Gartcairn Juniors FC 2015/2016

Gartcairn Army

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So rossvale offered to teams in central division 1 & 2nd division , they wanted money for him?

Then gartcairn come in yes we will buy him for £0 & pay him no wages?

Bullshit like the time use said players weren't on £50 + per week.

Well looks like no one was willing to pay for the lax hence he never signed for them, maybe just maybe they then let him go for nothing and he opted for Gartcairn as he thought they would have the same sort of set up as Rossvale which has been so successful!

Well looks like no one was willing to pay for the lax hence he never signed for them, maybe just maybe they then let him go for nothing and he opted for Gartcairn as he thought they would have the same sort of set up as Rossvale which has been so successful!

Forgive me for my lack of understand on the signing rules and regulations, but as far as I was aware if you are signed on an amature contract, then the club you are with should have no reason to try and sell you for a fee? I assumed amature players could move for nothing? Or am I wrong on this?

If I am right, then why were Rossvale (or their manager) looking to push other clubs to pay a fee for a player in the first instance?

As mentioned, this is only my interpretations of the rules so I may be way off the mark!

Forgive me for my lack of understand on the signing rules and regulations, but as far as I was aware if you are signed on an amature contract, then the club you are with should have no reason to try and sell you for a fee? I assumed amature players could move for nothing? Or am I wrong on this?

If I am right, then why were Rossvale (or their manager) looking to push other clubs to pay a fee for a player in the first instance?

As mentioned, this is only my interpretations of the rules so I may be way off the mark!

He was maybe offered in exchange for another player.....

He was maybe offered in exchange for another player.....

I'm only going on what I've read in this thread and a few people suggesting that the player in question was being offered to other clubs for a 'fee' before signing for Gartcairn for free? Gartcairn then explain that the player was already on an amature contract therefore they didn't have to pay any fee?

So, what I am trying to understand is...if this was the case, then why would Rossvale be trying to earn a fee from the transfer in the first place?

Again, I am not up to scratch on the rules and only going on my own interpretation.

Surely Gartcairn are innocent in every way possible with what's went on.

If anything it's the Rossvale management/committee that should be questioned.

Find it very strange that Forth fans are annoyed with this situation considering the Forth manager and Rossvale manager are best friends. Surely the Rossvale manager would do everything possible to help forth.

Surely Gartcairn are innocent in every way possible with what's went on.

If anything it's the Rossvale management/committee that should be questioned.

Find it very strange that Forth fans are annoyed with this situation considering the Forth manager and Rossvale manager are best friends. Surely the Rossvale manager would do everything possible to help forth.

Totally agree that Gartcairn are innocent party, in no way am I questioning their business. I am only trying to establish if Rossvale (or their manager) have been trying to 'pull the wool' over other clubs eyes by trying to extract a fee for a player who should never have a fee attached to them?

Totally agree that Gartcairn are innocent party, in no way am I questioning their business. I am only trying to establish if Rossvale (or their manager) have been trying to 'pull the wool' over other clubs eyes by trying to extract a fee for a player who should never have a fee attached to them?

A hunner percent right ma man!!! Boay isny happy anaw cos hes no took a penny aff Rossvale.

Too be honest I doubt officially they can ask for money for an amateur but if they have it won't have been the first time a club have done it and it won't be the last!

I know this for a fact as it happened to me many years ago when I left a team mid season to join another's coaching staff and I wanted to sign for emergency cover. My old team demanded a fee which given my age at the time was not an option . if I had been younger I'm sure the fee asked for would have been paid!

Archived