Yet another US shooting

• 1 month later...

Florida is some place.

My colleague and I went there to do some work and we went into a gun store. We told the clerk that we were from California and wanted to see what kind of shit was available in Florida. The clerk got out all sorts of crazy military hardware and said "welcome to America".

• 3 weeks later...

Arkansas just passed a law expanding where guns can be carried. The law as written would include college football and basketball games. Now the legislature is attempting to backtrack and pass a new law rebanning guns at the stadiums. 

[IMG]

Democratic Rep. Greg Leding expressed his belief that firearms at sporting events could be a potentially dangerous mix: "People like to have a good time before the game, during the game, people get emotional and angry during the game. I think the idea of introducing loaded weapons into those situations is just ridiculous."

What a typical nancy boy Democrat!

Edited by Deplorable

Arkansas just passed a law expanding where guns can be carried. The law as written would include college football and basketball games. Now the legislature is attempting to backtrack and pass a new law rebanning guns at the stadiums. 
FAT-NAKED-ARKANSAS-FAN.gif
Democratic Rep. Greg Leding expressed his belief that firearms at sporting events could be a potentially dangerous mix: "People like to have a good time before the game, during the game, people get emotional and angry during the game. I think the idea of introducing loaded weapons into those situations is just ridiculous."

Nancy boy, eh?

39 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

[IMG]

It's heartening to read that there's at least one sane individual in the good 'ol US.

1 hour ago, Deplorable said:

In fairness to Arkansas fans this was after a loss to Toledo. If my team lost to a MAC squad I'd be fighting someone in the parking lot outside.

A lot of folks in there with matching vests and necks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39397938

"At this point it's unclear exactly what instigated the shooting," Capt Williams told reporters.

The guy with the gun, I'd hazard a guess.

Edited by Jacksgranda

19 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I'll bet they don't try to burgle anyone's house again.

The getaway driver is facing 3 murder charges, because she was sitting in a car while her fellow conspirators were getting shot. America's weird.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/update-woman-arrested-after-broken-arrow-area-man-fatally-shoots/article_64c15c80-0019-56d6-9322-c1b93c0ff5d0.html

Edited by welshbairn

3 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Baffling that she can be done for murder, aggravated home invasion yes but not murder surely?
Part of me agrees with stand your ground laws in principle but very open to being abused.

If you're involved in a felony where anybody dies, you're guilty of murder. I suppose it avoids "Give it to him" ambiguities. Hunter S Thompson wrote about a case, shortly before he died, where a girl was picked up by a friend who, without her knowing, stopped to rob an off license. He was shot, she was charged with murder and sentenced to life without parole. That's the rough story, tried to google check the details but got led to conspiracy sites about his death instead.