Yet another US shooting

2 hours ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

A police officer in Ohio shot a reporter who happened to be near a traffic stop and started filming. He shot with no warning.

Shooting begins at 3:20.

Turns out the reporter and the cop are buddies and the reporter is asking that the cop not be fired.

He's probably told him he wont miss next time.

2 hours ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Just a news report. Unfortunately, no video of actual incident. Car with three people attempts drive by shooting in Texas. Over 40 rounds sprayed at person sitting on porch. None hit him. He was sitting with his AR-15 and returned fire at the moving car. Kills two of the people and injures the third. 

As you do.

Just a news report. Unfortunately, no video of actual incident. Car with three people attempts drive by shooting in Texas. Over 40 rounds sprayed at person sitting on porch. None hit him. He was sitting with his AR-15 and returned fire at the moving car. Kills two of the people and injures the third. 

Nobody should go on a drive-by shooting and not come home alive[emoji20]

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/georgia-tech-student-shot-dead-by-campus-police/ar-AAs6y6Q?li=AAadgLE&ocid=ientp

Georgia Tech student shot dead by campus police.

"Come on, man, drop the knife," one officer says. "Come on, let's drop it," another officer says.

Schultz walks toward them slowly and shouts, "Shoot me!"

"No, drop the knife," the first officer says.

The officers repeatedly tell Schultz to drop the knife and one says, "Nobody wants to hurt you." Another says, "What's going on, man?"

More officers' voices are heard, telling Schultz not to move and to drop the knife. Schultz pauses briefly, then takes three steps forward before being shot once and falling to the ground.

Sounds like a straight forward suicide by cop.

1 hour ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Why didn't they just shoot him in the leg?  He had a chib, not a gun.

Fucking yanks.

I've asked that same question on here before and had some experts on US police shooting policy tell me that they are trained to hit the biggest target, ie. the torso. I thought at the time that it was a lot of shite and I still do.  If you can't hit a thigh from 20 feet then you shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun IMO.

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I've asked that same question on here before and had some experts on US police shooting policy tell me that they are trained to hit the biggest target, ie. the torso. I thought at the time that it was a lot of shite and I still do.  If you can't hit a thigh from 20 feet then you shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun IMO.

Looked like a bit of a thunder thighs too.

Police officers are trained to shoot suspects to stop a threat.  If someone had a weapon and you shot them in the leg they could still use it.  It's unlikely they would if you shot them in the chest.

Also, accurately firing handguns in those circumstances is difficult - it would likely be a moving target, they could be trying to escape or moving towards a police officer or other people.  

Leg shots are also not necessarily non-fatal - if you shot someone in the femoral artery or groin I wouldn't fancy their chances.

21 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

24 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Looked like a bit of a thunder thighs too.

It looks a lot less than 20 feet in the article too. Shooting the torso is somewhat understandable if the 'target' has a semi-automatic, or is strapped with explosives, etc, but when it's just one person with a knife, or worse, someone unarmed, it makes absolutely no sense.

Pretty sure police in the US are all basically just the 'pew, pew, pew, Murica' guy.

25 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

It looks a lot less than 20 feet in the article too. Shooting the torso is somewhat understandable if the 'target' has a semi-automatic, or is strapped with explosives, etc, but when it's just one person with a knife, or worse, someone unarmed, it makes absolutely no sense.

Pretty sure police in the US are all basically just the 'pew, pew, pew, Murica' guy.

You never seen Commando? Someone can easily throw a knife into your neck from 100 yards.

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

So you say.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAA0oAAAAJGUxOThkZDE3LWIwNWMt

tumblr_omyo9yn3vJ1skqw0co1_500.gif

Edited by welshbairn