Parking fines

Whilst I agree it seems incredibly harsh considering a lot of people will be in situations like that, the money gathered from hospital parking charges does get used for necessary works on the hospital etc, so if  parking was made free that would be a huge dent in their budget.

I'm sure some of it does.

Not an expert and it might be different in Scotland but aren't the car parks usually run by NCP (or similar bloodsuckers) who pay for the concession?

probably after deducting interest paid to their parent company, management fees and all sorts of other scams.

17 minutes ago, Mr X said:

The new hospital in Dumfries opens next week. It has free parking

Hopefully it works out okay, and clearly with the new hospital they have budgeted it in to not require parking fees, but as welshbairn says below, free parking at a hospital comes with other issues as well. 

I'm not really bothered either way, if a hospital can provide free parking then that's great, but I won't complain about a parking charge if it's felt it's needed to stop people abusing it or to raise more funds for he hospital. Think maybe there should be something for staff though as it's a bit unfair to expect them to pay to park at their work (although admittedly loads of people are in this position with work).

5 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I'm sure some of it does.

Not an expert and it might be different in Scotland but aren't the car parks usually run by NCP (or similar bloodsuckers) who pay for the concession?

probably after deducting interest paid to their parent company, management fees and all sorts of other scams.

I have to admit the examples I know of are large major hospitals in England, so maybe in Scotland it's indeed a company taking the funds, in which case I'd be completely against it.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Anyone any clue what getting caught doing 84 in a 70 will get you? Awaiting the letter back

3pts and £100 fine I'd say, you were only 5mph above the usual leeway allowed.

Edited by welshbairn

5 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Hopefully it works out okay, and clearly with the new hospital they have budgeted it in to not require parking fees, but as welshbairn says below, free parking at a hospital comes with other issues as well. 

I'm not really bothered either way, if a hospital can provide free parking then that's great, but I won't complain about a parking charge if it's felt it's needed to stop people abusing it or to raise more funds for he hospital. Think maybe there should be something for staff though as it's a bit unfair to expect them to pay to park at their work (although admittedly loads of people are in this position with work).

Can't imagine why anyone other than staff, patients and hospital visitors would want to park at the new Dumfries hospital to be fair. It's not convenient for anything else and there's no massive shortage of town centre parking to the extent people would need to use it as a park and ride.

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Free parking at Raigmore has been a disaster, often impossible to find a free bay and c***s using it as a fucking park and ride. 

That's the reason a lot of hospitals charge for parking.

There should be some system wherbye if you're visiting or a day patient you should get free parking, it couldn't be that hard to implement, surely? Staff get free parking, don't they?

4 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

That's the reason a lot of hospitals charge for parking.

There should be some system wherbye if you're visiting or a day patient you should get free parking, it couldn't be that hard to implement, surely? Staff get free parking, don't they?

Should be simple enough, a pass code at the exit barrier for staff and each patient (passed to visitors on leaving). Raigmore still has the remains of the barriers, just a refurbishment and upgrade required. £50 fine for anyone taking the pish.

Edited by welshbairn

9 hours ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Look at Article 23 of the GDPR. It sets out exemptions that any member state can apply.

The UK government will want to exempt the DVLA (so they can continue to sell our details to Parking Eye & the like). 

The excuse will be that it is to "safeguard... ...(j) the enforcement of civil law claims."

Should be simple enough, a pass code at the exit barrier for staff and each patient (passed to visitors on leaving). Raigmore still has the remains of the barriers, just a refurbishment and upgrade required. £50 fine for anyone taking the pish.

Perth royal infirmary have a decent system. Parking is free, but you have to display a ticket in the 3 hour car parks, or a ticket and a slip that comes attached to your appointment letter for the 9 hour stay areas.

Mrs X got a letter today for a fine for an overstay when she parked in Carlisle a few weeks ago. As it's in England I'm not really sure what the legal situation is.

However, what's more annoying is that she was back at the car and out of the space before the time expired but by the time she got out of the car park and through the barrier she was a few minutes over. They want £100 [emoji34]

7 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Mrs X got a letter today for a fine for an overstay when she parked in Carlisle a few weeks ago. As it's in England I'm not really sure what the legal situation is.

However, what's more annoying is that she was back at the car and out of the space before the time expired but by the time she got out of the car park and through the barrier she was a few minutes over. They want £100 emoji34.png

I ignored a couple I got in Wales and nothing happened, just threatening letters for 6 months or so. Unless it was a council car park I'd bin it. If it was a supermarket and she's proof of spending a fair amount it could be worth phoning them up and asking if they can sort it, done that a couple of times. 

However, what's more annoying is that she was back at the car and out of the space before the time expired but by the time she got out of the car park and through the barrier she was a few minutes over. They want £100 [emoji34]

File it in the bin.

On 02/12/2017 at 11:22, Mr X said:

However, what's more annoying is that she was back at the car and out of the space before the time expired but by the time she got out of the car park and through the barrier she was a few minutes over. They want £100 emoji34.png

Do you live in England or were you just popping over?

I got a parking fine notice through today for parking in the Wickes carpark near Tynecastle.  I was running late for the game even though kick off was delayed 15 mins and knew free parking was only permitted for 90 mins but decided to take the risk. Now they have sent a notice for a  £100 parking charge providing photo evidence. If I pay within 14 days it will be reduced to £60.  It's been sent by creditor G24 Ltd.

Should I pay up or just ignore it? 

On 12/5/2017 at 13:53, invergowrie arab said:

Do you live in England or were you just popping over?

Just popped over

2 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

I got a parking fine notice through today for parking in the Wickes carpark near Tynecastle.  I was running late for the game even though kick off was delayed 15 mins and knew free parking was only permitted for 90 mins but decided to take the risk. Now they have sent a notice for a  £100 parking charge providing photo evidence. If I pay within 14 days it will be reduced to £60.  It's been sent by creditor G24 Ltd.

Should I pay up or just ignore it? 

Is the photo of the car reg?

ETA - beaten to it by Bairnardo ... the shame :ph34r:

Edited by Mr X

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Can you be identified in the photo?

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Just popped over

Is the photo of the car reg?

ETA - beaten to it by Bairnardo ... the shame :ph34r:

Car registration is clear in photo but you can't make out who the driver is.