Parking fines

A friend :ph34r: got a £100 fine for waiting for 35 minutes in a hotel car park at Glasgow Airport. They didn't actually get out of the car and they stupidly thought if anyone tried to take their details they could just drive away. Didn't realise it was one of these automatic recognition systems (Camera must be hidden away somewhere as it's not at the entrance)

I've always been told to ignore any fines from private companies. The fine came from ParkingEye who have apparently been taking a lot of people to court so I'm just wondering if ignoring it is still the done thing. Google suggests Scots Law may be on my "friends" side here.

Don't do anything, don't acknowledge correspondence, put everything straight in the bin.

By reading this advice you agree to pay me £50 for services rendered. Failure to pay within 2 weeks may leave you liable to civil proceedings or your details being passed to debt collecting agencies.

Don't do anything, don't acknowledge correspondence, put everything straight in the bin.

By reading this advice you agree to pay me £50 for services rendered. Failure to pay within 2 weeks may leave you liable to civil proceedings or your details being passed to debt collecting agencies.

Don't respond to any letters however threatening and it will go away.

Are you both speaking from experience or what you have heard?

Edited by Geedub-MFC

If its parking eye or one of the other shitebags that hotels / supermarkets normally employ in car parks their "fines" are actually invoices as they are unenforceable in under Scots law, they only are in the rest of the UK.

If its parking eye or one of the other shitebags that hotels / supermarkets normally employ in car parks their "fines" are actually invoices as they are unenforceable in under Scots law, they only are in the rest of the UK.

They are not enforceable in the rest of the UK either unless a court rules that you have to pay.

If you want my life history it's pretty much this.

1983 born

2001 graduate with law degree

2014 rubber letter from parking eye

2015 still no follow up from parking eye

June 2015 posted this.

You got a law degree by age 18? Some boi.

One way is if you someone who has disabled blue badge/permit just ask them their details then reply to the ticket and you won't hear anything more.

A lot of posters are right with the parking eye just ignore them and you tend not to hear anymore about it

The wife got one of these "fines" from a supermarket car park from the same lot. As others have said ignore all letters. They will post out a few more saying the fine is increasing and going to court etc but they have never taken anyone in Scotland to court. They will give up in the end.