Yet another US shooting

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I hope we do not try to have a rational discussion on here about the pros and cons of arming teachers.

It is a batshit mental idea and we should not legitimise it.

Pros: None

Cons: Fucking hunners.

I hope we do not try to have a rational discussion on here about the pros and cons of arming teachers.
It is a batshit mental idea and we should not legitimise it.

Unfortunatlely the idea seems to have plenty of traction in the US. Where all the idiots live.

The big response to any shooting from gun advocates is "more guns," it's as if they all think their life is a Steven Segall film and they're all desperate to play Rambo, when the obvious reality is that anyone who thinks arming teacher/pupils/cinema ushers/whatever is an acceptable or practical solution would shoot themselves by accident well before they got near someone on a rampage.

As long as American right wing gun nuts have it in their heads that the Democrats want to ban all guns then they will resist any attempts at gun control arguing it's a slippery slope and the first step to (and I quote) "the left getting it's ultimate goal - banning guns". 

Note, no Democratic politician that I am aware of has advocated a full ban on guns and most people only want some moderate restrictions/controls.  I am not a gun person, don't ever plan on owning one, but I don't think they should be banned, however gun owners should be licensed the way car drivers are.

6 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

As long as American right wing gun nuts have it in their heads that the Democrats want to ban all guns then they will resist any attempts at gun control arguing it's a slippery slope and the first step to (and I quote) "the left getting it's ultimate goal - banning guns". 

Note, no Democratic politician that I am aware of has advocated a full ban on guns and most people only want some moderate restrictions/controls.  I am not a gun person, don't ever plan on owning one, but I don't think they should be banned, however gun owners should be licensed the way car drivers are.

My aunt Rae lives in Canada do you know her?  She's in Toronto

The percentage of Americans owning guns is steadily dropping. There's more guns because the dwindling number of gunowners are buying more guns, an average of 8. If the decline continues the political weight the gun lobby carries could dwindle too.

gun_ownership.png&w=1484

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/06/29/american-gun-ownership-is-now-at-a-30-year-low/?utm_term=.5268c8d2c883

38 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

My aunt Rae lives in Canada do you know her?  She's in Toronto

My Cousin John lives in Scotland, he's in Glasgow, you have better odds of knowing him than I do of knowing your Aunt Rae you plonker

Edited by senorsoupe

The percentage of Americans owning guns is steadily dropping. There's more guns because the dwindling number of gunowners are buying more guns, an average of 8. If the decline continues the political weight the gun lobby carries could dwindle too.
gun_ownership.png&w=1484

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/06/29/american-gun-ownership-is-now-at-a-30-year-low/?utm_term=.5268c8d2c883

Remington were filing for bankruptcy recently because of falling sales and investments.

38 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

What an utter c**t.

(Her not you!)