can sort it out themselves.

59 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

I posted something very similar on here after the last one and got accused of being s sociopath.